Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

4000 crowd last night! WOW.

Is that some kind of British/world record for an u16 match?

Considering that u16 virtually never play on the home pitch/stadium.

I heard from a friend it was pretty nippy last night as well.

I wonder what the crowd would have been if it was a bit warmer.

A huge crowd and just shows the kids what a club they play for.

Forget all the negative talk of recent weeks, which I must admit is falling away a little, (are you reading Smudger?) this great football club is on the up.

EIEIEIO up the football league we go!!

The 4000 that went were richly rewarded. The committment of the youngsters was there for all to see, as they started the game with a few naughty tackles, before settling down to play some excellent football.  Both sides went for it, and appeared to be thoroughly enjoying it. I was hugley impressed with the team as a whole, and several individuals, took the eye with excellent perfomances. The centre forward Davey, although he didnt score, looked lively and was a thorn in Celtics side all night, while stephens, a central midfielder, and of the same height and build as Dickson Etuhu, plays in a style reminiscent of Huddlestone of spurs, and looks not dis-similar either. The left back Yong was another who caught the eye, as did the left winger Adeyemi. The centre Maclean also took the eye too a big commanding presence. All of a sudden the academy appears to have got its act together, and just possibly, the start of a conveyor belt is being glimpsed. Bear in mind that the year above this group, about 6 players were playing international football.      

Well I went along (one of my last games to watch before moving into exile once more.....) and it was top notch entertainment.  As someone else said, it was a bit on the cold side but the crowd was larger than I had imagined.  The club must be proud of such an attendance.  We sat in the Barclay and it was full of youngsters who obviously played for teams.  Great sense of community. 

The football itself was of the highest quality played with the greatest of sportsmanlike behaviour by both teams.  They were a credit and I only wish the primadonnas of top clubs could have witnessed it all.  Great attacking flowing football from both sides, and richly entertaining.  I was impressed, it''s the first time I have seen these players and they if some of them make it to the first team we won''t have too much to worry about in the future.

We are one of the most loyally supported teams in the country...I was proud to be there on Friday night, well worth a fiver.  Well done to those who organised it all.

Good to hear from you again Gazza,  I hope you & Meeky are both well.

What are you views on the club at the mo?  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Good to hear from you again Gazza,  I hope you & Meeky are both well.

What are you views on the club at the mo?  

[/quote]

What about your views Zip?  Late January has been and gone you know!!??!!