Sign in to follow this  
DION DUBLIN FOR ENGLAND MANAGER!

Worthy and transfers?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Worthy did get hucks and Crouch in at the right time but who here thinks that if we handt of Lsot Neilsen and Zema abbey hadn''t of got injured Worthingtons hand wouldnt of been forced to getting Hucks and Crouch?

things would of been very different.... no premiership, Worthington may have gone sooner, or still been in charge... how would things be at the club now?

jas :)

[/quote]

And if Pele had been born in Costessey we might have been more successful in the 60''s jas [;)]

[/quote]

we''re to good for him.. over rated and played in some Mickey mouse USA league.. he''d of been had for breakfast at Trowse/Colney! ;)

jas :)

[quote user="Lambo"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Lambo"]both Lappin and Marshall (fair enough he didn''t have many games before he got injured) have come in and done good jobs.... Grant also took a gamble on Chris Martin which isn''t something i could have seen Worthington doing and he''s been a huge success[/quote]

did martin not come to city under Worthy''s regime, i am sure with the same circumstance Worthy would have been backed into a corner like Grant, blimey its like Grant has made a great discovery, he was in the system for crying out loud. Lappin done a steady job, but is that sort of signing promotion material, i dont think so.

[/quote]

Grant was willing to take a chance on him, something Worthy wouldn''t do with any youngsters last season even though we had nothing to play for, Grant gambled on a youngster when we were looking at a possible threat of relegation.

Iwill try this again, though it is not easy, Worthy would have done the same backed into the same corner, remember a club have coaches and backroom staff who take notes and moniter players and advice the boss. Martin is the sort of player who would have broken in under any manager, cream always float to the top. When i ran a side even at local level, if i wanted a reserve team player i consulted the reserve team manager for advice, its common sense. The youngsters you keep on about NW not playing have been shipped out on loan does that tell you Grant dont rate them enough either?

and bringing in players who are consistantly solid  rather than have a good game every 10 games but go missing in the other  9 ala Etuhu is a decent signing for me and he''s a player who brings in a threat from set peices which is somethign we haven''t had for a good few seasons now.

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Lambo"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Lambo"]both Lappin and Marshall (fair enough he didn''t have many games before he got injured) have come in and done good jobs.... Grant also took a gamble on Chris Martin which isn''t something i could have seen Worthington doing and he''s been a huge success[/quote]

did martin not come to city under Worthy''s regime, i am sure with the same circumstance Worthy would have been backed into a corner like Grant, blimey its like Grant has made a great discovery, he was in the system for crying out loud. Lappin done a steady job, but is that sort of signing promotion material, i dont think so.

[/quote]

Grant was willing to take a chance on him, something Worthy wouldn''t do with any youngsters last season even though we had nothing to play for, Grant gambled on a youngster when we were looking at a possible threat of relegation.

[/quote]

Then why did Worthy start Spillane in both Easter fixtures last season, not through neccessity but through choice. He was a year younger then too!

[/quote]

No you must be wrong, NW did not play youngsters.