Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

PLEASE DON'T SELL McVEIGH

On the issue of Paul McVeigh, I do kind of think that if he joins Burnley on a permanent that he would be a loss. Now I know McVeigh is hardly part of the first team but for me in my opinion. He can still do a job, the problem is fitting him into the team, how can you fit him in the team? - his best position is as an attacking midfielder just behind the strikers or as a striker i mean when you think about it thats where he played best for us scoring 14 goals one season.

What Peter Grant has to do in order to fit McVeigh in is to rotate more, by giving him his fair share of games, at least half. The problem is do you drop Martin or Huckerby when they are playing so well, you would think not. But then if you really want McVeigh in the side then surely you have to consider it. Why didn''t McVeigh get into the team whilst Croft was injured, he should of been playing instead of Hughes. Hes made 15 apps as sub I mean AS SUB isn''t good enough so he needs to start in order for him to really perform at his best level, if McVeigh starts games for us then I think we will see him play better.

The 04/05 season is an example of when he didn''t play much 3 starts and 14 apps as sub. Also this season 06/07 season he hasn''t played enough which is why we haven''t seen the best of him. So Grant if you the best out of McVeigh start with him regularly.

Heres 2 possible ways we could use McVeigh. We could have him as a striker playing with Martin upfront, but then I wouldn''t want to drop Huckerby. Or we could have him as a second choice left winger and that would probably mean Huckerby playing as a striker more.

SO COME ON GRANT PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU GET RID OF A GOOD PLAYER, PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

mcveigh is a passenger now im afraid, he was given countless chances under Worthy and threw them back in his face...Grant sees wee paul in training every day and knows what he can and cant do.

the mcveigh of the playoff season is gone and wont ever come back, we now have an overweight puffer who has let himself go too much.. time top ship him out im afraid.

jas :)

why not sell McVeigh when we can replace him with something much youngerand betterwith a higher prospect than what McVeigh has?

McVeigh is no longer improving, or maintaing his standard anymore, he has dropped far behind par

The old McVeigh is gone, and i''m sad to say it''s time to move onMcVeigh used to be one of my favourite players, now; to be honest, i can''t wait to see the back of him

Good luck at Charlton Paul!

He''s been hanging around too long, he''s not hardly looked bothered in the last few years, with sporadic decent performances. He needs a fresh start, whether that''s at Burnley, Charlton or on a new Shelia''s wheels commercial.

Time to go Mcveigh.

He hasnt looked any good since our promotion season, but I know he can be a good player either he picks up his game or he packs his bags.

The voice of the Thorpe Area; I could not have put it better myself.  The guy is lazy.  He has done absolutely nothing in the last few years.  I''d rather have 11 Andy Hughes'' in my team than 11 Paul McVeigh''s.  The quality might not be there but the passion, commitment and work rate certainly are.

We won''t miss you Paul McVeigh 

time for him to go ,no good saying what he did 2 or 3 years ago its what he is doing now what matters and that is not a lot .if ever a player looks stale it must be him ,need fresh hungry players that walk off the pitch dripping in sweat giving there all, does not sound like mcveigh to me......bye

Thankyou Peter Grant, let''s get rid of Paul Mcveigh - just a hint for your next club Paul, lose some weight and get a bit fitter for next season mate lack of proffessionalism does not look good on a CV 

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]

The voice of the Thorpe Area; I could not have put it better myself.  The guy is lazy.  He has done absolutely nothing in the last few years.  I''d rather have 11 Andy Hughes'' in my team than 11 Paul McVeigh''s.  The quality might not be there but the passion, commitment and work rate certainly are.

We won''t miss you Paul McVeigh 

[/quote]

Then you would have a team of Sunday League footballers on your hands then!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Then you would have a team of Sunday League footballers on your hands then!!!

[/quote]Have you seen McVeigh play this season?Have you seen Hughes?No?Well you won''t mind if I disregard your worthless opinion on this then (or any other on-field Norwich matters)You, by your own admission know nothing, because you don''t attend matches.Run along now.

I''m sure that Grant has decided that its time to let him go and I think thats the right decision.

He hasn''t been consistant, he''s been lazy and I can''t see him ever being first choice.

Shame because I think he has the talent but just hasnt put it to good use.

According to the article on the pinkun homepage about Charlton being after McVeigh it states that he is 25?  Yet his dob is 06/12/1977. 

Sell him and get someone younger.  And if we can convince Charlton that PMV is 25, maybe we will get more £££''s for him.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]

On the issue of Paul McVeigh, I do kind of think that if he joins Burnley on a permanent that he would be a loss. Now I know McVeigh is hardly part of the first team but for me in my opinion. He can still do a job, the problem is fitting him into the team, how can you fit him in the team? - his best position is as an attacking midfielder just behind the strikers or as a striker i mean when you think about it thats where he played best for us scoring 14 goals one season.

What Peter Grant has to do in order to fit McVeigh in is to rotate more, by giving him his fair share of games, at least half. The problem is do you drop Martin or Huckerby when they are playing so well, you would think not. But then if you really want McVeigh in the side then surely you have to consider it. Why didn''t McVeigh get into the team whilst Croft was injured, he should of been playing instead of Hughes. Hes made 15 apps as sub I mean AS SUB isn''t good enough so he needs to start in order for him to really perform at his best level, if McVeigh starts games for us then I think we will see him play better.

The 04/05 season is an example of when he didn''t play much 3 starts and 14 apps as sub. Also this season 06/07 season he hasn''t played enough which is why we haven''t seen the best of him. So Grant if you the best out of McVeigh start with him regularly.

Heres 2 possible ways we could use McVeigh. We could have him as a striker playing with Martin upfront, but then I wouldn''t want to drop Huckerby. Or we could have him as a second choice left winger and that would probably mean Huckerby playing as a striker more.

SO COME ON GRANT PLEASE BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU GET RID OF A GOOD PLAYER, PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

McVeigh is talented player there is no doubt about it.  I have said so many times before that he is the most intelligent footballer at the club and still remains one of my favourite players to watch when he is on form.  Problem is he has not been on form all season.  You can point to the fact he has been badly treated (and he has!) but that does not excuse the fact that he is overweight and seemingly lacking any motivation at all.  Does he have no personal standards?

Although I don''t agree with DDIM in that a team of Hughes'' would be better, the example of Hughes attitude is good one.  Hughes has been dropped from the squad all together at times, been booed often by his own fans yet when he gets another chance he does his best to take it.  If Hughes had McVeigh’s ability he would be making much better use of it, in fact he would probably be a regular in a Premiership side as opposed to a bit part player for City who has gone on loan to Burnley.

The problem with McViegh is that he appears to be comfortable where he is, happy to pick up his pay.  The likelihood is that if leaves he will probably be great somewhere else but I don''t think he can stay here just because of that.  He looks stale and dis interested and unfortunately I don''t see that he can stay unless a stint on loan bucks his idea''s up.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="BRAVEHEART"]

[/quote]

McVeigh is talented player there is no doubt about it.  I have said so many times before that he is the most intelligent footballer at the club and still remains one of my favourite players to watch when he is on form.  Problem is he has not been on form all season.  You can point to the fact he has been badly treated (and he has!) but that does not excuse the fact that he is overweight and seemingly lacking any motivation at all.  Does he have no personal standards?

Although I don''t agree with DDIM in that a team of Hughes'' would be better, the example of Hughes attitude is good one.  Hughes has been dropped from the squad all together at times, been booed often by his own fans yet when he gets another chance he does his best to take it.  If Hughes had McVeigh’s ability he would be making much better use of it, in fact he would probably be a regular in a Premiership side as opposed to a bit part player for City who has gone on loan to Burnley.

The problem with McViegh is that he appears to be comfortable where he is, happy to pick up his pay.  The likelihood is that if leaves he will probably be great somewhere else but I don''t think he can stay here just because of that.  He looks stale and dis interested and unfortunately I don''t see that he can stay unless a stint on loan bucks his idea''s up.

[/quote]

I agree with much of what you say Saint Canary. But I''m not sure McVeigh has been that badly treated I just feel that after we signed Hucks it was impossible to fit him into the team. His best games for us were probably playing wide left where he would cut in and score or cross the ball for others. (Like the song say''s "cross the ball and we score").

Hamilton signed him but never played him. Worthy played him wide left a couple of games into the 01/02 season and he was soon crossing balls for the likes of Libra and Roberts to score. The fans really took to him and he became a real favourite. He scored important goals and when Iwan was injured he played a more central role with Nielsen. He had a great game in this position in the play off final, and who will ever forget his headed goal against Wolves in the semi, it really was one of my favourite goals. The following season he was a fixture in the side and was our top scorer with 15 goals and also 9 assists although he could never nail down a place in his preferred central position. He began our promotion season up front with Nielson but as the loan signings changed the team he stuggled to find a position and he found a place on the right but after the signings of Svennson and McKenzie the loan signing of Cooper he ended the season out of the side. In our Premier season he had to battle with the likes of  Bentley and Jonson for a place in the side.

IMO McVeigh has never been an option as a striker but could play well in a system where he plays just behind the front two, however that''s not a system we play. His best games have been on the left, crossing the ball and cutting inside to score. Huckerby took that position from him and he has never really been able to make another position his own.