Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Grant thinks we still have a chance of going up!!

Yep Prize joker Rick ''Worthy defender'' Waghorn in an interview with Grant still thinks we have a chance of going up!!

if we lose today that will be 4 wins 1 draw and 4 defeats from our last 9 games!!  thats umm errr  title winning form that is.... [:S]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]After this display?
Dont me me laugh.
[/quote]

We haven''t exactly played well in recent weeks have we???

Yes we may of battled (fighting for our lives to stay in this division)...

But from the results we have picked up we were either playing other poor teams fighting to stay up... or in the case of Birmingham (a team with little attacking threat when McSheffrey is sidelined) and Stoke (little creativity when their best player Lee Hendrie is not playing).

Today''s result was never in question for me (with Colchester being nearly at full strength and bearing in mind that their home record must be one of the best if not the best in the league).

Agree with Neal Adams that this is a very poor division... that however makes the fact that we are only 16th even worse in my opinion...  I am not one to think that everything is great and drastic improvements have been made because we beat a not very exciting Stoke Team (who aren''t likely to make the play-off''s themselves) 1-0, and that we done the double over a Birmingham team (who have a c**p manager in most of their fans and many other peoples eyes, have had £millions to spend and are still playing awful football and may still find themselves playing Chumpionship football next season!!!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]i hate to state the obvious but we do still have a chance of going up,[/quote]

do we?  we can only attain 71 points now.  A total which will not get a team promoted the way the league has panned out this season unfortunatly.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]i hate to state the obvious but we do still have a chance of going up,[/quote]

do we?  we can only attain 71 points now.  A total which will not get a team promoted the way the league has panned out this season unfortunatly.

[/quote]

I don''t think we will go up obviously that would make me clinically insane if i believed that, but technically we are still mathmatically able to gain promotion, think how many football leagues are played every year around the world most of them for 100+ years it must have been done before by somebody somewhere. I guess we have about a 0.0005% chance of premiership football next year but it is still a chance.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

I don''t think we will go up obviously that would make me clinically insane if i believed that, but technically we are still mathmatically able to gain promotion, think how many football leagues are played every year around the world most of them for 100+ years it must have been done before by somebody somewhere. I guess we have about a 0.0005% chance of premiership football next year but it is still a chance.

[/quote]

Don''t start, you''ll be getting people''s hopes up [^o)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Agree no chance and it looks like it will be around 75pts to get inbto the play offs this year anyway.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Wolves fans made me laugh this weekend with their singing "we''re going to win 6-5" just before Southampton''s 6th hit the back of the net... only to be followed up with "we''re gonna win 7-6"

The only difference between them and the current set of Norwich fans was that they were taking the pi$$ out of themselves... where as half of our daft lot would of actually believed that we were going to do it!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Wolves fans made me laugh this weekend with their singing "we''re going to win 6-5" just before Southampton''s 6th hit the back of the net... only to be followed up with "we''re gonna win 7-6"

The only difference between them and the current set of Norwich fans was that they were taking the pi$$ out of themselves... where as half of our daft lot would of actually believed that we were going to do it!!!

[/quote]

If they''ve never tasted honey how can they know it''s sweet? 

Alot of the modern day City fans have never experienced anything better than warmed up seconds...so how can we expect them to know what it feels like to be a good side? The day will come when this bunch of amateurs are tossed out of the nest and we can get back to being a club to be proud of again....rather than merely an extension to the kitchen where they store the leftover slops.

We ain''t going anywhere except down with this lot in control. Next season with even less money floating about we''ll be lucky even to survive...especially given Grant''s apparent eye for talent.  Brown?.....Yeah great find. A few more gems like that and we''ll be laughing all the way down to League One.