Sign in to follow this  
FilletTheFishWife .

Colchester Ratings

Warner   6

Hughes 4 - Shocking crossing, shooting and defending. I''m no Jurgen fan but he couldn''t have been worse today.

Doherty 6/Shackell 6 - Never got the better of Cureton and iwelumo

Lappin 6 - Shaky at times. Drury needn''t worry.

Safri 6 - Average.

Fotheringham 5 - More anonymous than Robinson.

Huckerby 5 - Worst game for Norwich for some time.

Croft 7 - Best player in the 1st half. Faded in the 2nd.

Martin 6 - the honeymoon is over

Dublin 5 - Ineffectual.

Grant 5 - Swapping Chadwick for Croft was never going to change the game. How bad does Hughes have to play before Spillane gets a go. Why not give Renton or Eagle some match action when the game is dead and gone rather than leave Huckerby and Martin on to get booked!

I''m surprised Dion played the whole 90 minutes up top.  Especially as Hucks was getting no joy and has been on top form up front reecntly, maybe he could have switched it??

Considering how poor and ''tired'' the team looked according to radio norfiolk  I''m surprised some of the yougsters werent given at least a few minutes of action considering how poor the first XI were playing?  Especially as the game was over as a contest?

I agree with your ratings FTFW. Hughes was awful today. Lappin looks a much better player in front of Drury, we always miss Drury when he is out. I thought the midfield looked weak today, I think we miss Etuhu more than fans want to believe. Hucks had a sulk on most the game and wound up their fans and their defence and was lucky to stay on the pitch when he swung an arm after being booked. Martin didn''t link with Dublin in the same way as he has done with Hucks, I thought Dublins selection strange to say the least. It''s difficult to see Dublin being here next season after today.

There was something wrong with that performance today. It was like the games before Worthington got sacked. Could it be because the players have been told who is staying and who is going in the summer? Because that certainly wasn''t a team performance and yet again the people who were let down badly were the travelling fans.

"WE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST FORCED A DRAW!" [:@]

"WHERE WAS THE DEFENCE WHEN THEY SCORED THE SECOND GOAL!" [:@]

"HOW COME WE COULDN''T CONTAIN CURETON AND CAPITULATED AFTER THE FIRST GOAL WENT IN?!" [:@]

Oops, sorry........I thought the subject was Colchester RANTINGS..........[:$]

Colchester fully deserved there win on the day our boys didnt turn up ,it was embarrasing to watch as my son is a col utd fan and was in the home terracing i got some stick on the way home .He said andy hughes was col utds best player i cant argue with him on that totally .We looked  short in midfield  fotheringham looked a liability on yesterdays performance  and  huckerby  missed drury  on the left flank as lappin was reluctant to support him in attacks .Having said that i saw colchester play coventry  2 weeks ago drawing o-o and they were ordinary which makes yesterdays no show even more concerning its time for change hughes is a poor defender and an even worse midfielder so he should be dropped and let one of the youngsters have a chance.I cant be bothered to go on anymore as it would take me all day and any way they were the better team on the day OTBC

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I''m surprised Dion played the whole 90 minutes up top.  Especially as Hucks was getting no joy and has been on top form up front reecntly, maybe he could have switched it??

Considering how poor and ''tired'' the team looked according to radio norfiolk  I''m surprised some of the yougsters werent given at least a few minutes of action considering how poor the first XI were playing?  Especially as the game was over as a contest?

[/quote]with hux and martin playing well, perhaps it would have been wiser to keep that partnership intact, play laps left back, and put eagle on the left wing instead.  with dicko out, the midfield was also exposed.  changing the personnel didn''t work and maybe the players lacked confidence and belief as a result.

i didnt see the game, but i think its unfair to be harsh on martin.  he hasnt had 10 professional starts yet, and as a youngster he will have bad games while he gains experience, and we cant expect him to play well in a poor team and carry it.rooney by most is considered the best young english talent in the last 10 years to come through, and how many poor games did he have for everton??  or even man utd for that matter?  give martin time, and i think the contract jibe was harsh, as i think it was probably just a poor off day.

Warner 6 - 
Hughes 3 - Shocking
Doherty 6 – Was lucky to get away without a booking for his constant fouls/man handling
Shackell 6 –
Lappin 6 -  Bit shaky at times, Drury needn’t worry about losing his position 
Safri 6.5 – Best of the bunch.
Fotheringham 5 – Poor
Huckerby 6 – 
Croft 6.5 – Did ok first half then faded quickly
Martin 5 – I’d sign the contract quickly.
Dublin 5.5 – Shouldnt have started the game and shouldn''t be expected to last for 90 mins

i am just wandering if you went to the birmingham home game and stoke as well? because although he did not play as bad as he did yesterday he still had two poor games (setting up hucks aside) and if i remember right these were after all the paper talk and did grant not say something about him being arrogant

my worry is that grant has siad that warner and docherty aside the team were awful! i had been saying that Docherty has been better in recent weeks from what i had seen but personaly he was on a par with Hughes for donkey of the match at Col u! he made Iwelumo and Cureton look class! they say u realise what you had when its gone and Malky is looking better and better every week for me!