Sign in to follow this  
YellowRoad

Martin on the bench ... ooh no ...

Well he has just signed a contract ... 3 more seasons ... he tells the Press he wants to play every match and doesn''t need a rest ... and what happens .... yesss ... Mr. PG put him on the bench ...

So why play a not so fit Dublin instead of Martin ... ask PG ... and he will tell you he needs more experience .. power .. fitness ... togetherness ... instead of goals ... confusing !

We want to win some away matches with players who have goals in them ... he better could have dropped Crofty ...

Ofcourse he says he doesn''t need a rest. What 18 year old playing for the team you support (i think) week in week out would?

Dublin and Hucks should be able to cause problems. I''d have done the same thing, especially with another game on monday.

Oh chill out, we''re playing again on monday.  Martin is still young and asking him to turn out friday and monday and play to full potential is a big ask.  Its not like he''s on the bench and Peter Thorne is playing instead.  Nice to see Eagle, Renton and Martin all on the bench.The futures bright, the futures YELLOW & GREEN [:D]

[quote user="Cobain18"]pg is rite martin has looked tired and he''s only 18[/quote]totally agree, and look at todays game, Huckerby was the key player, and would he have been playing the same role if Martin was on the pitch?

i think PG was right in his comments about giving Martin a rest for his own good,Martin is eager and obviously wants to play and do well, who wouldnt be in his situation?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I hope to hell he knows what he''s doing...[/quote]Clearly...HE DOES! =-)

Well it worked it seemes, a confortableISH win  and Martin 100% and raring to go on Monday. I reckon it will be 4-4-2, with Hucks and Martin up front, with Dublin and Fozzie left out. Theres no way Dublin can play twice in 3 days, i reckon a very smart move from PG!

Very good decision. We have alot of games coming up so it makes far more sense playing Dublin away from home and then maybe giving Martin the chance to play at home. The lad needs looking after not burning out!

The bumpy pitch  was probably not suited to passing along the ground, and Dion is probably a better target man. (Some have suggested we played 4-5-1), so it makes sense for Dublin rather than Martin. Given the lack of recovery time before Monday, I suspect that on the better surface Martin will play and Dublin be on the bench for late introduction if needed.

Personally I don''t rate him that much....and now he''s got a contract signed he''ll join the other no hopers out on loan next season.  Grant says'' "he''s got along way to go"....so that probably means either Carlisle or Torquay.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Personally I don''t rate him that much....and now he''s got a contract signed he''ll join the other no hopers out on loan next season.  Grant says'' "he''s got along way to go"....so that probably means either Carlisle or Torquay.

[/quote]Aha clever. How can you not rate him, how much of him have you, if not, any of us have seen?All we''ve seen so far is him score reasonably regularly, hold up the ball well and have descent all round abilitys, and from that, i have to rate him.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Nice to see Cluck back on form.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

How many times have you seen him play then Cluck??

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Nice to see Cluck back on form.

[/quote]

Agreed, great comment to get replies.

Obviously not true either no one that''s seen him play could not rate him. Lads got a great touch, good vision, works well and is learning his lessons.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

How many times have you seen him play then Cluck??

[/quote]

I don''t need to see him play CA. That''s the nice thing about being right all the time....      [Y]

Radio Norwich (A-ha!) said that Chris is on £10,000 a week... how are they privy to such information?

if true then its a hell of a gamble! he has scored a few goals for us true.. but theres no gaurentee he will keep it up!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Radio Norwich (A-ha!) said that Chris is on £10,000 a week... how are they privy to such information?

if true then its a hell of a gamble! he has scored a few goals for us true.. but theres no gaurentee he will keep it up!

[/quote]

That would be a crazy amount, I can''t see us paying that sort of cash for someone of his age having played only a dozen times, however good a prospect he looks; surely 10k per month would be closer to the mark - and still plenty more than 99.9% of us will ever earn.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

i really doubt thats true. think about our board. they wouldnt take risks even if they knew they wud pay off. they wudnt give martin 10 grand a week, seriously.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]I hope to hell he knows what he''s doing...[/quote]Clearly...HE DOES! =-)[/quote]Clearly... you''re right! [:D]Even before we''d won the game Friday, I thought about this one a bit more and it made a bit of sense... play your ageing but important striker in your game against battling, scrapping opponents and save your young and skillful striker for the game a few days later against the promotion contenders... See, I said I hoped I knew what he was doing... I never said I didn''t think he did... [;)]

[quote user="burn down the ipswich"]

i really doubt thats true. think about our board. they wouldnt take risks even if they knew they wud pay off. they wudnt give martin 10 grand a week, seriously.

[/quote]

it can''t be a risk if it is 100% certain to pay off

Martin won''t even be on £10k a month, not at his age and experience.

That would place him above most city players in the wage structure, can you imagine the problems that would cause?

I''d say he''s around £5k per month plus bonuses at the minute. Probably a clause linked to re-negotiation on promotion too.

I''d put my money on £2000 per week for young Martin.

Hi Guys

Radio Norwich are right Chris Martin is on £10,000 a wk, the reason i know is i work for Radio Norwich and we got our info from Jerry Goss.

Regards

Vinyl 

hmmm if so not sure i''d agree with that.

lot of money to throw at a lad his age, not sure he''s earned it yet either. Looks to have bags of promise, but so have dozens of other players his age who have gone on to do very little (Lee Sharpe anyone?).