Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Anyone Miss Brown?

All this is so wrong yet so typical of what happens on this board. Chris Brown hasn''t had a proper chance yet so we are all flying a kite to in predicting what the future holds for him at this club. Do we back the managers judgement in spending £325,000 of a limited transfer budget on this guy or do we write him off in the way some posters are doing here. Wiz - How can you possibly already say he will go down as Grants worst signing ever?

I have no idea whether Brown will prove to be a good signing or not and I have seen just about every game he has played. What I have seen is a player who gives 100% and looks as though he wants to be here. I may be wrong but I believe supporters should welcome new players to the club and give them a fair chance. But if he lets the club down or doesn''t perform then criticism on here would be fair.

I''m afraid it''s scapegoat time again. People are waking up to the fact that Etuhu is not the waste of space they said he was so turn their attentions to someone else.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

All this is so wrong yet so typical of what happens on this board. Chris Brown hasn''t had a proper chance yet so we are all flying a kite to in predicting what the future holds for him at this club. Do we back the managers judgement in spending £325,000 of a limited transfer budget on this guy or do we write him off in the way some posters are doing here. Wiz - How can you possibly already say he will go down as Grants worst signing ever?

I have no idea whether Brown will prove to be a good signing or not and I have seen just about every game he has played. What I have seen is a player who gives 100% and looks as though he wants to be here. I may be wrong but I believe supporters should welcome new players to the club and give them a fair chance. But if he lets the club down or doesn''t perform then criticism on here would be fair.

I''m afraid it''s scapegoat time again. People are waking up to the fact that Etuhu is not the waste of space they said he was so turn their attentions to someone else.

[/quote]

It''s no good feeling sorry for the fat bird with a big nose in a beauty contest....so on that basis Brown deserves no sympathy.  He shouldn''t be here and has cost us dear in valuable transfer funds.....so why feel sorry for someone here on false pretences? 

Get rid....and let''s just hope Shrek is a bit more careful with club money in future.

I think one important point to remember is that when he was bought for £325,000 it was potentially NOT a big chunk of the transfer budget.  I believe he was snapped up as a short-term ifx for the imminent departure of Earnshaw, which never happened due to his injury.

You say he should only be criticised if he does not perform...his position is...someone tell me again....oh yeah he is a striker...who should score...GOALS!

[/quote]

People are waking up to the fact that Etuhu is not the waste of space they said he was so turn their attentions to someone else.

[/quote]

Pardon...  In my eyes Etuhu has it all to prove.  He was useless for half this season, playing a few good games at at the start and end of a season isnt much use for us.  And to be fair I haven''t seen 10 decent performances from him at carrow road this season.   If Etuhu is useless for half the season next year,  we will be exactly where we are now in a years time.  Which unfortunatly is what everything he has shown both here and at Preston would lead you to think.

Hopefully he will prove everybody wrong next term.

JC - So are you saying that he is no good and we shouldn''t give him a chance?

CJF - check out the MOM thread on here. Only Huckerby and Shackell have more than Etuhu.

Wiz - How can you possibly already say he will go down as Grants worst signing ever?

What I have seen is a player who gives 100% and looks as though he wants to be here. I may be wrong but I believe supporters should welcome new players to the club and give them a fair chance.  

[/quote]

Nutty Nigel:

I say it because I believe, long term, I''m right, and lets be open and honest here NN, he''s never set anything alight anywhere he''s been, has he?. He''s a striker who can''t strike.

The Sunderland fans and Keano knew this, and their fans warned us enough times didn''t they?

And further, if  Granty picked me I''d give 100% and I too would love to be here............but I''d be useless as well!.

Maybe I haven''t been that fair to the bloke, I''ll admit to that, but because of his previous reputation at his former club I didn''t want him within 100 miles of our ''nice family image'' club in the first place.

But thats just my personal feelings coming to the fore I''m afraid.

You could be right Wiz.

As I said in my post I have no idea if he will turn out to be a good signing or not. But, I honestly believe in giving people a chance and reserving judgement until such a time that I can make my own mind up.

I certainly don''t pay much regard to what other clubs fans have to say. I heard plenty about what Preston fans supposedly had to say about Etuhu and I''m glad I waited to make my own mind up.

If Granty picked me I''d give 100% too mate. He''d probably pick you in front of me though! [;)]

Your personal feelings do you credit Wiz. There''s plenty on here who will give you stick for being so protective of our ''nice family club image''! You stick to your guns mate!!

CJF - check out the MOM thread on here. Only Huckerby and Shackell have more than Etuhu.

[/quote]

Its fortunate there is no Worst player on the pitch award, because Etuhu would have racked up a fair few of them this season.  And if there was a laziest player on the pitch award he would have racked up a fair few of them this season - as a central midfielder that is unacceptable.  Anyway as I have said the table doesn''t lie so some of our playeres patently arent up to the job, for much of this season Etuhu was one of them.

But he is playing well at the moment so good on him, but if he is crap for half a season next year like he did this year and has done every other season in his career then we are going nowhere.  Unfortunatly I cannot see anything other than this happening next season, barring some excellent purchases.

I certainly don''t pay much regard to what other clubs fans have to say. I heard plenty about what Preston fans supposedly had to say about Etuhu and I''m glad I waited to make my own mind up.

[/quote]

lol first it was comments on Preston websites - so it isnt ''Supposedly'' like you claim.

second, they said he was inconsistent - well has he been this season?  Yes.  Is he inconsistent?  Yes - one game he is a decent player at this level, the next he doesnt even look like a footballer, the next he just ambles around.

Hopefully he has kicked these habits, although thats what everybody thought after his run of good games in september...  Time will tell next season I guess.  Lets hope we arent having the same discussions yet again next year about him cos that means it is too late.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Its fortunate there is no Worst player on the pitch award, because Etuhu would have racked up a fair few of them this season.  And if there was a laziest player on the pitch award he would have racked up a fair few of them this season - as a central midfielder that is unacceptable.  Anyway as I have said the table doesn''t lie so some of our playeres patently arent up to the job, for much of this season Etuhu was one of them.

But he is playing well at the moment so good on him, but if he is crap for half a season next year like he did this year and has done every other season in his career then we are going nowhere.  Unfortunatly I cannot see anything other than this happening next season, barring some excellent purchases.

[/quote]

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/925893/ShowPost.aspx

Check this out! More MOM''s than even Saf!

The guy has played more games for us than anyone this season. He never cries off and has often played through painful injuries and against a background of abuse from some fickle fans.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/926305/ShowPost.aspx

Then check this out!

This impresses me more than your continual rants and rubbish posted on other clubs messageboards.

The guy has played more games for us than anyone this season. He never cries off and has often played through painful injuries and against a background of abuse from some fickle fans.

Then check this out!

This impresses me more than your continual rants and rubbish posted on other clubs messageboards.

[/quote]

I beleive what I see with my own eyes, and for much of this season I saw an ambler in midfield.  But as I said, good on him he is playing well of late, lets hope he keeps it up as he has the talent to be a top player.  [:D]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Then check this out!

[/quote]

I beleive what I see with my own eyes, and for much of this season I saw an ambler in midfield.  But as I said, good on him he is playing well of late, lets hope he keeps it up as he has the talent to be a top player.  [:D]

[/quote]

I respect that opinion CJF even though in my eyes, although I agree he has been inconsistent, he has still been are best midfielder over the season.

"Totally agree, he is utter c**p.... offload him in the summer (if we can get any kind of fee for him whatsoever)"

Yer i agree, from what i have seen he has been extremely poor. I was quite excited at the prospect of him joining, a target man looking to prove himself. But what hes proved is that he doesn''t belong in this league. Hes not strong enough and doesn''t have the ability to finish.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Then check this out!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I respect that opinion CJF even though in my eyes, although I agree he has been inconsistent, he has still been are best midfielder over the season.

[/quote]

I agree Nutty... all our midfield has not been up to scratch... but Dickson has been the best of a bad bunch by a considerable way!!!