Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Joe Lewis and paul mcveigh

Good luck to Joe...

However, at first glance on the canaries website, its looks like we have a picture of some bird in our kit, not McVeigh.. Complete with Man-boobs an all! Very flatering... Well, thats cheered my boring afternoon up.

OTBC

can anyone answer te question, why does mcveigh want to look like a girl? is it because he plays like one?

Havent seen the picture but if I use my imagination and what you have said - it sounds like McVeigh is modelling himself after A) Miriah Karey B) Miss Piggy, most of the time I find it hard to distinguish between the two anyway!!! What a muppet!

Good Luck to Joe Lewis, Iv''e always been impressed when I''ve seen him play for the reserves.

As for McVeigh, shame really because I used to think he was a quality player many moons ago but guess he''ll be released at the end of the season which will give him the chance to make a fresh start elsewhere.

imho McVeigh once had the footballing world at his feet.. on his day he ws the best player at the club and was capable of turning a game in our favour... he was the reason we got Cardiff...

how the mighty have fallen.. shame

jas :)

Good luck Joe,he needs to play regular football and hopefully now he will get his chance, excellent move by PG.

Paul Mcveigh, what has happened?

We all seem to be saying the same things about him, he has lost the great support he had. I used to really enjoy watching him play football. Does he realise whats going on on this board about him, he must do. Last week he was warming up in front of the snake pit with the other subs and hardly got a ripple of applause, Dion took the piss out of his hair behind his back. So he must realise that the fans are not with him anymore, his hair is a problem but really is only a symptom of what has happened to the guy.He has lost the support of the crowd by his behaviour off the field and his lack of spark on it.

I hope he does well on loan but really only so that he goes.

Bye WLY

good luck to both.  WLY needs a new challenge thats for sure.  he''s still a fantastic natural talent, and despite some lukewarm displays of late, i''m betting on him to come up with the goods at burnley.  he saved worthy''s neck at crewe last year remember. 

I''m gutted we''ve let him go, I feel we could of got a lot more out of him. The hairband never bothered me...put money on it that a few posters here will be eating their words after a few turnouts at Turf Moor...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

imho McVeigh once had the footballing world at his feet.. on his day he ws the best player at the club and was capable of turning a game in our favour... he was the reason we got Cardiff...

how the mighty have fallen.. shame

jas :)

[/quote]

It''s a real shame Jas I agree.  He is such a clever player and is by far the most (football-wise) intelligent player we have at the club. 

The biggest shame is that you just know that if Andy Hughes had the same level of ability as Mcveigh he would be making much better use of it.  In fact I would say he would be a regular performer in the Prem. 

McVeigh is finished at City unless a loan stint can some how shake him up, he needs to be more commited and work harder.  Saying that it''s not all of his own making, for a while under Worthy he would find himself dropped for others no matter how well he was playing.  I can understand why he lost motivation.  However, Worthy is gone and he was given a fresh start and he has not taken it, in fact he has got worse.  At least he performed last season. 

What happened - he hasn''t played! This season he''s been used exclusively as a sub for Croft on the right wing!

A more rational explanation could go back to last year when having rediscovered his best form been given a new contract scored six in eight apparently back in Worthy good books - then Worthy signed Earnshaw someone Mcveigh could''nt possible form a strike partnership with. He probably thought THANKS A LOT mate I saved your job. With Worhty still in charge he did''nt give pre season the respect it deserved coming back overweight and out of form. When Worhty was eventually sacked he wasn''t in a position to capitalise on this due to being overwieght and having no match practice  due to the reserve situation. This boiled over into frustration against Cardiff with the sending off.

The only thing I can say apart from good luck to one of the best players we''ve had in recent season (Good Luck Squiz) is can we afford to offload players of McVeigh ability.

I agree with most of the posts, most people agree that Paul McVeigh has the talent and that he hasnt always been treated fairly, BUT he is aprofessional sportsman, it is his job (and damn well paid as well) to not be overweight!  Lack of moral fibre and self discipline will lead him down the same path as Mulryne and Rivers.

And to think that McVeigh was, at one at time at least, probably one of the most skilful players at the club, what a waste - I think the landlord of Delaney''s is gonna miss him! He was our top scorer too, in 2002-03.

As for Joe Lewis, I''ve never seen him play a full game, but I''ve heard loads of good things about him, so I hope we keep hold of him. We''ll definitely need a good replacement for Gallacher[;)].

And just think, if there''s no Marshall/Warner or both, he could actually be our No1 next season....

Well done to Grant for again seeking to give our promising youngsters competitive first team experience.....this is a big step forward from Worthington

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

What happened - he hasn''t played! This season he''s been used exclusively as a sub for Croft on the right wing!

A more rational explanation could go back to last year when having rediscovered his best form been given a new contract scored six in eight apparently back in Worthy good books - then Worthy signed Earnshaw someone Mcveigh could''nt possible form a strike partnership with. He probably thought THANKS A LOT mate I saved your job. With Worhty still in charge he did''nt give pre season the respect it deserved coming back overweight and out of form. When Worhty was eventually sacked he wasn''t in a position to capitalise on this due to being overwieght and having no match practice  due to the reserve situation. This boiled over into frustration against Cardiff with the sending off.

The only thing I can say apart from good luck to one of the best players we''ve had in recent season (Good Luck Squiz) is can we afford to offload players of McVeigh ability.

[/quote]Fair point, he has often in the past come on as a sub and done really well, then started the next game and not really performed. I think Grant sees him as he is, a very good player, but if he is not able to motivate himself then perhaps a change would do him good.

Seems like a good idea to give both players a chance to prove themselves again at first team level. Joe Lewis needs the experience if he is going to develop. While McVeigh is probably playing for a move in the summer, and good luck to him. A talented player like McVeigh shouldn''t be wasting his ability.