Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

This years play off finals at Wembley.

Well, I looked over the last 15 years of final Division 1 (aka Second Division or Championship) final tables and on a few occassions 71 points has been enough for a team to make the playoffs in sixth place.

It has to be said that more recently the points requirement is usually higher, and of course 75 is the usual benchmark.

(please note there is no expression of my opinion in the above part of my post...)

I think it is great that the playoffs will be back at Wembley though.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Well, I looked over the last 15 years of final Division 1 (aka Second Division or Championship) final tables and on a few occassions 71 points has been enough for a team to make the playoffs in sixth place.

It has to be said that more recently the points requirement is usually higher, and of course 75 is the usual benchmark.

(please note there is no expression of my opinion in the above part of my post...)

[/quote]

Is great that Wembley is going to be used, it gives supporters of ''lesser'' sides a chance to go to the country''s main stadium, and is also much easier to get to than Cardiff for 95% of the population. 

Living in the London area, me and some mates are going to try to get to one of the finals - not too bothered who it is who''s playing, we just want to go to the new Wembley!

PS Rather sad that you felt the need for the ''disclaimer'' re: our play off chances - I wonder why!?!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

Is great that Wembley is going to be used, it gives supporters of ''lesser'' sides a chance to go to the country''s main stadium, and is also much easier to get to than Cardiff for 95% of the population. 

Living in the London area, me and some mates are going to try to get to one of the finals - not too bothered who it is who''s playing, we just want to go to the new Wembley!

PS Rather sad that you felt the need for the ''disclaimer'' re: our play off chances - I wonder why!?!

[/quote]

[:''(] Both for my own safety, and my previous experience of being a Norwich City fan [sites Colchester match as perfect example]