Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

DICKSON !!

For most of this season Etuhu has been on everyones hate list. Recent perfomances have quietened most of the critics.

Where are you now?

SHOULD WE STILL SELL HIM OR KEEP HIM?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

For most of this season Etuhu has been on everyones hate list. Recent perfomances have quietened most of the critics.

Where are you now?

SHOULD WE STILL SELL HIM OR KEEP HIM?

[/quote]

Surely we should keep Dickson -- if he want to stay!!!

I think it shows Grants man management skills, he bigs up Dickson for a while and after a bit Dickson believes it and plays with more confidence. Good for Grant good for Dickson and good for us!

When his confidence is up, it is clear for all to see by the way he goes about the game.  IN that sense, he is an undoubtable asset.  Unfortunately, for the majority of the season, he has been a bystander, watching idly as the game has passed him by.  What he will be like, next season, is anyone''s guess.  Whether or not he should stay, is up to Grant and if he does, lets just hope we get the best out of him, like we know he is capable of

The one thing you need in this league as a team and a player is consistency, and im afraid he has not been consistant. Surely as a fully paid professional you should not need a manager to "big" you up in order for you to play well or at least with commitment for 90 minutes once or twice a week?

I would have to say let him go for a price, provided we are going to have funds etc to build a decent sized squad next season.

It seems to be that his performances have improved since Duffy came on board.

Earlier this season I would have been all for getting rid of him, but since January I think he has shown that he can perform more consistently. I agree that skill isn''t enough and attitude is also important, but with Dickson it seems to be a lot about confidence. I think we should hold on to him, on his day he is one of the best in this league and we are getting a much better proportion of good days.

KEEP - no question. Anyone who saw the Chelsea game will know why. Most managers would give anything for that level of ability and presence in midfield and we''d be mad to give it to someone else. He just needs to find the consistency and i believe Grant is getting and will get that out of him.

I think that we definitely need to keep him. He undoubtedly has a great deal of ability and, imo, we have started to see something approaching his potential in the last few weeks - infact, as has been mentioned, it seems as though this has happened since Duffy arrived. Although, it is also possible to take the more cynical view that he has been playing more consistently in the knowledge that prem clubs have been watching him since his performance against Chelsea, but I prefer the former - ie Duffy and Grant have managed to boost his confidence and level of performance. Anyway, I think we should keep him as he is the type of player who can be immeasurably useful in this league.     

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i wouldn''t be surprised to see dicko go for £1.8m in the summer.
[/quote]

He can be a fairly decent player when on form but if anyone offered that kind of money we should bite their hands off.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i wouldn''t be surprised to see dicko go for £1.8m in the summer.[/quote]

He can be a fairly decent player when on form but if anyone offered that kind of money we should bite their hands off.

[/quote]agreed, but he''s playing well again tonight, bonding with spillane according to adams

If only he had half of hughes committment,   but he is worth persevering with, for  now,  but like several other players he needs competition for places... 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

If only he had half of hughes committment,   but he is worth persevering with, for  now,  but like several other players he needs competition for places... 

[/quote]

We should keep Dickson (best centre-midfielder we have got) and show the door immediately to Hughes and the Doc!!!

Fortunately Dickson is a far better footballer, when he applies his mind,  when he cant be bothered they are equals on the pitch.

Dickson only shines when in the shop window: see Chelski game, and now when transfer opportunity is upon us again.

Francis in disguise methinks, off load the lazy herbert in the summer, in his mind he needs a bigger stage, champagne charlie, brown ale attitude.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

We should keep Dickson (best centre-midfielder we have got) and show the door immediately to Hughes and the Doc!!!

[/quote]seems like dicko is relaising his potential under grant - can see him going in the summer for loadsa dosh though.agree our defence needs a big clear out.

I was all for getting shot of him earlier in the season but now I''m not so sure. he does seem to be getting more consistent, has nicked a couple of goals so we should probably stick with him for the time being and hope that the Duffy/Grant combo can make him the midfield powerhouse he is clearly capable of being.