Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

Drugs in football

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I find that a couple of pints knocks of the rough edges of watching Norwich City[:D][/quote]

SOB ............On the odd occasion this season perhaps, but, given the diet of dross we get most weeks, I''m finding I usually need nearer a couple of gallons of anaesthetic for the same effect.

Post match interviews could be interesting for the more mind altering substances :"So, a 2-1 defeat today Steve, your own goal gave them the win, looks like you went to sleep out there for a minute. What happened ?""Well, Brian, I was guarding the near post, and waiting for the corner to come over, and all of a sudden the ball sort of morphed into a many tentacled squid, each of its tentacles having a sort of elvish smiling face in the middle of it.  Thankfully our giant badger cleared it off the line, but when the squid grabbed hold of my leg and wouldn''t let go, I just had to get it away from me as it was really freaking me out, so I knocked it into the back of our net.  It''s fair to say that I''m as sick as the huge parrot just behind you.""Don''t worry about the Parrot Steve, it''s the club mascot."

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2003/05_may/18/football_drugs.shtml

Anybody remember this?

I expect out trustworthy FA has sorted it all out by now though!

[/quote]

Thats a droll one Nutty !   trustworthy FA ??     apparently  the clubs  " somehow " get advanced notice   of when the , so called , inspectors  will visit  ....   the clubs then tip off the dodgy players , who vanish   until they`ve gone  ,   only a very few   are found positive  per year , which  is hilarious considering  the reports from ex players ,   and even THOSE few  are just subject to the FA`s  decision on what happens to them !    what a complete farce  .... 

Maybe the best solution is for our club   to make its own tests  ?    surely  it would be in the interests of the club to winkle out   the druggies ?   if those players test positive   they should be fined  enough that it hurts  , and the FA informed ( not that they`d do much ! )   [:|]

There should be  an entirely independant   organisation   to drug test players ,  but , lets face it ,  pigs might fly  ! [:(]