Sign in to follow this  
jdungos

Delia Smith Interview

Bring me a bucket for God''s sake.......

More emotional bilge from the celebrity using our once proud club for her own self promotion purposes.

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[quote user="Cluck "]

More emotional bilge from the celebrity using our once proud club for her own self promotion purposes.

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly when reading this, Cluck.

But I wonder just how many will read it and say "Ahhhh isn''t she lovely. We''re so so lucky" [^o)] [+o(]

Aw comm''on whats so wrong with that interview?

Not like SHE said that she was a Norfolk Legand is it? A pefectly innocuous radio interview, but I guess I must be stupid or something, its all part of the Carra Rud spin machine ...

The comments about the effect of money on the Premiership were dead on in my opinion.

and they all lived happily ever after... the end...

Dear god!

shes spends a lot of time reminiscing about the good old days and when she cried because she dropped her ice cream.. sorry lost her scarf... at Blackpool.

and in the same week that Peter Grant says he is going to be looking abroad for players Delia denounces it in an interview....

Board and manager pulling together then....

I still feel the board need to go.. Grant is their get out of jail card. if we lose him (and i hope we dont) then the board are up the creek.

jas :)

[quote user="Cluck "]

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[/quote]

Which part of her interview upset you then Cluck?

She was the guest on Radio Norfolk yesterday  and chatted away for over an hour about anything and everything, her passion for our club and life itself was evident.

there''s nothing in the interview that we don''t know already.  her comments regarding foreign investment and foreign players in the prem is an opinion she''s entitled to.  we know she''s ambitious, PG is, and the fans too.   as usual, its  matching that ambition with hard cash that''s the constant problem, not only for us, for all football clubs.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

More emotional bilge from a poster using this once proud message board for his own self promotion purposes.

[quote user="Cluck"]

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[/quote]

Not today thanks.

I do not see what is in that interview to encourage a negative reaction...

...unless of course you simply don''t like her...

Her comments on foreign investment were interesting.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[/quote]

We knew you''d be quick off the mark Cluck.

I bet it was like a red rag to a bull

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Cluck "]

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s alright ricardo, he''s only winding us up...

He loves her really [;)]

[quote user="August 64"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

More emotional bilge from a poster using this once proud message board for his own self promotion purposes.

[quote user="Cluck"]

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[/quote]

Not today thanks.

[/quote]

I''m with you 64, usual school bully / BNP style stuff from the guardians of all things negative on this message board. Miserable clucker, if only we could interest the Cobbolds, get Chase back or even Michael Knighton on board eh? Delia is just so pleasant isn''t she, how dare she, you can''t be nice and ambitious surely?

Nice of her to appear, now things are looking better......Where was she, when we were struggling?

Don''t get me wrong, I have nothing against Delia the person, I actually think she''s a lovely woman and a success in her personal business world........But, when it comes to the football and the real issues that need addressing? Nope......out of her depth.

Coming to think of it.........aren''t all of the board?

[quote user="mbncfc"]

I do not see what is in that interview to encourage a negative reaction...

...unless of course you simply don''t like her...

Her comments on foreign investment were interesting.

[/quote]there are a few on here that don''t need encouragement to be negative mate.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Cluck "]

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like manna from heaven.........[:)]

As mello says...nothing against DS as a person...but she doesn''t belong in charge of a football club....especially if it''s mine!

Let''s be honest though...if she had been the figurehead of our neighbours down the road in Ipswich instead ...wouldn''t we all be slinging the michael at them endlessly?  I think the honest answer to that is yes....big time.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Nice of her to appear, now things are looking better......Where was she, when we were struggling?

Don''t get me wrong, I have nothing against Delia the person, I actually think she''s a lovely woman and a success in her personal business world........But, when it comes to the football and the real issues that need addressing? Nope......out of her depth.

[/quote]

So you will agree that things are looking better?

Just curious to understand your perspective. Normally a difficult thing to achieve amongst all of the tangent postings.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="August 64"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[quote user="Cluck"]

Norfolk legend my a*se.

[/quote]

Not today thanks.

[/quote]

I''m with you 64, usual school bully / BNP style stuff from the guardians of all things negative on this message board. Miserable clucker, if only we could interest the Cobbolds, get Chase back or even Michael Knighton on board eh? Delia is just so pleasant isn''t she, how dare she, you can''t be nice and ambitious surely?

[/quote]

What is this quote all about?  So we are BNP style guardians now are we???

That quote is about as laughable as the interview with Delia and Michael itself!!!

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Just curious to understand your perspective. Normally a difficult thing to achieve amongst all of the tangent postings.

[/quote]

No, I certainly don''t agree that things are looking better, I said what I felt - which is a personal opinion, and quite frankly, I don''t give a monkey''s booty - what you, or anyone else for that matter, thinks of it. I do await the close season and the arrival (not sure whether to type singular or plural after the last close season''s influx ie, ''Crofty'') and departures (x5 last season) of playing staff - followed by the onset of the 2007-8 Championship challenge - to actually see how the club operates without the parachute cash. Whether the revenue from attendances, marketing, food outlets & restaurants etc, to finance our way through the season, will be sufficient to mount a serious challenge for promotion - and to hopefully maintain it.  

The current crop of results, have presently eased the situation and pressure on the squad and the board..........I also think, that the board and the Chief Exec have been unbelievably naive, in not offering Martin a contract before the PFA got involved. We can maybe put that down to ''in hindsight'' as an excuse though........Prudence with Amnesia, possibly.

I just feel that Delia and the board have ''peaked'' like our previous manager did, and we require some ''stale'' individuals to ''stand-down'' and therefore, hopefully allow some astute, wetsuit, snorkel and  flipper wearing individuals, who are not out of their depth, to deliver  fresh ideas, with vigorous investment and impetus - to join the Directorship, (even if they don''t reside within the inner ring-road or were baptised in the Wensum). Three seasons have now elapsed since our ''flutter'' wiv dah big boyz.......and our board since then, have looked a bit ''lost'' and also, unable to accept constructive criticism or responsibility for our ''poor showing'' over those 3 underachieving seasons. 

I await Mr Munby''s predictable passionate speech on the last game of the season - to see if he is going to offer once again, that elusive ''Moon on a stick'' that will ''hopefully'' bury the bad times of the last 3 seasons and, once again, set the foundations for the 2007-8 battle/skirmish/capitulation........whatever.

"Here''s hopin''!"

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, I certainly don''t agree that things are looking better, I said what I felt - which is a personal opinion, and quite frankly, I don''t give a monkey''s booty - what you, or anyone else for that matter, thinks of it. I do await the close season and the arrival (not sure whether to type singular or plural after the last close season''s influx ie, ''Crofty'') and departures (x5 last season) of playing staff - followed by the onset of the 2007-8 Championship challenge - to actually see how the club operates without the parachute cash. Whether the revenue from attendances, marketing, food outlets & restaurants etc, to finance our way through the season, will be sufficient to mount a serious challenge for promotion - and to hopefully maintain it.  

The current crop of results, have presently eased the situation and pressure on the squad and the board..........I also think, that the board and the Chief Exec have been unbelievably naive, in not offering Martin a contract before the PFA got involved. We can maybe put that down to ''in hindsight'' as an excuse though........Prudence with Amnesia, possibly.

I just feel that Delia and the board have ''peaked'' like our previous manager did, and we require some ''stale'' individuals to ''stand-down'' and therefore, hopefully allow some astute, wetsuit, snorkel and  flipper wearing individuals, who are not out of their depth, to deliver  fresh ideas, with vigorous investment and impetus - to join the Directorship, (even if they don''t reside within the inner ring-road or were baptised in the Wensum). Three seasons have now elapsed since our ''flutter'' wiv dah big boyz.......and our board since then, have looked a bit ''lost'' and also, unable to accept constructive criticism or responsibility for our ''poor showing'' over those 3 underachieving seasons. 

I await Mr Munby''s predictable passionate speech on the last game of the season - to see if he is going to offer once again, that elusive ''Moon on a stick'' that will ''hopefully'' bury the bad times of the last 3 seasons and, once again, set the foundations for the 2007-8 battle/skirmish/capitulation........whatever.

"Here''s hopin''!"

[/quote]

What is your opinion today? Is it the first or second comment in bold? Should I just flip a coin?

Glad you don''t care what people think of your opinion. Not too sure why you felt the need to clarify that though. I expect that. Sounds a bit paranoid don''t you think?

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Here''s hopin''!"

[/quote]

What is your opinion today? Is it the first or second comment in bold? Should I just flip a coin?

Glad you don''t care what people think of your opinion. Not too sure why you felt the need to clarify that though. I expect that. Sounds a bit paranoid don''t you think?

[/quote]

"Chase me! Chase me!"

Personal vendetta time is it Yellow Disparages?

I''ve obviously touched on a raw nerve haven''t I.

What''s up chum, got an issue with me? Just stickin'' up for the fellow Director Boardees or employees are we? Club Meejah, or the Chief Execs pencil sharpener? Disgruntled Journo? One of Delia''s disciples perchance? There''s a ickle morsal of paranoia for you to feast on.......Don''t want you to go hungry.

I''ll keep feedin'' you tit-bits, and you can chew the nipples.[8-|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Here''s hopin''!"

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Chase me! Chase me!"

What''s up chum, got an issue with me? Just stickin'' up for the fellow Director Boardees or employees are we? Club Meejah, or the Chief Execs pencil sharpener? Disgruntled Journo? One of Delia''s disciples perchance? There''s a ickle morsal of paranoia for you to feast on.......Don''t want you to go hungry.

[/quote]

No issue with you and not sticking up for the board. In fact I think there is alot wrong at that level. So no raw nerve to be touched I''m afraid. Still though, we don''t know which of your two opposing opinions you hold true. That, young man remains to be answered. Perhaps I''m trying to understand if you type because you like the look of the letters or you actually know what you are doing.

So that''s your background. I hope that makes you feel more comfortable about giving me an answer.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Here''s hopin''!"

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Chase me! Chase me!"

[/quote]

No issue with you and not sticking up for the board. In fact I think there is alot wrong at that level. So no raw nerve to be touched I''m afraid. Still though, we don''t know which of your two opposing opinions you hold true. That, young man remains to be answered. Perhaps I''m trying to understand if you type because you like the look of the letters or you actually know what you are doing.

So that''s your background. I hope that makes you feel more comfortable about giving me an answer.

[/quote]

Damn! I was expecting you to correct me on my spellun of ''morsal'' (morsel)......You never took the bait.....What is it exactly, that you''re Yellow ''Raging'' about? Why are you so ''target fixated'' on what I have opinions on. Why ickle ole me? You''re scarin'' me now![:S] Strange Fellow - that Yellow Deranges. 

My opposing opinions concerning what exactly? The fact that I think Delia is a ''nice'' person, although, in my opinion - her and the current board aren''t the people to take us onward and upwards, (and across a bit)? ''aRe YoU A pRAcTIsINg ''tRIcKCycLiST'' who''s maybe looking too deep into what people type on this forum?.......wibble.  

Now, if you find that difficult to understand or interpret.......I''m afraid, I''m unable to assist you.

Thanks for calling me ''young man'' it''s certainly much appreciated. May I suggest that you replace your misfirin'' and low on gas pressure paintball gun, with a ''state of the art'' high powered rifle (and a half-decent scope), if you wish to continue snipin'' away at me........I do possess a full set of ''kevlar body armour'' (including helmet). (Just a bit more of my background for you to store in your mammary bank of tit-bits).

Yup, I do like the lookah my words, an'' I don''t care if I don''t know what I''m doing, or that you fink an upstart like me, is way out of his depth when mixin'' wiv the practisin'' pseudo-interlektuhalls that patrol this board. But, I thoroughly enjoy ''havin'' a larf wiv fellow posters - and I''m really enjoying the fact, that I know that I''ve got under your skin - and really got your back up.......Don''t you deny it now![:P]

By the way ''old man'' I''m not really paranoid.......but, I know you''re still out to get me![8-)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Here''s hopin''!"

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Chase me! Chase me!"

[/quote]

[/quote]

Damn! I was expecting you to correct me on my spellun of ''morsal'' (morsel)......You never took the bait.....What is it exactly, that you''re Yellow ''Raging'' about? Why are you so ''target fixated'' on what I have opinions on. Why ickle ole me? You''re scarin'' me now![:S] Strange Fellow - that Yellow Deranges. 

My opposing opinions concerning what exactly? The fact that I think Delia is a ''nice'' person, although, in my opinion - her and the current board aren''t the people to take us onward and upwards, (and across a bit)? ''aRe YoU A pRAcTIsINg ''tRIcKCycLiST'' who''s maybe looking too deep into what people type on this forum?.......wibble.  

Now, if you find that difficult to understand or interpret.......I''m afraid, I''m unable to assist you.

Thanks for calling me ''young man'' it''s certainly much appreciated. May I suggest that you replace your misfirin'' and low on gas pressure paintball gun, with a ''state of the art'' high powered rifle (and a half-decent scope), if you wish to continue snipin'' away at me........I do possess a full set of ''kevlar body armour'' (including helmet). (Just a bit more of my background for you to store in your mammary bank of tit-bits).

Yup, I do like the lookah my words, an'' I don''t care if I don''t know what I''m doing, or that you fink an upstart like me, is way out of his depth when mixin'' wiv the practisin'' pseudo-interlektuhalls that patrol this board. But, I thoroughly enjoy ''havin'' a larf wiv fellow posters - and I''m really enjoying the fact, that I know that I''ve got under your skin - and really got your back up.......Don''t you deny it now![:P]

By the way ''old man'' I''m not really paranoid.......but, I know you''re still out to get me![8-)]

[/quote]

Why the dramatics? What''s with all of the arm waving and flapping? I wouldn''t comment on your morsal (morsel) by the way, that''s the playground of those with nothing better to say.

Not sure why you would think I am ''target fixated'' on you. All I have is one question for you that I highlighted the specifics of above. Of course when you don''t answer that, I give you the opportunity to correct your wording. To make it as basic as humanly possible, in one comment you said that you thought things were looking better and in the next you said you didn''t think things were looking better. All highlighted in my post prior to your short play.

I''m glad you like having a laugh with us fellow posters, I would be dissapointed if you posted through sheer misery. Whilst being slightly concerned for you regarding your requirement to go all ''Am Dram'' over the simplest of questions, you are very far from under my skin and my back is definately down. I''m more puzzled than perplexed with what must have been an exhausting experience for you to have to reach into the caverns of your soul to display such anguish and fear. This type of display can only suggest two things, either I have ruffled up your ruffle and made you go all rouge in the face or your creating a scene complete with smoke and trapdoor in order to avoid the question.

You as an individual are of no matter to me, so please don''t take it so personally. Of course had you just answered the simple question early doors, I would have gone away at the interval, with all I wanted to know and there would have been no need for your heaving bosom and furious fan flicking frolicks.