Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

The Eagle Has Signed, Martin Next?

i like what i have seen of Eagle thus far and next season will be a biggun for him.. hope he does well for us

jas :)

im happy to see Grant has been sensible and signed him on a 1 yr contract with option for further yr. this is best all round, it will keep Eagles'' feet on the floor and he''ll know he has to work hard to get contract renewed. this is also good from clubs point of view as they have option based on his improvement.

Anyway good luck and well done Eagles, you seem like a good player to me and i hope you can carry on developing!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Good news, I see Robert Eagle has signed a new 1 year deal, lets hope Chris Martin follows his example!![/quote]great news - eagle''s touch is outstanding, hope it pushes on now and breaks into the first team next year.as for martin??? what a screw up by city.

Yes indeed LGT. I have asked this question a couple of times and people haven''t really confronted it.

I honestly think PG made a naive mistake in not putting Martin on a professional contract before he made his first team debut.

He expressed he could have offered Martin a contract earlier, but felt it would be unfair on the boy not to give him an opportunity to prove himself.

In fairness, Chris should sign this presumably ''improved'' contract as a matter of respect to PG, but life doesn''t always work like that, especially in football.

As for Robert Eagle, I''ve heard good things and with him being a natural left-footer it was important to keep him around. A loan spell early next season would make sense.

However, I would only have offered him a new deal on the proviso he cut his hair first FFS [:P]

he has signed! great news! it took a while but its happened at last!

breathe a sigh of relief everyone and enjoy the news

jas :)

[quote user="mbncfc"]

He expressed he could have offered Martin a contract earlier, but felt it would be unfair on the boy not to give him an opportunity to prove himself.

In fairness, Chris should sign this presumably ''improved'' contract as a matter of respect to PG, but life doesn''t always work like that, especially in football.

[/quote]

Well, within minutes of me posting the above good old Christopher signed his deal.

I thought PG may have made a mistake, but what he has done is shown respect to a player, given them a fair opportunity and it seems to have come off this time.

Let''s hope Chris repays that faith from PG with plenty of goals next season.

Good decision Chris [:D] Don''t spend it all at once...

I think Eagle has got a decent left peg on him, he can deliver a good ball. But I don''t think he''s got a lot else at the moment. He''s clearly short of pace and he''s not exactly got a big build.

In the couple of appearances he has had in the first team he''s looked way out of his depth. Definitely needs a loan move next year to see what he''s made of.