Sign in to follow this  

I havent been to any matches for some time but having looked quite impressive when i saw him earlier in the season, i havent heard much about Croft recently. What do you think of him? Is he an integral part of the team?

he seems to spend a lot of the game running up and down the flank and thats about it.. not much of an end product, his shooting is.. how shall we say it.. Defender like at times... he is a good player i think.. but needs to contribute a bit more rahter than just run around.

jas :)

He is a whole-hearted player, who expends a great deal of energy down the wing, inside, and back to defend. Non-one can critize his commitgment tio the cause.When I have seen him, admittedly few times, I have been disappointed at his ability to cross the ball accurately after a run down the wing. As other people have put it, there is no end product. Generally we up against two tall central defenders, and Huckerby, Martin and Ernie are not so good in the air. So, unlees Dion is playing, or someone like Dickson has come forward, there is little point in spraying the ball  high in hope from the right touch line. He needs to improve his crossing or his passing inside. I think that Chadwick, if he ever gets fit, has an edge on Croft in thias respect.

When Croft first started this season, I thought we had got a bargain and he would turn out to be possibly the best winger in the division.  Now, however, my mind had been changed.  Even before his injury, he played a great 1st half, then we would gradually get less and less from him as the game progressed.  Now, he has a half decent 1st half, involving lots of running, hurrying defenders, etc, but he doesn''t take on players any more, to take it past a player, he has to play a 1-2 with someone else, then after that, his cross is poor or the ball eventually goes out of play.  His 2nd half of games has been terrible, as he would have done so much running in the 1st half, that he has tired himself out, and doesn''t do anything at all, but look tired and withdrawn from the game, leading him to be substituted again, as in most matches.  Hopefully he will improve towards the end of this season and into next because otherwise, Chadwick will become an easy 1st pick ahead of him

i really like croft, i think he was definatly one of worthys better signings. he can turn defenders just as well as huckerby, got bags of pace despite being a bit of a porker and works harder than most. alrite his finishing is wayward at the best of times and crossing often doesnt beat the first man but hes got huckerby to learn from, and you cudnt ask for much a much better example of great wing play, and i have noticed his performances getting noticably better in the last few weeks as chadwick has returned.

as a player willing to work for the team, chase lost causes and battle wen he looses the ball hes always going to hav fans and the kind of player we all want so if the odd cross or shot is poor i can take that if hes willing to win the back wen he loses it. rather the odd miss from a battling croft than the odd decent goal from an etuhu who doesnt care.