Sign in to follow this  
VAUX

Andy Hughes another mistake

Oh my goodness another pigs ear from my favorite, can we please get rid of him over the summer break????

Yes I can''t deny that he has improved recently, but surely todays mistake prooves yet again he''s simply not good enough to be in the starting 11. What Colin did wrong to be dropped I don''t know. He isn''t the most attacking minded full back but I can''t remember him making many mistakes defencively. Hopefully this Ostembor chap can do the job and not make silly mistakes.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Yes I can''t deny that he has improved recently, but surely todays mistake prooves yet again he''s simply not good enough to be in the starting 11. What Colin did wrong to be dropped I don''t know. He isn''t the most attacking minded full back but I can''t remember him making many mistakes defencively. Hopefully this Ostembor chap can do the job and not make silly mistakes.
[/quote]

He is not even good enough to be at the club FULL STOP imo

as for the prats that have been on here recently saying that they are going to vote for Hughes as player of the season... I am just struggling for words...

It is their kind of stupidity that enables this bunch of useless stars we have pick up their wahes each wek no matter how c**p they might be.... it is this nature that epitomises everything that is currently wrong at Carrow Road and why yet again nothing will have changed by this timne next year!!!

So much for Wizards player of the year.

He will have to be replaced before next season

Heaven forbid, he made one mistake.Sorry, perspective time guys. If this was made by Shackell for example, we would put it down to bad luckHughes has improved recently, credit the guy for putting himself above the narrow-minded morons who boo him.  

Now stoppit, you guys keep on havin a larf. Hughes for player of the season it''s absurd almost as daft as Doherty winning it! Now I''m trying to cast my mind back to who won it last year, oh my Gord I''ve just remembered! Maybe Hughes will win it, although if anyone can remember him he might face competition from Robinson. There must be better players around who are available, I pray I will not have to see either of them playing for City next saeson.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]Yes I can''t deny that he has improved recently, but surely todays mistake prooves yet again he''s simply not good enough to be in the starting 11. What Colin did wrong to be dropped I don''t know. He isn''t the most attacking minded full back but I can''t remember him making many mistakes defencively. Hopefully this Ostembor chap can do the job and not make silly mistakes.
[/quote]

as for the prats that have been on here recently saying that they are going to vote for Hughes as player of the season... I am just struggling for words...

It is their kind of stupidity that enables this bunch of useless stars we have pick up their wahes each wek no matter how c**p they might be.... it is this nature that epitomises everything that is currently wrong at Carrow Road and why yet again nothing will have changed by this timne next year!!!

[/quote]

Smudge,

He made a mistake today. He has also had some really good performances for us recently. I''m telling you this because you don''t watch him play. Please remember how you are not in a position to comment on the players ability because you don''t see them play football.

All you are privvy to is secondary information. Please don''t even consider saying anything about the performance of players good or bad. You simply don''t know and are not in a position to form an opinion.

All that said, his performance was not good enough today, along with a number of players. I see and therefore I know. You see nothing and I think you know how the rest of that goes.

It''s interesting though that you choose to decide that he is terrible. You may as well decide he is a genius given your actual understanding of his performances on a heresay level.

[quote user="ButchP"]Heaven forbid, he made one mistake.

Sorry, perspective time guys. If this was made by Shackell for example, we would put it down to bad luck

Hughes has improved recently, credit the guy for putting himself above the narrow-minded morons who boo him.  
[/quote]

I was there and I can tell you that he made more than one mistake, he had a very poor game in my opinion.

Colchester fans loved him though!!!!!

Ok, we all know Hughes isnt a great player. He wont go down as a Keelan, Foggo, or Fleck. But at least the effort is there.

Why do we always try to polarise people? you are either a KTF''er or WO''er is just one example I can think of.

Fact - hughes puts in 100% every game. Fact - he aint the most talented player in our squad by a long way.

Can we not just agree that we need a decent right back (not exactly sure what is wrong with Colin), and that Hughes isnt the scapegoat for everything.

I disagree yellow rages - I dont think he has put in some ''really good performances'';  he has done OK or not done badly and in one game I have seen did he do ''well'' at right back,  but overall he hasnt played ''well''.   His positioning is awful and his passing worse,  his attacking play is rare, having had no more than a dozen or so good crosses or efforts on goal in all his games at right back,  being no better than Colin,  the reason given for Colin being dropped.  

I agree he has not played as badly at right back as he did in the middle of the park,  but we shouldnt automatically pass that as acceptable.

A solution for the right back problem is needed,  so two signed in the close season if Colin is that badly out of favour.

[quote user="ricardo"]

So much for Wizards player of the year.

He will have to be replaced before next season

[/quote]Speaking of Wiz, where''s he gone?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I disagree yellow rages - I dont think he has put in some ''really good performances'';  he has done OK or not done badly and in one game I have seen did he do ''well'' at right back,  but overall he hasnt played ''well''.   His positioning is awful and his passing worse,  his attacking play is rare, having had no more than a dozen or so good crosses or efforts on goal in all his games at right back,  being no better than Colin,  the reason given for Colin being dropped.  

I agree he has not played as badly at right back as he did in the middle of the park,  but we shouldnt automatically pass that as acceptable.

A solution for the right back problem is needed,  so two signed in the close season if Colin is that badly out of favour.

[/quote]

Perhaps I''m just seeing the best in him. Appreciate your opinion though as someone who does see him play. That was my point.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

one mistake....can you remind me which other goal costing mistake he has made?

[/quote] Luton''s second springs immediately to mind!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger - If your talking of prats then you must be up there by putting your a picture of yourself on a chat room! You haven''t even changed the picture at all, you look like the joker from batman!

Hughes! Hughes! Hughes! - he''s human like you and I, and like you he can make mistakes, but overall all he shows his pride for the club on his sleeve every game!

Final!

Why do some people insist that because Hughes shows effort, he''s any good?

I''d show effort if I played for City, but I''d still be crap.

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

[/quote]

It''s a common Norwich fan viewpoint, something only Norwich fans do - we seem to love the players who put in 110%, even if they are totally f**king crap.

I can''t believe people think Hughes has been "good recently" - it astounds me to see people on here were putting our recent good form down to him. Neil Adams also came out with similar bull. Right back was not a problem area. The fact that we have no midfield is.

He is an awful, awful excuse for a footballer. As SB says above, we could all go out there and give 100% - does that make us good footballers? (Yes, footballer - the profession he is EMPLOYED to take part in! At OUR club whereby, as CJF says, we have had 2 managers ACCOMODATING him into the team!!) But to be honest, I reckon some fans could go out there and give 50% and still be better than the bloody awful Hughes.

Andy Hughes isn''t a right back. He never has been and he never will.

Unless you are short of players to play in a particular postion, you should play them in their strongest position, it''s as simple as that.

[:@]

He was colchesters most productive player yesterday ,he has gone back to where he was under worthington a liability .He hasnt got a footballing brain just lots of effort and endevour which im afraid is making him and the team look cr*p OTBC

[quote user="ButchP"]Heaven forbid, he made one mistake.

Sorry, perspective time guys. If this was made by Shackell for example, we would put it down to bad luck

Hughes has improved recently, credit the guy for putting himself above the narrow-minded morons who boo him.  
[/quote]

no he hasnt! it was his P!ss arsing about with the ball outside his own box that led to Derby scoring! and now this mistake. he isnt a full back.. although is better there than anywhere else.. move him on.. too much History. will be good for both him and the club

jas :)

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Lutons second............was that not Gallacher steaming outta the box?

[/quote] True enough, that didn''t help but Gallagher only messed up after Hughes had made a complete hash of stopping his winger. Even then, Hughes failed to get the tackle in once Gallagher was beaten.

All defenders make mistakes and can be exposed,  I think Hughes is competent at best and a potential liability in a way that Colin is not. 

I think that the guy from Canary call would call hughes an honest player.  I keep thinking back to last season when Hughes screamed on in against someone from the right wing. At the time I remember thinking that he''d done well to get it in from there, and the look on his face. Now all i can think of is .......it must have been a cross that got lucky.

Am i right in thinking that the hughes deal actually cost us nigh on £1m. I''d rather see on one the kids playing there if colin is injured. As another poster said, he shouldnt be playing but its not all down to him, and you cant fault his effort.

Hughes makes errors consitently imo, he has never been good enough and i can not ever see him being in a promotion winning team. Same goes for Doherty, never cut the mustard and still makes laods of mistakes, cant keep up, gets shrugged off, passes short of players. The two of them, aswel as others in the team, are simply not at all good enough.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

[/quote]

It''s a common Norwich fan viewpoint, something only Norwich fans do - we seem to love the players who put in 110%, even if they are totally f**king crap.

I can''t believe people think Hughes has been "good recently" - it astounds me to see people on here were putting our recent good form down to him. Neil Adams also came out with similar bull. Right back was not a problem area. The fact that we have no midfield is.

He is an awful, awful excuse for a footballer. As SB says above, we could all go out there and give 100% - does that make us good footballers? (Yes, footballer - the profession he is EMPLOYED to take part in! At OUR club whereby, as CJF says, we have had 2 managers ACCOMODATING him into the team!!) But to be honest, I reckon some fans could go out there and give 50% and still be better than the bloody awful Hughes.

[/quote]

Alex, I don''t love him. I just think it is unfair, given his recent performances at fullback to say he is useless. Which performances of late have you seen him in that he has played badly? He played badly against Colchester, this is true but so did nearly every other player. He is no more to blame than any other under performing individual. What is more dissapointing is that you assume people who don''t slate him think he is a genius. Not the case. Please rejoin us when you get a moment.

Other people have already made this same point, but I agree that it''s incredible what some fans are prepared to put up with for the appearance of "100% effort". Hughes is a terrible player. If you looked up the frase "Jack of all trades, master of none" in the Oxford book of quotations, there would be a picture of Hughes there to illustrate it. And I''m not just saying this as a response his gaff on Saturday, which let''s be honest wasn''t the deciding moment of that game anyway. Ever since he''s been at the club his possioning has always been bad, he can''t pass to save his life and despite his reputation as a no-nonsense player, he can''t even tackle well. Sure he TRIES things and I applaude his self-confidence despite all the evidence to the contrary but surely accepting a player like this is like settling for inadequacy. If we''re serious about achieving anything next season, he can''t be in the team. And lets not forget that he did once attempt to leap into the crowd to attack one of us! I moment which I don''t think should be forgotten lightly.

As someone else so rightly pointed out, I''d give 100% effort and commitment in a City shirt, but I''d still be complete rubbish!