Sign in to follow this  
andy laz

leicester on a one way ticket to relegation

I  kind of feel sorry for them, what have they done to deserve worthy and doug normally a new manager is the cue for an upturn in fortunes not with this pair .Also good to see earnie back, when i heard the line ups before the game i was a little concerned but worthy has weaved his magic again OTBC

yea like Grant has made us unbeatable, for every result like today there is a colchester round the corner. Good luck to Worthy i say, especially now we got the result against them, hope they win all there remaining games.

There would be only one thing better than Worthington getting  Leicester relegated and that would be Mandaric sacking him after game 3 of his 5 in charge admitting he made a mistake.

This bloke took £600k out of our football club because he wouldn''t do the decent thing and resign last season let alone this and has been swanning around for the last 6 months off the back off this payoff for his failure.

I hope Worthington never gets a job in football again after a disatrous stint at Leicester !

Worthington out !!!

What''s the big problem with Worthington and his payoff ?

Whether we like it or not football is a business with many contractual dealings. The employee ( Worthington ) was offered a one year rolling contract by his employer ( NCFC ) and signed it. The employer terminated the contract so they had to pay compensation.

If we''re honest not many of us if offered a payoff would say, " Oh no, that''s alright you keep it. ". We''ve all got to support ourselves and our families. £600,000 is a lot of money to most people but in football terms it''s hardly top division........

If there''s anyone to blame it''s the NCFC Board for giving Worthington the contract in the first place but they were not to know it was all going to go pear-shaped so quickly.

Hindsight  is a wonderful thing......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Whether we like it or not football is a business with many contractual dealings. The employee ( Worthington ) was offered a one year rolling contract by his employer ( NCFC ) and signed it. The employer terminated the contract so they had to pay compensation.

If we''re honest not many of us if offered a payoff would say, " Oh no, that''s alright you keep it. ". We''ve all got to support ourselves and our families. £600,000 is a lot of money to most people but in football terms it''s hardly top division........

If there''s anyone to blame it''s the NCFC Board for giving Worthington the contract in the first place but they were not to know it was all going to go pear-shaped so quickly.

[/quote]That is £600.000 on top of all the money he had been previously paid.  How many of us could afford to take 6 months off courtesy of our previous employers.  I''m sorry but Worthy milked us for every penny he could get on the back of his promotion year.  If he had left a year earlier then we wouldn''t be saddled with some of the deadwood that Grant has to try and offload.

There is earning money and getting it under false pretences, and as far as I am concerned Worthy wasn''t managing our club in his last year, considering the money we were paying him.  They talk about players being greedy, but how many failed managers are there out there who are worth a few million. 

I wish I could be crap at my job and then get a golden handshake, guess I am in the wrong business.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Too many petty Norfolk Bumpkins who can''t admit that if they were in Worthy''s shoes then they would of done exactly the same thing.... that is the problem SMS

If people are looking for somebody to blame for Worthy''s pay off then they should look no futher than those in the boardroom who were responsible for giving him the contract in the first place and should of acted much, much sooner wehn it cam to giving him his marching orders!!!

Anyhow I would of said that Worthy was well worth whatever he was paid in the terms of Salary, bonuses and pay-off over the years.

Delia Smith - Celebrity Cook, knows nothing about football, lets sentimenental attatchments get in the way of sensible business decisions and wouldn''t know a good mananger if she fell over one.

Milan Manderic - Just what we need here, hardnosed businessman who understands football, is not afraid to back his judgement with hard cash, doesn''t suffer fools and will appoint the right people to get success for his club.

Nigel Worthington - Absolutely totally useless football manager, ruins players careers, doesn''t play youth, plays dour and defensive hoofball, just stands around with his arms folded and wouldn''t know a good player if he fell over one.

I have learnt all this from posters on this forum and yet the same Delia Smith finally sacked the failing Nigel Worthington. Then the same Milan Manderic appoints Worthington when he needs someone to "keep his dream alive".

How does this all fit together?

As for me, like I posted last year I don''t really understand where all the hatred comes from. I understand it even less now Worthington has been sacked from this club for six months. We had more good times than bad under Worthy and we still have Hux and Earnie as a legacy. Worthington came to the end of his time here and was only paid what he was owed. How many of you who criticised would have not taken what was rightfully yours?

Our club is now in the hands of Peter Grant, Worthingtons era is over. I hope he is succesfull at Leicester now that we have beaten them. It certainly looks like he has his work cut out on yesterdays performance.

thats where football is flawed compared to every other line of industry...

In normal work ur sacked for either 2 reasons.. 1, u do something wrong.. or 2.. your crap! if ur sacked from your job u dont get paid.. u do get paid if u leave off ur own accord though..

its the other way round in football... which again shows that those at the top of the game have little, if any, business sense... the FA and the premier league should ensure that football is run the same way as every other employer in Britain.

jas :)

Don''t be so gullible !, Worthington has apparantly turned down two jobs in the championship since he left us, citing some rubbish about wanting ''time with his''family''. Seems a bit of a co-incidence that when he does take a job it comes AFTER the tax year ends at April 1st.

Worthington has fleeced us good and proper and I go back to my original statement "I hope he never gets a job in football again"

p.s Leicester''s final 4 fixtures ...Birmingham,Preston,Barnsley,Wolves ... one side going for promotion,two for the playoffs and one relegation six pointer... get out of that little lot Worthy.

Worthington,Livermore Out !!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Don''t be so gullible !, Worthington has apparantly turned down two jobs in the championship since he left us, citing some rubbish about wanting ''time with his''family''. Seems a bit of a co-incidence that when he does take a job it comes AFTER the tax year ends at April 1st.

Worthington has fleeced us good and proper and I go back to my original statement "I hope he never gets a job in football again"

p.s Leicester''s final 4 fixtures ...Birmingham,Preston,Barnsley,Wolves ... one side going for promotion,two for the playoffs and one relegation six pointer... get out of that little lot Worthy.

Worthington,Livermore Out !!!

[/quote]

pathetic post, good luck to Worthy, if Grant has the same success i will be happy, cant see it though.

GJL Mid Norfolk Canary - and you would have turned down 600,000 would you - can you imagine going home to the missus and saying ''I''m gonna resign and not only find myself out of a job but will willingly put myself 600,000 out of pocket as well'' - yeah right.  Who in their right mind would do this.  At the end of the day the board had him on a contract and you cannot fault the man for being willing to see that contract through with all the disloyalty in football at this present time.  After all he was only one of a very few managers that brought us silver ware to the club as well as taking us to a play off final.  Not bad in my opinion.

All this proves is that nigel worthington is not a complete idiot, who here would turn down Â£600,000 if thier employer was legally obliged to pay it? If anyone should take the blame for the pay out it should be the board they draw up and aprove the contracts.

Worthington screwed up his last 2 years he did not intentionally mess things up why would he sabotage his own career? he tried his best but ultimatly failed. I find it quite sad that there are people who are so bitter and full of resentment they cannot accept these simple facts and look to the future.

[quote user="NavMan"]GJL Mid Norfolk Canary - and you would have turned down 600,000 would you - can you imagine going home to the missus and saying ''I''m gonna resign and not only find myself out of a job but will willingly put myself 600,000 out of pocket as well'' - yeah right.  Who in their right mind would do this.  At the end of the day the board had him on a contract and you cannot fault the man for being willing to see that contract through with all the disloyalty in football at this present time.  After all he was only one of a very few managers that brought us silver ware to the club as well as taking us to a play off final.  Not bad in my opinion.[/quote]

Spot on Nav Man.  A voice of common sense in a sea of b*ll*cks.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="NavMan"]GJL Mid Norfolk Canary - and you would have turned down 600,000 would you - can you imagine going home to the missus and saying ''I''m gonna resign and not only find myself out of a job but will willingly put myself 600,000 out of pocket as well'' - yeah right.  Who in their right mind would do this.  At the end of the day the board had him on a contract and you cannot fault the man for being willing to see that contract through with all the disloyalty in football at this present time.  After all he was only one of a very few managers that brought us silver ware to the club as well as taking us to a play off final.  Not bad in my opinion.[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you mean a sea of Balearics, Dinky?......[8-|]

You can be the Anchor.......With a silent Dubya.....[:P]

If Leicester do go down (and I wouldn''t be sorry to see that - never like their fans visits), we''ll be able to say "I knew at the start of the season he''d take City down"!Amazing thing, clairvoyance.

NN - Good post, maybe it shows tha Mandaric knows nothing about footy and relies on advisors or maybe it shows that Worthy was the only manager brave enough to throw his hat in the ring, who knows, whatever the truth it looks as if he really does have his work cut out.

Amazing is it not, we are told all the time Grant needs time, Yet worthy is suppose to turn it around in two games, this forum amazes me at times.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Amazing is it not, we are told all the time Grant needs time, Yet worthy is suppose to turn it around in two games, this forum amazes me at times.[/quote]

Worthy''s been brought in to turn things round in five games, that''s why Mandaric sacked Rob Kelly and Worthy''s only been given a job until the end of the season.

Clearly Grant is going to be able to take a rather longer term view when it comes to his planning as Norwich are not in such a precarious position.

Quite simple really.

Preston and Barnsley away and Wolves at home. All teams with a lot to play for.

Can anyone see Leicester getting another point?

I think they are on the way to League 1

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

Did you mean a sea of Balearics, Dinky?......[8-|]

You can be the Anchor.......With a silent Dubya.....[:P]

[/quote]

That reminds me, I must pick my youngest son up from nursery....

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Amazing is it not, we are told all the time Grant needs time, Yet worthy is suppose to turn it around in two games, this forum amazes me at times.[/quote]

Worthy''s been brought in to turn things round in five games, that''s why Mandaric sacked Rob Kelly and Worthy''s only been given a job until the end of the season.

Clearly Grant is going to be able to take a rather longer term view when it comes to his planning as Norwich are not in such a precarious position.

Quite simple really.

[/quote]

Wrong actually mate, Worthy is there to keep the hotseat warm for someone else in the close season, Ince, maybe, where as Grant is a cheap option for our penny pinching board.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

that would mean that nigel worthington would have 2 relegations on his CV.... he might be wondering just why he took the job at the walkerbowl?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

that would mean that nigel worthington would have 2 relegations on his CV.... he might be wondering just why he took the job at the walkerbowl?

[/quote] Hardly think NW can be blamed for leicester''s demise, i know most of you want to blame him for everything, i mean getting us to the prem, thats outrageous. blimey thats on his CV too, terrible, oh i forgot a playoff final too, the man is a real loser.

Quote of the century!     Pure brilliance ricky!

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Hardly think NW can be blamed for leicester''s demise, i know most of you want to blame him for everything, i mean getting us to the prem, thats outrageous. blimey thats on his CV too, terrible, oh i forgot a playoff final too, the man is a real loser.[/quote]

people notice the bad over the good im afriad.. im not blaming leicesetrs demise on Worthy.. just questioning his logic of taking the role at this time.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Hardly think NW can be blamed for leicester''s demise, i know most of you want to blame him for everything, i mean getting us to the prem, thats outrageous. blimey thats on his CV too, terrible, oh i forgot a playoff final too, the man is a real loser.[/quote]

people notice the bad over the good im afriad.. im not blaming leicesetrs demise on Worthy.. just questioning his logic of taking the role at this time.

[/quote]

He probably thinks he can save them, we all like to think we are good at our job and what i hear he has nout to lose.