Sign in to follow this  
stroud canary

What will happen to Green, Ashton and francis?

Looks as though these guys will be in the championship next year unless they move on.

Green - Cant see him leaving..or anyone buying him for that matter!

Francis - must be resigned to being a good championship player now. Again cant see anyone coming in for him and he is in London again so might be more reluctant to move.

Ashton - Probably move on, could be alot interested but depends on fitness.

Poor old West Ham he has had less time on the pitch for them than he did for us.

Shame! That will learn them!Ha!

[quote user="Gloucester canary"]

Looks as though these guys will be in the championship next year unless they move on.

Francis - must be resigned to being a good championship player now. Again cant see anyone coming in for him and he is in London again so might be more reluctant to move.

Poor old West Ham he has had less time on the pitch for them than he did for us.

[/quote]

Deano will definitely move on, so did Damo because he did not like Championship football, but Green, can''t see any club want to buy a goalkeeper who help tp his clubs relegated twice in 3 years!!!

[quote user="Gloucester canary"]

[/quote]

Green will leave the Hammered, but only if another promoted club come in for him I think - if not then expect to see him at Carrow Road next season.

Francis I think still has a massive attitude problem, so he will definitely be back at Carrow Road for Watford next season - and I can''t wait to give him some stick [:@].

Ashton I think will definitely go, irrespective of his injury - I''ve always thought that Newcastle would be a good move for him. Could you imagine that - a strike force of Ashton, Owen and Martins......

greens amazing! ive watched him countless times this season hes been excellent. ok so hes dropped a couple but that dont make him worse than that overweight lard boy robinson.

Think it''s a shame for Green he was a good servant for Norwich, he should really get a chance for England but that will not happen while he is playing in the championship. He will NOT return to Norwich, I think. He would have stayed, had we stayed up.......

Cashton will move on, IF anyone wants him. Expect him to play really well for hammers for 1st part of season so that he can transfer January! Like he did for us......

Francis...... getting stick when playing for Watford @ Carrow RD next season... ME TOO !!!!!!!!! That''s if no one in premiership wants him........

cant believe anyone is saying "franics will get stick and no one is saying Ashton is...

Damien Francis never once said he wanted to leave Norwich... Dean Ashton made it clear he''d be off...yet Francis gets tarnished.. and i dont believe its got anything to do with is performances... Scored in the January vs WBA, set up hucks vs Southampton away, set up Mckenzie vs Palace away, people criticise him for his no show at fulham.. but if Francis had played well would we of stayed up? no! because the other players were a disgrace that day!

the only reason people slag Franics off is because of some petty rumours from 2 years ago and a very big bandwagon!i wotn give him stick.. i will give him a good reception.. he was one of the reasons we got to the premiership in the first place!

jas :)

same here jas.
i was at his last game at carrow road which was a friendly at home to internazionale and was digusted at the lack of support shown to him.
damo never got a chant from the fans even though his goals kept us in the running in our prem season, if it wasnt for him i dont know how many points we would have eneded up with, i dread to think.
in his last game he was roundly booed by all sides, i was especially disapointed in the barclay and snake pit as i thought at least they would try and chant for him but no.
as you can probably tell im still annoyed about the whole incident as at the time i thought his future was still in the balance and maybe we could have won him over. maybe i am wrong, we shall never know.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

cant believe anyone is saying "franics will get stick and no one is saying Ashton is...

Damien Francis never once said he wanted to leave Norwich... Dean Ashton made it clear he''d be off...yet Francis gets tarnished.. and i dont believe its got anything to do with is performances... Scored in the January vs WBA, set up hucks vs Southampton away, set up Mckenzie vs Palace away, people criticise him for his no show at fulham.. but if Francis had played well would we of stayed up? no! because the other players were a disgrace that day!

the only reason people slag Franics off is because of some petty rumours from 2 years ago and a very big bandwagon!i wotn give him stick.. i will give him a good reception.. he was one of the reasons we got to the premiership in the first place!

[/quote]

Can''t believe the attitudes of all of the posters so far on this thread JAS.

Deano, Greeno and Francis were 3 top quality players whose apsirations City could not match....  Once again people if you are looking for somebody to blame for why  these 3 turned their back on the club (Green would of done anything but continue to sacrafice his international career any longer and was a fantastic servant to the club) then look no futher than the fools in the boardroom that run NCFC.

If you were any of these 3 players then would you of stuck around on the sinking ship Carrow Road???

The Norfolk.... little Norwich mentality strikes yet again!!!!  [:@]

[/quote]

Francis wanted to leave since January in the Prem campaign, it was clear to see then and clear to see throughout the summer after when he refused to commit his future to the club. Most of the people I know view it this way.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Francis wanted to leave since January in the Prem campaign, it was clear to see then and clear to see throughout the summer after when he refused to commit his future to the club. Most of the people I know view it this way.

[/quote]

What utter clap trap...  Didn''t Damien score a few goals for us after January that year then???

Quite right.  After the final whistle at Fulham, the players came towards the away end, most were shell shocked or in tears.....but not Francis.  He was smiling away having a laugh and joke with one of the Fulham players.

And you wonder why I didn''t cheer him in a summer friendly.......after he had stated he wanted to leave.

[quote user="nobbyg"]

Quite right.  After the final whistle at Fulham, the players came towards the away end, most were shell shocked or in tears.....but not Francis.  He was smiling away having a laugh and joke with one of the Fulham players.

And you wonder why I didn''t cheer him in a summer friendly.......after he had stated he wanted to leave.

[/quote]

no he didnt.. his agent said he wanted to leave... Bear in  mind Darren Huckerbys agent said he wouldnt sign for Norwich as well....

Agents know nothing.

[quote user="nolegs"]Who cares?[/quote]

I agree, but have previously been slated on here for saying so, although I am very concerned for Alan Taylor, his shop does not seem so busy nowadays, can we all go and buy some sweeties to keep him in business!

[quote user="percyvarco"]

........... although I am very concerned for Alan Taylor, his shop does not seem so busy nowadays, can we all go and buy some sweeties to keep him in business!

[/quote]

Quite how this ended up on the '' What will happen to Green, Ashton and friends ? '' thread I don''t know ............

If business is bad for Alan Taylor then the answer is staring us in the face.......... all the news is on the internet !! Strange as it may seem newsagents don''t make a living selling newspapers - it''s from all the other stuff we buy while we''re in the shop.  It was only a few years back that those good people in Archant Towers seriously thought about closing the '' Pink-Un '' publication due to falling sales. Somehow it survived.

I know several people who no longer buy the paper version of the '' Pink-Un '' so I don''t suppose it''ll be too long before the only place we''ll be able to read a future hard copy will be in a museum somewhere.......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="percyvarco"]

........... although I am very concerned for Alan Taylor, his shop does not seem so busy nowadays, can we all go and buy some sweeties to keep him in business!

[/quote]

Quite how this ended up on the '' What will happen to Green, Ashton and friends ? '' thread I don''t know ............

If business is bad for Alan Taylor then the answer is staring us in the face.......... all the news is on the internet !! Strange as it may seem newsagents don''t make a living selling newspapers - it''s from all the other stuff we buy while we''re in the shop.  It was only a few years back that those good people in Archant Towers seriously thought about closing the '' Pink-Un '' publication due to falling sales. Somehow it survived.

I know several people who no longer buy the paper version of the '' Pink-Un '' so I don''t suppose it''ll be too long before the only place we''ll be able to read a future hard copy will be in a museum somewhere.......

[/quote]Its meant to be sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure Mr Taylors shop is doing fine, I really don''t know but I am trying to point out that there does seam to be a concern for ex players and I really don''t know why or care why, apart from Greeno they left to feather their nests after using the club. 

[quote user="percyvarco"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="percyvarco"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Its meant to be sarcastic!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure Mr Taylors shop is doing fine, I really don''t know but I am trying to point out that there does seam to be a concern for ex players and I really don''t know why or care why, apart from Greeno they left to feather their nests after using the club. [/quote]

You thought I didn''t realise ? Thanks anyway as your post opened things up nicely for my little dig at all this internet paraphernalia we have to live with now......

I do agree regarding concerns for ex-players. They almost all use City as a stepping stone '' onwards and upwards '' so if it all goes a little pear-shaped now and again, who cares ?

[quote user="dickyst220"]

Think it''s a shame for Green he was a good servant for Norwich, he should really get a chance for England but that will not happen while he is playing in the championship. He will NOT return to Norwich, I think. He would have stayed, had we stayed up.......

Cashton will move on, IF anyone wants him. Expect him to play really well for hammers for 1st part of season so that he can transfer January! Like he did for us......

Francis...... getting stick when playing for Watford @ Carrow RD next season... ME TOO !!!!!!!!! That''s if no one in premiership wants him........

[/quote]

Cashton? are you guys bitter about his transfer? you couldnt really of expected him to stay with you after West Ham came knocking, you also made a profit on him in just 12months. He moved on to better things to fulfill his ability in the premierhship, you cant begrudge him that.

who is Alan Taylor?? is he a former player who went into retail??? former England and Chelsea player Barry Bridges did the same up west Earlham.. he was good friends with my Grandfather...

who is Alan Taylor?? is he a former player who went into retail??? former England and Chelsea player Barry Bridges did the same up west Earlham.. he was good friends with my Grandfather...

[/quote]

Here you go JAS...

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/taylor.htm

Remember him scoring as a 34yr old that looked like he was ready for a wheelchair for us at QPR in about 1988.

Had a pretty good goal ratio in his time at Burnley.

Apparently a newsagent and a milkman now.

[quote user="foxile"][quote user="dickyst220"]

[/quote]

Cashton? are you guys bitter about his transfer? you couldnt really of expected him to stay with you after West Ham came knocking, you also made a profit on him in just 12months. He moved on to better things to fulfill his ability in the premierhship, you cant begrudge him that.

[/quote]

oh you would be amazed at the sheer number of people that do FOXILE... even worse most of them begrudge Robert Green the chance to play consistently at the level that he deserves too...  Greeno was a very loyal servant to the club and could of moved away from Carrow Road far quicker than he did in the end if he had really been the selfish individual that some on here would have you believe.

Yet again plenty iof evidence to see why people like myself and Cluck clash with most of the yokels!!!

why is everybody hating on Rob Green? he could have moved on long before he did but he stayed to try and help the club to progress with his ambitions, IMO Greeno was a great servant to the club i''d definatly give him a good reception when he eventually does return to Carrow Road

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Deano, Greeno and Francis were 3 top quality players whose apsirations City could not match....  Once again people if you are looking for somebody to blame for why  these 3 turned their back on the club (Green would of done anything but continue to sacrafice his international career any longer and was a fantastic servant to the club) then look no futher than the fools in the boardroom that run NCFC.

If you were any of these 3 players then would you of stuck around on the sinking ship Carrow Road???

[/quote]

i love smudger

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What utter clap trap...  Didn''t Damien score a few goals for us after January that year then???

[/quote]

just 1.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmm. ''Top quality players'' eh Smudger? Is that why the clubs they play for are staring relegation in the face??

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmm. ''Top quality players'' eh Smudger? Is that why the clubs they play for are staring relegation in the face??

[/quote]

and they would all spank us 3 or 4-0 if they played us tomorrow wouldn''t they???

[quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i love smudger

[/quote]

Thank''s Robert...

Now get that cheque that you promised me in the post please!!!  [;)]

[/quote]

Alan Taylor played for City in the late 70''s / early 80''s. After retirement, and a stint as a milkman, he now runs '' Taylor News '' on the corner of Dereham Rd / Gladstone St in Norwich.

Enjoys a bit of football banter but is probably a little weary of all the '' two goal hero '' tales when asked to recall scoring a brace in the 1975 FA Cup Final for West Ham against his old team mate Fulham''s Bobby Moore ..................