Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Fotheringham's Getting a new deal

Grant seems to be of the misguided opinion that Fotheringham is a replacement for Safri (who he clearly doesn''t like for some reason). Nothing I have seen suggests that is remotely the case. I hope Grant and Safri can learn to get on, because for me Youssef is a true quality player. Yes he gets injured and even ''tired'' because when he''s on the pitch he''s working hard, playing intelligently and getting stuck in. We sorely miss him when he''s not there. By contrast Fotheringham looks decidedly lightweight, I''m afraid. Keep him as back-up by all means, but please don''t think he''s the solution if (sadly) you plan on shipping Safri out.

OTBC

Fotheringknob and Martin will be out on loan to Rochdale before next February arrives....to cut the wage bill.

[quote user="Mazy Run"]

Grant seems to be of the misguided opinion that Fotheringham is a replacement for Safri (who he clearly doesn''t like for some reason). Nothing I have seen suggests that is remotely the case. I hope Grant and Safri can learn to get on, because for me Youssef is a true quality player. Yes he gets injured and even ''tired'' because when he''s on the pitch he''s working hard, playing intelligently and getting stuck in. We sorely miss him when he''s not there. By contrast Fotheringham looks decidedly lightweight, I''m afraid. Keep him as back-up by all means, but please don''t think he''s the solution if (sadly) you plan on shipping Safri out.

OTBC

[/quote]Fotheringham for Saff has the feel of Jarrett for Francis. He just doesn''t look like a worthy successor.

fozzy has the skill, but i don''t think he''s got the engine for the champs.  sure, he lacked match fitness when he arrived, and still hasn''t played enough games to get to peak condition - but despite taking this into consideration, he''s had 10 weeks since being signed to get fit and for me, i''ve not seen a performance from him yet, even for a 20 min or so spell, that convinces me he can boss the midfield.  obviously, grant saw him play at preston and says he turned it on - fair enough -  but if safri is off, shouldn''t we be looking for a player who''s already proven in the champs as a replacement???

No money to spend again this summer , Fotheringham is cheap and thats the main thing at this club , we are linked with the Crewe defender and the Cardiff keeper and its no surprise both are available for nothing .Want to challenge then spend some half decent money and bring in good players and dont rely on cheap cast offs .

[quote user="ncfc1"]No money to spend again this summer , Fotheringham is cheap and thats the main thing at this club , we are linked with the Crewe defender and the Cardiff keeper and its no surprise both are available for nothing .Want to challenge then spend some half decent money and bring in good players and dont rely on cheap cast offs .[/quote]Not always true ncfc. What did Watford and Reading spend last year? Palace the season they went up with us? They had a team and a manager that just clicked, not made up of any big name signings. If you have that, it''s often easier to go up than if you have the money, the names and the expectation. As well we and many others know!

[quote user="ricky knight"]how long does this fellah need to get fit, he has been here 3 months, we must need a new fitness coach.[/quote]

There is being fit and being match fit, they are 2 completely different things. To be match fit you need a run of games. Earnie at the mo is fit but not match fit.

I am still unhappy about our freebie approach at the minute, but it is about NUMBERS right now.  Lets see what Grant gets to spend in the summer, and then we can shout and scream. 

For me Fotheringham can pass well, tackle and move, and is better than Carl robinson, on that benchmark I reckon he is worth a punt for a year.

GOOD!

And with pre-season here to work on what Grant wants from him i expect to see an increased level of performances from Fozzy.

PG makes the points that Fozzy does very well in practice, which most of us do not see, was the best player in the pitch in one game - against Preston, and is probably suffering from the fact that he has not had many starts, and has played in sveral roles and positions.He seems to believe that Fozzy, once he has settled and has a regulat role, will begin to reveal his skills. I am beiginning to appreciate PG''s astuteness in judging players, so perhaps I am more confident than most that Fozzy will come good.

[quote user="Salopian"]PG makes the points that Fozzy does very well in practice, which most of us do not see, was the best player in the pitch in one game - against Preston, and is probably suffering from the fact that he has not had many starts, and has played in sveral roles and positions.

He seems to believe that Fozzy, once he has settled and has a regulat role, will begin to reveal his skills. I am beiginning to appreciate PG''s astuteness in judging players, so perhaps I am more confident than most that Fozzy will come good.
[/quote] I seem to remember that Chris Llewellyn was supposed to be awesome in training - unfortunately he was garbage in most matches that he played for City. I have seen nothing so far to suggest that Fothers will contribute much to any success we might have next season. No, as others have said, he comes at the right price and we need to make up the numbers in our squad. Simple as that.

[quote user="Cluck "]Fotheringknob and Martin will be out on loan to Rochdale before next February arrives....to cut the wage bill.[/quote]

Rochdale couldn''t afford the hundred quid a week wages so perhaps they''ll get Hughes at £19.99p.

No transfer fee, and probably relatively low wages for an occasionally useful squad player. Appears like a fairly pragmatic decision to keep Fotheringham.  We have a very thin squad as it is, so he''ll do as cover. I just hope Grant has higher ambitions for our starting eleven for next season.Grant clearly doesn''t hold much hope of receiving much of a transfer

kitty to attract new players, because there must be plenty of better

midfielders around, but they will come at a price.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]how long does this fellah need to get fit, he has been here 3 months, we must need a new fitness coach.[/quote]

There is being fit and being match fit, they are 2 completely different things. To be match fit you need a run of games. Earnie at the mo is fit but not match fit.

[/quote]

what a cop out i can play 90 minutes at my age, let alone pro training etc, 3 months, a boxer is in peak condition in that time, they dont need a run of matches. the fellah is not good enough, bottom line and has done nout in his career to suggest he can cut it at this level.

[quote user="Salopian"]PG makes the points that Fozzy does very well in practice, which most of us do not see, was the best player in the pitch in one game - against Preston, and is probably suffering from the fact that he has not had many starts, and has played in sveral roles and positions.

He seems to believe that Fozzy, once he has settled and has a regulat role, will begin to reveal his skills. I am beiginning to appreciate PG''s astuteness in judging players, so perhaps I am more confident than most that Fozzy will come good.
[/quote]

pray tell me what astute signings Grant has made, i must have missed something.

I havent seen much from Fozzie at Carrow road to impress me as yet.  He has no pedigree (being involved with a Dundee side heading to relegation, a german side in a similar circumstances and a swiss side performing very poorly).  But as others have said we are thin on the ground in central midfield and he is still young.  I doubt he is going to be on a massive wage either.

I like the way Waghorn bigs up the ever inconsistent Etuhu and dismisses Safri as the one whom should be worried about Fozzie!!!  I don''t think either will be quaking in their boots as neither''s first team slot is under any threat whatsoever on Fozzie''s current showings.

Fozzy hasnt shone yet and may never be a real star.However take away the starting duo of Safri and Etuhu and we have no cover at all;  Fozzy may not work as hard as Hughes but he is more effective;   and beyond that we have no central midfield.   Etuhu has improved (too slowly and too late in the season) mainly due to increased competition.  Fozzy can be a decent squad player,  Hughes the emergency back up for 10 positions but regular starter for none,  and a new competitor (and if safri does leave as is rumoured a replacement for him too) in the central midfield unit is essential to make us a real force next season.  

Derby and West Brom won games down here purely due to the options and power in midfield, with a string midfield feeding the likes of Hux, Earnie and Martin we will have a strong team next season.

Sign fozzy,  inexpensive known that boosts the size of a squad that was far too small at the start of the season;  the only mistake in doing so is if he is the only midfield signing before the new season starts.   

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

pray tell me what astute signings Grant has made, i must have missed something.

[/quote]

Yet another signing that show''s Grant''s managerial nous and that City are going absolutely nowhere again next season!!!

Fotheringdick is utter c**p!!!  [:@]

Seems fair enough to me - he looks as if he can pass a ball pretty well so has an advantage over several players of recent seasons, and it is not as if we don''t need cover all over the pitch.

Whatever, I do have to confess to being slightly bemused at how someone who admits to having never seen him play can christen the guy fotheringdick and call him utter crap.  I don''t want to get into this pointless ''if you don''t go you can''t have an opinion'' argument as everyone is entitled to their view - but it has to be said in this instance you really aren''t in much of a position to pass such a judgement.