Sign in to follow this  
Dom

Huckerby and Wigan

Paul Jewell has confirmed that he has put a bid in for a new ''unconfirmed'' player, and is waiting for the players club to respond.

Wonder who that will be.............!!

it won''t be hucks

Just to be just as bad as everyone else and spread a rumour!!!
Someone just posted this on WOTB:
"Well, contrary to what the papers said, he [Hucks] did not fly back after the game. Iwan and Craig Fleming arranged a surprise bash for him in the VIP lounge at Optic; the whole squad (virtually) were there.

Huckerby told me the following:
1. He WILL NOT join any other Div 1 club; if Norwich can not sign him, he will "rot" in Man City''s reserves just to annoy Keegan
2. He is prepared to play for NCFC for the same wages as the current top earner
3. Man City want 1.5 million cash for him, and we have offered 1 million over 3 years
4. He hates West Brom and would never play for them
5. He thinks Ryan Jarvis is awesome"

Someone else is also adamant that we offered a £1million over a period of a few years for him and they turned it down.

taken from ncfc-fans.co.uk/yoursay thread, press conference is to announce ...

It''s Hucks and has been for a while.He told you what you wanted to hear.Something all footballers are very adept at.

I have to say that everyone who is anyone to do with football knows that Huckerby is a crowed player and a crowed pleaser. An average gate of less than 10,000 fans is hardly tempting is it? Wigan managed just over 7,000 fans for their last match. They are a typical example of a Moneyman trying to make a big club out of a small club, and I am afraid to say it but it wont work. Even if they make it to the Premiership they will struggle, and what will happen when MR JJB leaves the chair? The club will tumble back down to Div 3 where they belong!

I dont think Huckerby would sign for them. And although West Brom are supposedly in for Horsefield, why would Wigan sell? He isnt doing badly is he? And they only just signed him. As for West Brom, they can sign who they like but they arnt going to get any better. They dont need a striker anyway, and if that is what Megson is after then he isnt as great a manager as they make him out to be. You''d think that they would be running away with it after the money they spent in the summer and the players they still have after relegation, but all that money has done little for them really. They are two points ahead of a team whos summer spending was pocket money to them at £200k!

Now tell me Nigel Worthington is useless!

I really don''t believe that Hucks would sign for Wigan as remember back a few weeks when Wigan had agreed a fee with Peterborough for Mckenzie only for the player to turn down the move due to personal terms..

If they could''nt agree terms with Mckenzie what hope will they have with Hucks?