Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

Awards Time

End of another season and it''s time to vote.

Not for the player of the season - but this is for your favourite pinkun poster: and why?

And for the wooden spoon - sho is your least favourite poster over the past season?

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

Not for the player of the season - but this is for your favourite pinkun poster: and why?

And for the wooden spoon - sho is your least favourite poster over the past season?

[/quote]My Pink''un Posters of the Season!Nutty Nigel - Always level-headed but with a ruthless streak of insisting on the truth, the whole truth and nothing but...Mbncfc - Amusing but thoughtful and a joy to post with... and not bad music, either [;)]Hogesar - For the NCFC Goals website!7Rew - For Scum-watching Manchester drinks... shame about the score!Jas the Barclay King - Seems to be on a similar level of thought to myself, but with added rant ability! Also has good music taste! [:)]Blahblahblah - A true gentleman who has the ability to debate, rather than argue, with cunning and thoughtfulness.Canary Angel - Her crush on Hucks is quite endearing, but she also knows her footballing and NCFC onions!And I hate to award these ones, as their egos don''t need any encouragement, but for pure pantomine villainy, which is always fun, Smudger and Cluck! [:D] Oh god, I hate to think what I''ve started here... [:S]Losers of the Season...Well it would be so easy to put Cluck and Smudger in here, but in all truth they have failed to even come close to the hatred I feel towards the now-departed Yellow Fever - outspoken prat who wouldn''t know the good side of an argument if it had a size nine hobnailed boot impailing him in the head... one no one will miss!

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]

Unleash the sycophants and the usual ghastly mutual back-scratching - yuck

here are my nominations:
  • comedy - mello
  • most astute - ZLF
  • finger on pulse - rude old (when he posts)
  • bollards, can''t be bothered with anything else - a bowl of rhubarb pie and custard just turned up. 

Top posters...

Well there really only can be one Cluck can''t there???

2nd Place     Mello Yello (pure entertainment... say no more)

3rd Place     Son''s of Bodicea (one of the few individualist''s on the forum who always spoke up for those of us with an alternative viewpoint even when the majority who did not agree with us was greater than it is now)

4th Place      Mystic Megson (always a good read and has well balanced views)

5th Place     1st Wizard (Miss you when you ain''t here mate... We have had one or 2 disagreements but even when we disagree I value your input and have respect for your view point...  I know that we agree on the main issue of what is wrong at this football club.... You have good entertainment value and this forum is no way near as much fun when you are not about).

oh I must mention mbncfc also... who I have the utmost respect for.... even though he disagree''s with most of what myself and Cluck have said over the past 7 months or so he has always been the most respectful person on the forum in my opinion.

I have also enjoyed the input of Ricky Knight and Charlies Dad... two other battle weary troops that have joined Sgt Major Smudger and Wg Commander Cluck''s campaign to show the real truth!!!

Wooden Spoon has to be a toss-up (very apt word there) between Yankee and Herb... 

Nutty came close to a nomination for me in this category... but over the last couple of weeks I have actually noticed that I do agree with the odd thing here and there that Nutty passes comment on... and even when I don''t I must admit that I do quite often enjoy the battles that we have....  The main reason why Nutty does not come close to the pair above however is that in my book Nutty always tries to base his arguement on a footballing viewpoint.

oh and thank''s for the compliment EM but unfortunately you still fail to make my list....  better luck next year!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

oh and thank''s for the compliment EM but unfortunately you still fail to make my list....  better luck next year!!!

[/quote]I''ll live... [;)]

Best Poster.   Me. Quality with sheer quantity is a rare commodity these days.

Runner-up.  Smudger because he is sensitive to the views of others and usually agrees with me.

Funniest.  Mello because underneath the humour is a very astute cookie indeed....but prone to dyslexia.

Most Intelligent.  Mystic Megson because she knows her stuff and was great in the Xmas pantomime.

Best Biter.  Evil Monkey as he cannot resist a wind up and is a spotty environmentalist nerd to boot.

Chief Sheep.  Nutty Nigel who runs the Neil Dongcaster appreciation Society and has a "thing" about Delia Smith.

Lesser Sheep. Chicken..Temp..Herb..7rew..sPat..a1canary (Christ I could go on and on here).

Best Thread Starter. Bly Bly.  Picks great topics to start fights with.

Poster Most Like A Girlie.  macdougallsperm  (xxx wuv u)

Nicest Person In The World.  Ray Ducker.        [:)]

Person I''ve Gone Off Most.  Cityangel.

Lifetime Achievement Award.  First/1st. Wizard for sheer tenacity in the face of great adversity. 

Best USA Contributer.  None.

Most Promising Poster.  Hogesar.

Favourite Moderator.  Anyone who doesn''t moderate the word bugger.

Most Missed Poster. Yellow Fever. (A true icon).

Least Missed Poster. Rudolf Hucker.

And that completes the scoring from the "realists" jury.  

i think i''m going to change my name to grab some attention and to be remermbered, any ideas?

[quote user="Cluck "]

Best Poster.   Me. Quality with sheer quantity is a rare commodity these days.

Runner-up.  Smudger because he is sensitive to the views of others and usually agrees with me.

Funniest.  Mello because underneath the humour is a very astute cookie indeed....but prone to dyslexia.

Most Intelligent.  Mystic Megson because she knows her stuff and was great in the Xmas pantomime.

Best Biter.  Evil Monkey as he cannot resist a wind up and is a spotty environmentalist nerd to boot.

Chief Sheep.  Nutty Nigel who runs the Neil Dongcaster appreciation Society and has a "thing" about Delia Smith.

Lesser Sheep. Chicken..Temp..Herb..7rew..sPat..a1canary (Christ I could go on and on here).

Best Thread Starter. Bly Bly.  Picks great topics to start fights with.

Poster Most Like A Girlie.  macdougallsperm  (xxx wuv u)

Nicest Person In The World.  Ray Ducker.        [:)]

Person I''ve Gone Off Most.  Cityangel.

Lifetime Achievement Award.  First/1st. Wizard for sheer tenacity in the face of great adversity. 

Best USA Contributer.  None.

Most Promising Poster.  Hogesar.

Favourite Moderator.  Anyone who doesn''t moderate the word bugger.

Most Missed Poster. Yellow Fever. (A true icon).

Least Missed Poster. Rudolf Hucker.

And that completes the scoring from the "realists" jury.  

Don''t forget about our dear friend Yanky, or is that on purpose?

[/quote]

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]i think i''m going to change my name to grab some attention and to be remermbered, any ideas?[/quote]

Neil Doncaster?[8-|]

Best all round contributors - mbncfc, blahblahblah, shack attack, evil monkey and herb (for the occasional hilarious retort).

Most informative posters in a footballing sense - nutty nigel, zlf.

Most innovative - hogesar.

Best thread starter - 1st Wizard (don''t always agree with him but he always provokes a response either way).

Most Alan Partridge-esque poster - Cluck ("Its because I''m a bloody bloke")

Most psychic poster - Smudger (for his ability to judge the performance of our team without having to watch them play) 

What an apalling excuse for a load of mutual backslapping which will cause yet more divisions on th.............what was that Mac''s Perm....me? Oh go on then, I''ll join in now I''ve got a mention!

Top Three :

Nutty Nigel - Tries to ensure that other posters back their statements up with some sort of fact. Probably deserves top spot purely for the sterling work in defending The Doc (although I''m still not convinced!)

Evil Monkey - Tend to agree with a lot (but not all) he posts.

Mello - One of the few posters who regularly causes me to laugh out loud. Doesn''t take himself too seriously (if at all seriously) which is a rariety in itself round here.

Honourable mentions :

Jas, Mac''s Perm, mbncfc, 7rew, sPat, a1canary, Hogesar

Bottom Three :

Smudger - Nothing personal, just find his ranting style and endless pessimism extremely tedious.

Yellow Fever - No explanation needed!

Anyone who uses the phrases "this once great/proud club" or "the legacy of the last fifty years". It''s phrases like these that used to make us all hate Wolves fans remember? You''ll be getting the "You''ve let us down again" banners out next!

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Saw the lovely Delia at Leicester on Saturday, she was a few seats behind me. Which reminds me! I''ve got a bone to pick with you Cluck!!

I remembered what you told me about the cameras always being there when Delia "sit''s with the fans" so I looked for them and missed the Leicester goal. Don''t know what our back four''s excuse was though!

As for this thread... you are all my favourites, well except for that scrawny chicken in the bowler hat! [;)]

Mello - funniest poster

Yankee - thought provoking poster

Wizard - gets everyone going poster

Cluck & Smudger - entertainment value posters, bless them.

Plus an award to everyone else who posts who makes this site so enjoyable [:)]

Thank You City Angel and Nutty Nigel. At least some posters appreciate everyone''s contribution!!!

i still need that new name to get myself noticed more!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Saw the lovely Delia at Leicester on Saturday, she was a few seats behind me. Which reminds me! I''ve got a bone to pick with you Cluck!!

I remembered what you told me about the cameras always being there when Delia "sit''s with the fans" so I looked for them and missed the Leicester goal. Don''t know what our back four''s excuse was though!

As for this thread... you are all my favourites, well except for that scrawny chicken in the bowler hat! [;)]

[/quote]

My brother had to take little Mikey (the Norwich mascot on Saturday) over to get Auntie Delia''s autograph...

He said that she was sickeningly nice Cluck... he wanted to have a go but had to keep his lip buttoned as all the kidies were around her!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

My brother had to take little Mikey (the Norwich mascot on Saturday) over to get Auntie Delia''s autograph...

He said that she was sickeningly nice Cluck... he wanted to have a go but had to keep his lip buttoned as all the kidies were around her!!!

[/quote]

WHAT!!!! SHE WAS NICE TO THE MASCOT!!!! THIS IS AS ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!!!! SACK THE BOARD NOW!!!!

By the way, your brother sounds almost as charming as you Smudger.

Sickeningly nice? What a terrible quality for a person to have!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Public celebrity "aura" Smudger...nothing more. I''ve had dealings with more than a few "celebrities" and part of their job is to switch on the charisma lights in an instant.  When they walk away it''s "**** off" etc.etc. under their breath. Put simply it''s just part of the job if they wish to remain popular.

Also when you "own" your surroundings...it brings with it a "superiority" ego whereby everyone in attendance is there at your behest. It doesn''t make her a bad person and is all part and parcel of the "charm offensive"....rather like sitting with her adoring "fans" because she''s "one of them".  Who then is going to shout "Delia out" too loudly?

By the way...do mascots at NCFC have to pay for the privilege?

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Public celebrity "aura" Smudger...nothing more. I''ve had dealings with more than a few "celebrities" and part of their job is to switch on the charisma lights in an instant.  When they walk away it''s "**** off" etc.etc. under their breath. Put simply it''s just part of the job if they wish to remain popular.

Also when you "own" your surroundings...it brings with it a "superiority" ego whereby everyone in attendance is there at your behest. It doesn''t make her a bad person and is all part and parcel of the "charm offensive"....rather like sitting with her adoring "fans" because she''s "one of them".  Who then is going to shout "Delia out" too loudly?

By the way...do mascots at NCFC have to pay for the privilege?

[/quote]

I really don''t know Cluck...

I don''t think so (but may stand corrected)...  Mikey has been our mascot at the Crisp Bowl for the last few seasons as he is a Norwich fan that lives in Leicestershire and probably one of the few local lads there that is eager to be our mascot at that particular game each season.

The Voice Of the Thorpe Area,

Yes that was me at Sheringham giving Delia some stick [:)]

I''m in the Thorpe area too, perhaps we should meet up for a half time drink one day?

CA

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i hate everyone! i want the victor meldrew award for being a grumpy bugger!

jas :)

[/quote]Somehow i think 1st Wiz, Smudger and Cluck might just pip you to that one [;)]