Sign in to follow this  
ca

Burnley v Norwich Match Thread

[quote user="AJ"]Dublin now limping out of the frey

that''s now 18 unavailable players if he has to go off?!
[/quote]

Where do you get 18 from??

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="AJ"]Dublin now limping out of the frey

that''s now 18 unavailable players if he has to go off?!
[/quote]

[/quote] Let''s see - Chadwick, Brown, Hucks, Fozzy, Lappin, Ryan Jarvis (loan), Fisk (loan), Hendo (loan), McVeigh (loan), Rossi Jarvis (loan), Dublin, Safri, Thorne, (Louis Jean??), Doherty, Colin, Lewis (loan), Halliday (loan)??

Can''t think of any more.

That''s 18!!

Attendance only 9000

Leic 1 Birmingham 2

Earnshaw on instead of Eagle and we''ve had 2 really good chances in the past 5 mins, Dublin and Shackell.

Akinbiyi has gone off.

MLJ

David Marshall

Doherty

Colin (Family Commitments)

Safri

Chadwick

Fozzy

Lappin

Brown

Huckerby

I can only get 10 (well 9 excluding Colin)

[quote user="3canaries"]

MLJ

David Marshall

Doherty

Colin (Family Commitments)

Safri

Chadwick

Fozzy

Lappin

Brown

Huckerby

I can only get 10 (well 9 excluding Colin)

[/quote] Good point, I had forgotten about Marshall!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="AJ"]Dublin now limping out of the freythat''s now 18 unavailable players if he has to go off?![/quote]

[/quote] Let''s see - Chadwick, Brown, Hucks, Fozzy, Lappin, Ryan Jarvis (loan), Fisk (loan), Hendo (loan), McVeigh (loan), Rossi Jarvis (loan), Dublin, Safri, Thorne, (Louis Jean??), Doherty, Colin, Lewis (loan), Halliday (loan)??

Can''t think of any more.

That''s 18!!

[/quote]

thanks Alex, so yeah, 18!shockingwe even have Renton on now!

I think the only ones which affect us badly are these 7, but hopefully Hucks and Dublin will make Sunday.

Hucks, Lappin, Fozzy, Safri, Doherty, Chadwick, Dublin.

I think we should recall Ryan Jarvis, he''s more confident now plus a Norfolk lad who''ll be up for it Sat.

Why cant Fozzy play with a broken thumb?

i would care about being 3-0 down to burnley but i dont.
a 16 year old up front? what do we expect.
im not complaining at all, im happy that the youngsters are finally being given a go.
we have nothing to play for so why not give the kids a run out.
we only have one real game this season and that is on sunday.
i think with all the injuries we should start recalling some of our loan players.

Same old story - one step forward and two steps back.  Unless we do well in the transfer market in the summer can''t see it changing much next year either.

we should recall Jarvis, don''t think we should get McVeigh thou back, not worth it!

It''s Lappin who has the broken thumb, and he had to have surgery on it.Safri is out for the rest of the seasonas is Doherty and Chadwick

Huckerby  will hopefully be fit for the scum, No idea about Dublin,Fozzy should hopefully be back aswell!

and 3-0 is an unfair reflection on tonights game.

[quote user="sket"]

im not complaining at all, im happy that the youngsters are finally being given a go.
i think with all the injuries we should start recalling some of our loan players.

[/quote]

this is how results will pan out next season if we have all the youngsters in as wanted by many on this forum. I have no objections to trying one or two, now and again but we must spend in the summer.

I listened to it on tinternet and from what the non biased team on Radio Norfolk said we did not deserve to lose 3-0, but I half expected for us to lose, you look at our average age of the team, just hope that doesn''t effect the youngsters confidence, I feel we have done as well as we could have done, don''t think there will be too much slating of PG and the team, I know I won''t.

Regards to recalling loan players, if we are to recall any players then we should choose the ones who are flying and confident, maybe WLY, give him a start?

Were safe from going down so might as well give the kids a game. Good experience for them all. Apart from the scum game  I couldn''t give a monkeys about the others if PG decides to blood the youngsters more. Remember the Wolves game at the end of last season? Absolutely nothing hanging on it and Worthy still refused to play any fringe players to give them a bit of experience.

Good point Ricki and exactly what I was thinking earlier this evening when three down.  Grant must be careful because the ''patient'' city faithful (joke) will not be content with youngsters being played next season only to get thumped every game.  There again the way some people go on about the youngsters being played maybe they will be happy with that.  They must be blooded gradually when we are hit by injuries and the like and not played just because the fans demand it.  Just because you are 16 or 17 does not mean they can all come and set the league alight.  Martin started off well and was talking a couple of games ago about getting another 5 goals in the remaining games and since then he has not scored.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="sket"]

[/quote]

this is how results will pan out next season if we have all the youngsters in as wanted by many on this forum. I have no objections to trying one or two, now and again but we must spend in the summer.

[/quote]  Grant has done a fantastic job in loaning out some of the youngsters like Jarvis brothers, Henderson and Lewis as they are getting valuable first team football and Grant can watch their progress, and be in a better position to see if they have a role to play at Norwich next season.  As for the youngsters tonight Grant should be applauded again because we are safe and this is the best time to give some of the youngsters a taste of first team football.  It didn''t sound as though Eagle, Spillane, Martin and Renton let the team down and it would have done wonders for their confidence.  Bally Smart had a couple of minutes of first team football and I bet he was a happy lad despite the defeat. 

Of course Grant is going to bring in more experienced players in the summer and it is highly unlikely that any of tonight''s youngsters will be automatic first choice next season, but at least Grant knows that they can do a job if he needs them.  The decisions Grant has taken with these youngsters will have a tremendous knock on effect with those still coming through the academy.  At last we have a manager who knows that we don''t have the money to compete in the transfer market with the big boys and is using the academy for what it was set up for which is to produce good home grown talent.

[quote user="Smudger"]Yet another result that show''s that we haven''t progressed whatsoever so far under Grant!!![/quote]

we have Smudge we are playing 16 year olds up front, we have come along way, our january signings are terrific and it still worthy''s fault.

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="sket"]

[/quote]

[/quote]  Grant has done a fantastic job in loaning out some of the youngsters like Jarvis brothers, Henderson and Lewis as they are getting valuable first team football and Grant can watch their progress, and be in a better position to see if they have a role to play at Norwich next season.  As for the youngsters tonight Grant should be applauded again because we are safe and this is the best time to give some of the youngsters a taste of first team football.  It didn''t sound as though Eagle, Spillane, Martin and Renton let the team down and it would have done wonders for their confidence.  Bally Smart had a couple of minutes of first team football and I bet he was a happy lad despite the defeat. 

Of course Grant is going to bring in more experienced players in the summer and it is highly unlikely that any of tonight''s youngsters will be automatic first choice next season, but at least Grant knows that they can do a job if he needs them.  The decisions Grant has taken with these youngsters will have a tremendous knock on effect with those still coming through the academy.  At last we have a manager who knows that we don''t have the money to compete in the transfer market with the big boys and is using the academy for what it was set up for which is to produce good home grown talent.

[/quote]

yea such a great job loaning them all out, we had to put a baby up front tonight, how can a 16 year old be ahead of Jarvis in the pecking order, why not keep hm as part of the squad, give him games and time.

Keep Up City Angel, it''s Lappin with the thump problem not fozzy!!! , and in answer to your question no idea!

With all this confusion anyone would think we have any injury crisis!!!

oh, and i hope you arent being serious, you cannot judge our overall progress under PG on a defeat to Burnley with a load of untested teenagers / scholars who may never even be offered pro deals!!!

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Yet another result that show''s that we haven''t progressed whatsoever so far under Grant!!![/quote]

we have Smudge we are playing 16 year olds up front, we have come along way, our january signings are terrific and it still worthy''s fault.

[/quote]

tee he he...

Totally agree with your Jarvis point too.... 

Like I have said all along... imo Jarvis is as good as any of these kids that Grant has brought in (including Martin)... he has just never been given a run in the team... in the 3 or 4 years since Jarvis made his debut I don''t think he has made a consecutive start.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I guess I''m going to have to get to Colney tomorrow to rub Huck''s back for him.

Still more hope of recovering from a back strain then him playing and getting badly injurded isnt there?

Perhaps they are being cautious for Sunday.

[/quote]

Please don''t do that angel - you''ll lose control of yerself and make his back even worse [;)]

I wouldn''t be too surprised to see his name flash up on the board come five to twelve on Sunday.

Ricky Knight wrote "yea such a great job loaning them all out, we had to put a baby up front tonight, how can a 16 year old be ahead of Jarvis in the pecking order, why not keep hm as part of the squad, give him games and time."

Quite simply, he very obviously isn''t ahead of Jarvis in the pecking order because Jarvis was sent out to get match experience whilst Renton was an emergency fill in to cover for our injured first teamers on one occasion. To phrase it another way, during the period in which Jarvis HAS been getting regular first team action (which I think he needs), how much first team action has Renton been getting??   

I can''t feel too depressed about this one what with all the kids in the team and the continuing injury nightmare. They sounded like they played ok and just got caught out twice late on. Spillane sounded like he did well, as much as you can tell from radio commentary. Can''t say I''m particularly looking forward to Sunday though...