Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Weird odds at William Hill

These are the odds posted today by William Hill for the first Norwich goalscorer against Colchester on Saturday. Apparently they know something that we don''t.

Chris Martin          8.0/1

Darren Huckerby   8.5/1

Peter Thorne         8.5/1

Dion Dublin           9.0/1 

Also, curiously

Gary Doherty         34/1

Jason Shackell        51/1

By the way, the odds against for the first 4 ranked Colchester players are shorter than for all of our players Cureton, Iwelumo, Garcia & Guy [between 6/1 and 7.5/1]

So, Peter don''t worry if Hucks is injured at half time and it''s 0-0, just put on Thorne as he''s just as likely to get the first goal.

Or maybe I just don''t understand betting![U]

OTBC

wot are the odds of earnshaw still being topscorer at the end of the season? i had a look the other day but cudnt find anything, i rekon that mite still be worth a go

So whats strange about it BBB?

The home strikers are nearly always shorter odds than the away team. The only time its different is when a big team or a team high in the table is playing at a little team or one low in the table.

Since we and Colchester are both about mid table I would expect our odds to be about what you have quoted..

Or are you suggesting some sort of Conspiracy Theory?

Thorne will have short odds because he is a striker that people will have heard of.

Some people will bet on a player without properly examining the situation (form etc). 

Thats why I try to give reasons for my picks on the free bet threads.