Sign in to follow this  
7rew

Burnley

Burnley have only 4 fixtures before they play us, haven''t won in 18 and have 5 points from the last 12.

Those fixture''s are:

Plymouth - home

Birmingham - away

Cardiff - home

Leeds - away

As I reckon that they will lose the next 3 (maybe manage 1 draw), does

anyone reckon that when we play them we will get thrashed?

God, I hope they win at Leeds.

Burnley have cost my my weekly accumulator twice over the last few weeks. In fact, last Saturday I was one Burnley goal away from cleaning up. I can''t believe they''ve gone so long without a win...

I think they''ll beat Plymouth at home. If they don''t however, then yes, they''ll beat us. But by that point I''ll want them to get relegated!

On a slight side issue, it''s good to see Wigan aren''t looking as safe as they were. Wigan & West Ham please...

after the farce in January I hope we help to send them down- a fixture list without Burnley away would be a good thing. Will we be up for a fight ? I think we had our answer on Saturday.

I think it will be classic Norwich to lose to Burnley, if we ever come up against a team on a long unbeaten run, or a run without scoring, then we know for a fact that we''re going to be the ones to help them break that run!What''s even more annoying is that it''s going to be one of the few games that''s easy for me, in Manchester, to get to see... so should I go along when it''s almost certain we''ll lose??

Twice in the last few seasons fans have made the long journey to Burnley only to find the match postponed when they arrive. Last season we went on a Friday night as the match was chosen by Sky. Like Preston, the Burnley fixture is far too often an evening kick off. For those reasons alone I would be quite happy for Burnley to get relegated. Although they are having an awful run of results they are still in a position where their destiny is in their own hands. If they still haven''t won by the time we play them that won''t be the case. It would be good to go there and send them down but I agree with the posters who see a banana skin if Burnely are still on this poor run.

EM.. of course you should go if it''s near by, there will be plenty of travelling fans go from Norwich.

After the way Burnley gleefully twisted the knife in our time of  private grief  for the benefit of a live TV audience, it would be a fitting response to beat them and send the ghastly little outfit down into oblivion. Schadenfreude indeed.

I''d come with you mate, but I''ll be in Swansea.  Stupid conferences removing one of the few home matches for me.

oh well, Wednesday on the last day of season it is.

but you should go, its not like you waste massive amounts of time on the train.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think it will be classic Norwich to lose to Burnley, if we ever come up against a team on a long unbeaten run, or a run without scoring, then we know for a fact that we''re going to be the ones to help them break that run!

What''s even more annoying is that it''s going to be one of the few games that''s easy for me, in Manchester, to get to see... so should I go along when it''s almost certain we''ll lose??
[/quote]

I agree EM - that would just be typical Norwich, and I think we can all see it coming!

Burnley are currently beating Plymouth 3-0 at half-time so looks like their run is ending.And Paul McVeigh scored for them! [:O]