Sign in to follow this  
Canarygirl

I am now exiled in West Yorkshire anyone else?

Hi I just wanted to say I am big canary fan and I have just moved to West Yorkshire are there any other supporters up here? I hope to get to quite a few away games! Bring on Leicester tomorrow we can defeat Worthy!

i live in north yorkshire near york, i know its not west yorkshire but your the first person i have found on here who leaves up this area. it looks as though some yorkshire and nearby teams are comin up this year and hopefully sheff united are coming down too.  

Hi nice to hear from you! I am actually based in Leeds which is only 20 mins from York do you go to away games regularly? My boyfriend and I are hoping to get to a few!

Have you thought of joining Northern Canaries ? They''re a great bunch and will know of City supporters living in Yorkshire..........

Contact : Steve Cooke on 07831 315144 or e-mail him at scooke@northerncanaries.com

You can always have a look at the website first : www.northerncanaries.com

Incidentally all the exiled supporters groups are listed in each Norwich City home match programme.

Good luck ............

Hi yes I have just joined the forum on northern canaries so hopefully I will be in touch with others very shortly! I will have a home programme sent up to me I think so I can see who else is up here! On the ball city!!

[quote user="canarygirl"]Hi nice to hear from you! I am actually based in Leeds which is only 20 mins from York do you go to away games regularly? My boyfriend and I are hoping to get to a few!
[/quote]

yeah nice to hear theres someone else up hear lol. yeah i try to get to as many as i can, i usually go with me dad but hopefully when i pass me driving test i''ll be able to go to a lot more as he works on saturdays. am going to burnley on tuesday and went to hull the other week. ive only been to barnsley, leeds, hull that are from round here and am going to sheff wed soon.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Hi nice to hear from you! I am actually based in Leeds which is only 20 mins from York do you go to away games regularly? My boyfriend and I are hoping to get to a few!
[/quote]

Unlucky you...

I lived in Leeds between 1997 and 2001.

I was also up there yesterday...  what a dump they have allowed the place to come over the last few years!!!

They seemed to spend a fair bit of money on the City when Leeds Utd were doing well...  now most of the City looks as desperate as the football club has become in recent years!!!

Hi....I also lived here previously and really like the whole Leeds/Yorkshire area personally. Anyway the whole point of this posting was to find fans up here I could meet up with at games to be honest! Anyway...on the ball city! Great result yesterday!

HiI am not sure yet we might go to the Sheffield game its been quite expensive moving up here so fingers crossed that we can go! Are you originally from Norwich then?  

Hey its good to hear from another fan up here! If any of you have msn feel free to add me sally@canarygirl.co.uk is my msn name....I currently have a few NCFC fans on msn messenger that I chat to so the more the merrier!  

I''m from Hull in East Yorkshire so just over an hour away - There was a bunch of 7 or 8 of us that used to meet up in the pub for every match during the premiership season and my girlfriend works with another one!

Everywhere you turn you can''t escape city fans up here!

Heh heh its good to know there are more of us up here! Are you going to the Sheffield game at the end of the season? I hope that perhaps some of us can meet up before games it would be a laugh!

Hiya Canarygirl, Yeah I`m a carra exile too. Live in Bingley (about 15 miles out) and work in the geneal infirmary in the centre of Leeds. Been up here for nearly 5 years. Try to get to as many games as possible (work commitments allowing) Def going to Sheff Wed along with a couple of other Norfolk exiles. Would be good to meet up with any other Leeds / Northern canaries before the game for a cheeky shandy or three!!  OTBC

Hi nice to meet you! It seems as if there are quite a few of us now! Hopefully we can get something organised! OTBC!!!

I live in North Leeds near the airport.

Had the same problem with work but have just changed jobs so looking to go to as many nearby games as possible next season.

Would be good if Shef Utd go down, leeds stay up & scunthorpe, forest or Oldham get promoted.

Loads of close matches to go and see!!

despite the fact i love watchin norwich and the atmosphere at elland road has been fantastic for the last two seasons, i really want leeds to go down, that''ll show those fans who still think they''re champions of europe simply cus they went to the semi final of the champions league that they''re full of cr*p nowadays.

[quote user="burn down the ipswich"]despite the fact i love watchin norwich and the atmosphere at elland road has been fantastic for the last two seasons, i really want leeds to go down, that''ll show those fans who still think they''re champions of europe simply cus they went to the semi final of the champions league that they''re full of cr*p nowadays.[/quote]      I disagree with this I really want Leeds to stay up I really enjoy watching Norwich play there and I want Leeds to beat Ipswich! Everyones a winner!

I''ve been living up here in Leeds for 35 years since I came to university but I''m Norwich born and bred. I''ve been to many away games in that time with a few highs and many lows, especially that defeat to Leeds on the last game of the season in ''95 which sent us out of the Premiership. I usually go if City are playing in the North and occasionally games in the Midlands. My son [21] and my daughter [18] have been brought up int he true faith and often accompany me. I also have two friends in Wakefield who I sometimes travel with depending on the location of the game. Sometimes I have space in my car, so if you''re stuck get in touch. We will be going to the Wednesday game and will probably meet up with some other exiles in a pub called the Horse and Jockey on Wadsley Lane.

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="burn down the ipswich"]despite the fact i love watchin norwich and the atmosphere at elland road has been fantastic for the last two seasons, i really want leeds to go down, that''ll show those fans who still think they''re champions of europe simply cus they went to the semi final of the champions league that they''re full of cr*p nowadays.[/quote]     

I disagree with this I really want Leeds to stay up I really enjoy watching Norwich play there and I want Leeds to beat Ipswich! Everyones a winner!
[/quote]

Well yeah i spose but i mean either way we lose a local team. ah well theres still a local game watever.

Hi...so who is going to the Sheffield away game where are you all meeting up and any fans living in the North going? My partner son and I will be going just wondering where you are all going to be and I hope your journey is good!