Sign in to follow this  
Loughborough Canary

Which Norwich midfielder had a trial at Dundee?

A quote from that link: "Dundee manager Alex Rae immediately ruled out signing a former Norwich

midfielder after seeing him in a bounce game against Third Division

outfit, Montrose." I say it''s Peter Grant.

"The player that has recently been with Norwich was not up to standard''s and Alex Rae will not invite him back to Dens. " - thats the bit i dont get.  i was hoping it was a sign we were trying to move hughes on, but I am guessing its odd reporting and its someone like mcveigh or even mulryne, but gary holt could be a good bet, wanting to return home?

It''ll probably be a kid from the academy who we let go and has yet to establish himself at a club... doubt it''s anyone we''ve got on the books now...

I would not have though it was Gary Holt personally, he is a first team regular at Nottingham Forest still, and doing well might i add. I have to admitt though, I dont know who it might have been...Mulryne is my best guess, even though he is currently at Leyton Orient.

It is a midfielder that recently left Norwich so he isn''t still on your books but he isn''t good enough anyway according to Rae.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]I''ve just looked up Montrose''s last 5 games and there is no one that played that I recognise.[/quote]same here, maybe its some youth player nobody heard about?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

my moneys on Asmat El Ouagari

jas :)

[/quote]what on god earths would make you assume its him?hogesar

Not Dean Sinclair - he left city at least two seasons ago now, I am not even sure who he plays for anymore. Its more likly to have been Easton in that sence! Or Rivers as someone else mentioned.

I think its likely to be a young player that we released. I can''t think of any players it could have been at the moment although saying that when it says former it could be refering to something we don''t know or do know in some cases.

Louis-Jean is not being kept on and has been told he is free to look for a club and has been described as a right flank player and not just a right back, could easily be him. I doubt its McVeigh but the possibility is there.

Isnt sinclair still at barnet?

Holt still plays for forest and McV is at burnley;   we have only released youngsters as far as I can recall over the last 18 montsh so assume its some one from before we got promoted - Rivers, Mullers or Llewelyn