Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Out of Contact Players this summer: Who could we sign?

Neil Alexander: 29 year old keeper, 1st choice at Cardiff and Scottish!!!

Billy Jones: Highly rated versatile Crewe Defender, 20 years old

J Lloyd Samuel: 26 year old Left Back at Aston Villa

Mark Delaney: Welsh international right back, plenty of prem Experience, age 30.

Toni Capaldi: Plymouth''s 25 year old Northern Irish internation laeft back.

Markus Heikennen: Luton''s Finnish Centere Half, 28.

Stephen Mcmanus: 24 year old Scotland international centre half, currently at celtic

Neil Lennon: Experieneced Centre Midfielder, 35

Patrick Berger: Aston Villa''s 33 year old Czech Midfielder, set to stay at villa?

Lee Hendrie: 29, what a signing!!!

Craig Dargo: 8 SPL goals this season for inverness, 28

John Sutton: St Mirren Striker, 23 years old, 10 SPL goals this season, from Norwich

Sveteslov Todorov: Pompey Striker, 28, greta championship record a few years back.

*Please Note, i don;t think all these would be good signings, just pointing out players who are out of contact who may or may not be within our reach.

despite Jones being out of contract i think we have to pay some money due to his age but i doubt it will be too much.

Most of the players you mentioned are good players and are realistic signings

we were linked to Capaldi in january. really hoping he doesnt come though. i hate all plymouth players

would love to see lee hendrie and patrick berger here but i dont htink we could afford there wages would be brilliant tho, hendrie was awesome on loan at stoke this season also Billy Jones would be a gr8 signing

Capaldi would be a good signing i think.. as woud David Norris.

would like to see Billy Jones but i think a bigger Fish will snap him up.

jas :)

I''d like to see us go for Delaney to add a bit of experience to the back four, or failing that anyone to boost numbers in defence as we are thinnest on the ground there.

Billy Jones would be an exciting prospect, but I agree with Jas I think he will go onto bigger and better things and go to a team in the bottom half of the premiership somewhere.

How about Peter Grant''s Tartan Army for manager???

All great shouts there... if they are all available on a frre transfer then I wouldn''t grumble if we signed any of them...

Maybe with the exception of Capaldi (probably no better than we already have) and Neil Lennon (too old).

Billy Jones, Delaney, Heikennen, McManus, Hendrie, Lloyd Samuel and Berger would all be fantastic signings... and Neil Alexander would be a very useful addition to the squad.

Maybe then splash a bit of cash by bringing in Luke Varney and then we could have a real tilt at a promotion shot!!!

Lee Frecklington from Lincoln City.........Young midfielder, good prospect, has an eye for the onion bag - and won''t cost the Earth........yet.[Y]

How about Chris Iwelumo from Col U? He''s had a good season, I hear he''s out of contract and he''d be a good partner for either Earnie or Martin...

i like the sounds of jones and samuel, theyd be my top targets. strengthen the defence, jones can play midfield or defence and samuel would be a positive rep[lacement for drury

Thank You Smudger, it seems my name change has got me noticed! Please Not Iwelumo, i''ve never been that impressed although i know he''s scoring goals, to be honest i don''t think Sutton or Dargo would be great.

Frecklington is the sort of player we need to be looking at if he has talent, Varney is another good shout, as is Norris.

As we are talking about players in contract as well, maybe Darel Russell, Akoz Buzacky, Peter Halmosi and Jamie Cureton.

Good shout for Buzacky, just the sort of creative player we are lacking in the middle.

Billy Jones would be worth a pop, I honestly think we could tempt him.  He would probably be a first team regular here, not many ''bigger fish'' could guarantee that, plus he might look at Ashton as an inspiration for the future.

Alexander could be a good player for us but I still have my heart set on Marshall.

One question though, plenty of people have put forward names of promising players from the lower leagues, can we really gamble on them if we are going to have a serious push for promotion next year?

Steven Maclean of Sheffield Wednesday is out of contract.

11 Goals in 19 chmpionship starts this seasoon, plus numerous sub appearances.

Not amazing thats for sure but a decent enough record in an average team, and more goals than Brown, Thorne or Jarvis would have scored in the same amount of games.

Also out of contact this summer:

Deon Burton: 12 Goals this season, not good enough

Michael Stewart: Hibs midfielder, surplus to requirements, ex man utd and 3 SCOTLAND! caps.

Chris Killen: Hibs striker, ex oldham, 13 spl goals despite being out since January. age 25.

Brian Kerr: 25 year old highly rated motherwell centre midfielder.

[quote user="Peter Grants Tartan Army"]

Steven Maclean of Sheffield Wednesday is out of contract.

11 Goals in 19 chmpionship starts this seasoon, plus numerous sub appearances.

Not amazing thats for sure but a decent enough record in an average team, and more goals than Brown, Thorne or Jarvis would have scored in the same amount of games.

[/quote]

Weren''t we after him years and years ago? I remember being gutted at the time that we didn''t get him because he had a great record in front of goal

Out of these potential frees i think Neil Alexander, Bill Jones, Markus Heikennen and mayb Todorov would be most likely to want to join us. We have already been rumoured to be sniffing around Neil Alexander, hes a good keeper. If we do get him it will mean the end for Gallagher i pressume. Markus Heikennen would be a good replacement for Doherty who has been below par this season. Billy Jones would be a good squad player, can play in many positions and do well there, including our troubled right back spot. Todorov would be a long shot but might be able to bring some goals over than Earnie, Hucks and Martin and might want to come back to the league hes been succesfull.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]How about Chris Iwelumo from Col U? He''s had a good season, I hear he''s out of contract and he''d be a good partner for either Earnie or Martin...[/quote]

We had a good chance to sign him because...he''s Scottish!!! ;-)

Danny Nardiello

24 year old ex man utd striker who has 6 goals in his last 4 games for Barnsley.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]How about Chris Iwelumo from Col U? He''s had a good season, I hear he''s out of contract and he''d be a good partner for either Earnie or Martin...[/quote]

Why would he want to leave a playoff challenging side to come here?

Craig Dargo might be worth a gamble.

I wouldn''t have thought he''d demand too much in wages.

I''m amazed nobody has mentioned Kris Commons. He used to be a big favourite on here.

He''s out of contract and scoring goals at the moment. Much better option that Lappin.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]I''m amazed nobody has mentioned Kris Commons. He used to be a big favourite on here. He''s out of contract and scoring goals at the moment. Much better option that Lappin.[/quote]

Good shout for Commons, I had forgotten about him.  Possibly a good long term option to eventually replace Huckerby.

Seen J Lloyd Samuel mentioned, not a cats chance in hell of him coming here..........What about Garry Kelly from Leeds, right back, good leader, experienced, probably wont want to play in the championship.

If he is out of contact then definately. We need a goalscoring creative midfielder like him to go with Etuhu next season when safri departs.

Norwegian international Daniel Braaten frome Rosenborg is oute of contract January the 1st.

Sell Earny and take the money for stregning the midfild and difense, and sign Braaten (same caind of player as Earny) he is in my opinion a bether player then Earny, dont score so meny gools but is bether to pass the bal:)

If he will sign for Norwich? I dont know:)

[quote user="spud nud"]

WE WANT ENGLISH NOT SCOTTISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

WRONG, we want talent, skill, desire, passion, ability etc etc.....WE DON''T CARE WHERE IT COMES FROM

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Lee Frecklington from Lincoln City.........Young midfielder, good prospect, has an eye for the onion bag - and won''t cost the Earth........yet.[Y]

Lee Frecklington eh - well spotted!

[/quote]