Sign in to follow this  
Savenell

Martin Half Scottish

chris martin is half scottish but said he would rather play for england. wouldnt he have a better chance getting into the scotland squad then the england squad. with the likes of rooney, walcott and many other good english forwards will he ever play for the england a team?

He obviously believes in himself and feels he is good enough to play for england some day. Apart from Rooney, we dont have that many good strikers, I mean we took Crouch to the world cup.  

If you were in the same situation as Chris where the only link to Scotland was your dad. You''d never lived in scotland and grown up in England as an Englishman would you really want to play for Scotland? International football is something that is ruled by the heart and not the head... although watching the England team recently might not actually reflect that.

It is entirely up to him which international set-up he wishes to go for, he will have been aware of the teams he qualifies for ....... Perhaps he views it less cynically than which squad will be easier to get into ....... but then again england, no goals in umpteen matches and floundering and Scotland heading the group, mmmmm!!!!!! ...... It''s all about who you identify with, personally as the son of a Glaswegian I''ve always supported Scotland and would have wanted to play for them if I''d been a sportsman ...... Good luck to the young lad either way ......

Do you think Ryan Giggs regrets playing for Wales now? When clearly he could have been an England legend. In Martins case, it shows his intention, he wants to win things long term, unfortunately for both Norwich and Scotland the long term is elsewhere... but hey, let''s enjoy our time with him before he becomes a mega star.

i see no proof to suggest that england is the better choice. they are highly overrated and will never really achieve anything from where im standing - scotland are topof their group, look like qualifying (unlike england) and show some passion for their country. I know which id choose, im english and id still rather play for scotland!

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]If you were in the same situation as Chris where the only link to Scotland was your dad. You''d never lived in scotland and grown up in England as an Englishman would you really want to play for Scotland? [/quote]

Tony Cascarino anyone?

he was about as Irish as Maradonna

jas :)