Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

The difference between the kids and the new signings, also Worthy

I am always the people who fully support the kids from the academy, to play for the first team, because the kids must be with the club, at least more than 1 year, or liked Chris Martin a local lads, he must be with the club for more than 4 to 5 years, many of them were Norwich City supporters, or even Kris Renton from Scotland, he come to Norwich and want to play football with the highest level, the desire is hugher.

Just to think about yourself, if you have chance to play for your favourite team, first of all your passion and heart must be over than anyone! Maybe, maybe the skill or pace are not better than season pro, but you know enthusiasm or other non-phyiscal factors, can definitely increase and improve your performance.

The new signings, well, no disrespect to them, they may only play for their contract, play for their future, so when you talk about local pride or passions to the fans? It all depends on where they born; I am not saying all of the new signings did not have passion, Hucks was the different case of course, but for the kids, I did not see anyone is less than the pro.

So, why Nigel Worthington always ignore our kids? Can anyone explain?

Whilst everything you say is correct, it''s not all black or white.Sometimes they''re just not good enough - and all the passion and heart in the world can''t change that. Just look at Ian Henderson.Also, at that age, most of the youngsters are too lightweight when competing at this level. It doesn''t mean they won''t develop into great players in their mid-to-late twenties/early thirtees, but at 15, 17 and 18 etc. - weight and physique, usually speaking, isn''t on their side.

[quote user="The Canary"]why the sudden obsession with the acedemy and the "kids"?[/quote]

I always back the kids although I did not see him training before, but like myself, a player-coach of my 7-a-sider footy team, I will always give the chance for the kids to start the game, not use them for sub or put him on the bench. They are poor and not very commited sometimes but you still need to give them chance to play, because if they did not play, or show what they can do, you will never know what mistakes they had made.