Sign in to follow this  
Bish bash bosh

Grant and Hunter can't agree

I am a Norwich City member living in Colchester and yesterday sat behind the Norwich dugout where Grant was doing his usual shouting to the players and waving of arms.  However in the second half he was trying to get Huckerby wide right and Hunter approached Grant and put up 4 fingers, Grant put up 3 fingers and they argued about it between themselves and Hunter returned to his seat shaking his head, if they can''t get it right between them then no wonder we were so poor in the second half.  As for Hughes, a disgrace, crosses too long or high and a joke of a back pass, just pleased we have 50 points.

Hunter and Grant can''t agree? Good! I seem to remember that people thought both men were brought in to be "yes men"... Hunter for Worthy and Grant for Delia... the fact that there''s a bit of healthy debate goign on on the touchline just shows that this is true of neither.  Both had an opinion and both expressed it.Never had a different opinion to the person next to you on how to turn a game?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Hunter and Grant can''t agree? Good! I seem to remember that people thought both men were brought in to be "yes men"... Hunter for Worthy and Grant for Delia... the fact that there''s a bit of healthy debate goign on on the touchline just shows that this is true of neither.  Both had an opinion and both expressed it.

Never had a different opinion to the person next to you on how to turn a game?
[/quote]

Shall we try "confusion" instead?  They are a pair of numb nuts very much akin to the Chuckle Brothers...but minus the logic.  I doubt if they would be so bold in the company of Princess Delia...where we all know how meek and courteous they are.

They''ll take us down next year...you need have no doubts about that.

I was under the impression that Duffy is Grants no. 2 now? Is hunter seriously still here?

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Hunter and Grant can''t agree? Good! I seem to remember that people thought both men were brought in to be "yes men"... Hunter for Worthy and Grant for Delia... the fact that there''s a bit of healthy debate goign on on the touchline just shows that this is true of neither.  Both had an opinion and both expressed it.

[/quote]

Shall we try "confusion" instead?  They are a pair of numb nuts very much akin to the Chuckle Brothers...but minus the logic.  I doubt if they would be so bold in the company of Princess Delia...where we all know how meek and courteous they are.

[/quote]

You really are...my god.

If they dont - Which they wont, you can eat your words MR!

Classic Cluck.

I''m sorry to tell you that the role of Private Fraiser was cast quite a

long time ago to John Laurie, and in the message board reconstruction

of dads army, smudger got his claim in long before you. 

You are quite close to getting cast as Private Pike however, being a "stupid boy".

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote] 

[/quote]

I was a bit surprised that you didn''t draw on your business experience here Cluck and get to the heart of the matter rather than going for seaside pier knockabout.

Disagreement is perfectly healthy in a management team.  What is important is that:

All relevant views are put out for consideration

The person in charge makes the decision

Everyone is clear what the decision is.

Did any of this not happen on Saturday?  Grant is in charge.  He listened to Hunter''s advice and made his decision.   That is what I would expect to be the process.  Why should they agree?  Football is a business where many different, equally valid views can be held.  There is no right answer most times. Grant has to manage and that includes making the key decisions.  How well he does that will determine the success of his tenure.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Perhaps Grant should have listened to Hunter as 3-0 suggests Grant got things wrong.[/quote]

unless they were discussing how many goals to concede? in which case PG got it spot on! [:P][:|]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Perhaps Grant should have listened to Hunter as 3-0 suggests Grant got things wrong.[/quote]

Quite possibly though we don''t know what Hunter was saying.  With respect though, that is a different question to the one raised by this thread.

As I said previously, it is Grant''s job to make decisions and how well he does so will dtermine whether he is a success or not.  Perhaps your implication is correct and Grant is getting it wrong.  Time will tell.  If he does, that will be his responsibility.

oooops you don''t say Ricky... bet Granty is still worrying that he got it wrong by coming here in the first place!!!

Well, four fingers should always do better than three.

[quote user="Smudger"]

oooops you don''t say Ricky... bet Granty is still worrying that he got it wrong by coming here in the first place!!!

[/quote]

He did get it wrong by coming here - he should''ve stayed as a proper managers apprentice for a couple of years.

Bahaha Cluck, we cant get relegated this season so you are moving on to predicting the future for next season, give over, people who said we would be relegated this season where proven wrong, and to take a page out of your book of predicting the future, I will say that we wont get relegated next season.

[quote user="Two Tails"]Bahaha Cluck, we cant get relegated this season so you are moving on to predicting the future for next season, give over, people who said we would be relegated this season where proven wrong, and to take a page out of your book of predicting the future, I will say that we wont get relegated next season.
[/quote]

To be fair to Cluck, relegation is still mathematically possible.  Luton still have a potential points tally of 57.  I agree that it is highly unlikely but six more games like Saturday and the picture will change.  Can anyone say that that is impossible? 

Saying" we cant get relegated (sic)" is simply wrong as a statement of fact

[quote user="7rew"]Classic Cluck.

I''m sorry to tell you that the role of Private Fraiser was cast quite a long time ago to John Laurie, and in the message board reconstruction of dads army, smudger got his claim in long before you. 

You are quite close to getting cast as Private Pike however, being a "stupid boy".

[/quote]

He he he. If I ever posted something positive on here you''d all think there was something wrong with me! (although that fact is probably already well established [:)] )

I''m up for being Pikey if you''ll let me...just as long as Delia isn''t cast as my mum!

if soputhend and Leeds win their next 2.. and we lose our next 2.. that puts them 5 points ebhind us with just a few games left... "cant" get relegated huh? lets hope we dont.. we can! but im sure we wont

jas :)

Maybe they did agree on the training ground but if that clearly aren''t working during the match something has to change. When''s the best time to discuss and make that decision?

As for the question of whether we are mathematically safe or not, I''m not entirely sure. But it''s not as simple as totting up how many points are available to each of the teams below us because some of those teams will have to play each other so somebody is going to have to drop some points. I remember somebody calling into the Radio 5 phone-in the day Sunderland secured promotion a few years back smugly asking why everyone was congratulating them on securing promotion when a couple of teams below them could still pip them. Sadly for him he''d missed the fact that those two teams still had to play each other and so there was no way both could secure the maximum points available. Made me chuckle.