Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dales Tash

Who should go?

So then, it''s not long until the end of the season and PG is looking to rebuild the squad, who do you think should be kicked out of the squad to make room.  Add the name of the person you want to see leave with a likely replacement.Andy Hughes - replaced by ANYONE!First choice keeper - David Marshalland so on...  

mcveigh - Vaughan (crewe)

thorne - no replacement as its like we never had him in the 1st place

gallacher - camp

safri - with someone who can go on international duty and return as the same player before he went

docherty - would love malky back

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

At the moment, the easier question and the shorter list is

Who should stay??!!??

[/quote]

mmm that''s a bit more like it Cambridge...

I would keep Joe Lewis (although we will need a first choice keeper), Shack''s (Colin & Drury although both could be playing largely reserve football), Etuhu, Croft, Chadwick & Lappin (again any of those 4 could find themselves as back up to new signings)... and Martin, Huckerby, Earnie (and I know a lot will laugh but if he show''s that he can do well at Burnley then Paul McVeigh).

Get rid of all the rest... The Doc, Hughes and Safri would be the first ones shown the door if I was manager.

Out....

Safri

Croft

Doherty

McVeigh

Thorne

Gallagher

In......

Anyone who can pass, tackle and shoot, and actually play with pride, passion and commitment!!!

I must admit that my old dad has a point when he says drop the lot of them and play the kids.  After all a team of hungry 16-18 year olds can''t do any worse than that bunch of overpaid t**s*rs.

[quote user="gemma "]Thorne-Varney[/quote]

Would be nice Gemma... but I couldn''t see that happening in a million years!!!

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I must admit that my old dad has a point when he says drop the lot of them and play the kids.  After all a team of hungry 16-18 year olds can''t do any worse than that bunch of overpaid t**s*rs.

[/quote]

If we played the kids from the start of next season we''d be relegated before Christmas.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

If we played the kids from the start of next season we''d be relegated before Christmas.

[/quote]

Congratulations for stating the obvious, it was a tongue in cheek quip. Pr*t

[quote user="DiscoDalesTash"]So then, it''s not long until the end of the season and PG is looking to rebuild the squad, who do you think should be kicked out of the squad to make room.  Add the name of the person you want to see leave with a likely replacement.

[/quote]The majority.

Isn''t Reg Varney dead??? If he''s not he must be a bit past it by now!!!

"I''ll get you Buttler!!!"

(Joke will only make sense to those over 30!!!)

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]

i got it and im 25...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]

i got it and im 25...

[/quote]Me too... maybe we''re just "old before our time"... [:S]

Out..gallagher.in Marshall,..Out..Colin,Hughes,...in Taylor(wigan) out..Docherty in Collins,Gabbidon, out..Mcveigh in Hendrie Out Etuhu..in Holland...out..Thorne..in Mcleod,Easter,

[quote user="dazzling canary"]Out..gallagher.in Marshall,..Out..Colin,Hughes,...in Taylor(wigan) out..Docherty in Collins,Gabbidon, out..Mcveigh in Hendrie Out Etuhu..in Holland...out..Thorne..in Mcleod,Easter,[/quote]

Izale McLeod is crap! i saw him in the championship for Derby against us and im not joking but he looked like the worst player i have ever seen!

theres a reason he''s in league 2... and thats because he is out of his depth in the higher divisions

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="dazzling canary"]Out..gallagher.in Marshall,..Out..Colin,Hughes,...in Taylor(wigan) out..Docherty in Collins,Gabbidon, out..Mcveigh in Hendrie Out Etuhu..in Holland...out..Thorne..in Mcleod,Easter,[/quote]

Izale McLeod is crap! i saw him in the championship for Derby against us and im not joking but he looked like the worst player i have ever seen!

theres a reason he''s in league 2... and thats because he is out of his depth in the higher divisions

[/quote]

He was only 17 when he played for derby, he is 21-22 now, players generally get better with age.....scored a hatful of goals for MK this year.  Worth a gamble IMO....

Get rid of Thorne, McVeigh, Henderson and Louis-Jean (though everyone seems to have forgotten about him!) for definite. Everyone else we basically have to keep because our squad is so thin otherwise. If we try and get in one or two signings then we can try and shift some surplus characters (eg Jarvis and Etuhu) on to somebody else. Must try and get David Marshall. After that, if I were in Grant, I''d wait to see who gets relegated and then try and burgle them; for instance Healy, Lewis, Westlake from Leeds, Eastwood, Hammell, Francis from Southend and so on.

Other than that it''s just a case of picking up gems from the lower leagues and frees; Matty Jarvis from Gillingham, Billy Jones and Luke Varney from Crewe, Kris Commons from Forest etc. However I assume Grant has little to no money at his disposal. Just NO loans; waste of money.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

He was only 17 when he played for derby, he is 21-22 now, players generally get better with age.....scored a hatful of goals for MK this year.  Worth a gamble IMO....

[/quote]

people say the same about 30 year old Lee Trundle... 1 good season is all he has had

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I know people who want to see the Norwich team made up of young players so it''s kinda hard to tell that your comment was infact a ''tongue in cheek quip''.

It hardly warranted calling me a ''pr*t'' but if makes you feel big then go for it.

[quote user="dazzling canary"]Out..gallagher.in Marshall,..Out..Colin,Hughes,...in Taylor(wigan) out..Docherty in Collins,Gabbidon, out..Mcveigh in Hendrie Out Etuhu..in Holland...out..Thorne..in Mcleod,Easter,[/quote]good selection there dazz,  i see defence figures prominently on your list -  no wonder given our goals conceded record.  having watched the lastest batch on look east last night, juat how soft were they??? our defence were all at 6''s and 7''s in the box, we looked like a relegation side defending - totally undone.i can see why PG was spitting feathers.our defence has proved unequal to the challenge over the past 3 seasons, nothing personal but major surgery is required imo - sadly, i can''t see how the present bunch can provide the consistency we need. 

If i was in charge i would get rid of :

M Louis Jean

Peter Thorne

Ian Henderson

Paul Gallagher

Paul Mcveigh

Matthew Halliday

And Ryan Jarvis, Rossi Jarvis And Eagle i would loan out for the season

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I know people who want to see the Norwich team made up of young players so it''s kinda hard to tell that your comment was infact a ''tongue in cheek quip''.

It hardly warranted calling me a ''pr*t'' but if makes you feel big then go for it.

[/quote]

Don''t need to feel big, no offence intended.

I agree that you can''t just chuck the kids in, BUT there are times (stoke away, colchester away, coventry home) when you just wonder, could the kids really do any worse!