Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

anyone know anything about - bbc rumours page?

Norwich are giving a trial to 37-goal Jon Main, who plays for Ryman Premier League club Tonbridge Angels. (News of the World)like how old he is?  interesting that the club are hunting these players, as long as look at top clubs as well, i dont mind.as so far they seem to have got it right, lappin 75k, looks a real bargin!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Mainno age listed however - 6 hattricks this season - so much better than his current level.

A few more rumours like this would go a long way to quieting somewhat dissident supporters like me. I''m sure plenty of us would be much more tolerant if we saw a move to seek out promising kids instead of the old "under achieving" types Worthington seemed favour. Paying out wads on journeymen is the lazy way...finding budding prospects on the up is the "Norwich" way.

Bring it on I say...and if only one in fifty came up trumps....we''d all be happy at least knowing the club were getting back to grass roots again.

Main returns from Wolverhampton
Star striker and Ryman League top scorer Jon Main has returned from his trial with Championship side Wolverhampton Wolves. In an interview in the Courier it stated Wolves believed Main was not ready for the Championship but could possibly make the jump after a season or two in the Conference or League Two.

Source: http://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/

This is great news to me.  I have nothing against giving trials to non-league players.  We have seen the money that we have spent in the past on league players that have had no impact for us whatsoever, so if we can get some decent players cheaply, that would be very good business.

I also note that we are suposedly looking at Lee Kerr from Whitley Bay.  We are apparently hoping to give him a trial after Easter -

http://www.fansfc.com/norwichfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=163983

I live only a few miles from Whitley Bay so I may go to their home game against Shildon on Tuesday 3 April to see what he''s like.

Hi all, finally gotten around to signing up for this forum, regular visitor but non-contributor until now...According to the official Tonbridge Angels FC site... Main was considered not good enough by Wolves?http://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/

Depending upon how the trial goes, why not sign him for a small fee and then loan him out to a lower league Club, say League One, to get experience. If he does well, then great, if he doesn''t then we can sell or release him and we''ve lost only a small fee and an accumulated low-level wages for however long he''s a City player for.

Would rather this than a smiliar situation to that of, say: Peter Thorne.

[quote user="Anderz"]

Depending upon how the trial goes, why not sign him for a small fee and then loan him out to a lower league Club, say League One, to get experience. If he does well, then great, if he doesn''t then we can sell or release him and we''ve lost only a small fee and an accumulated low-level wages for however long he''s a City player for.

Would rather this than a smiliar situation to that of, say: Peter Thorne.

[/quote]

100% agree, not much risk for a possible large reward.

Loaning him out gets another team to pay his wages. Have the contract so he can be recalled if we need him.

Because of lack of finances our only hope is trying to pick up these untried/untested propects and hope they come good.

As already stated if you buy 5 of these players (at 10K-100K) and one turns out to be quality its more than worth it. 

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Welcome aboard MS!! What is the picture in your avatar by the way?[/quote]

I was wondering that!.