Sign in to follow this  
Rotherhithe Canary

FANTASY FOOTBALL MATCH

This is an interesting debate I had with some friends recently and thought I would extend it to this forum due to the new sense of actual interesting discusson opposed the months of playground squabbling, if you could choose any football match in the history of the game to be at, which one would you choose? would you go for the most prestigious match, best atmosphere or most historic?, here are my choices:

• England vs Germany, 5:1 victory in germany''s back garden would have been magnificient to be a part of.
  • Liverpool vs AC Milan, 3:3 the champions league final, great comeback, fantastic atmosphere amoung the travelling kop.
  • England vs Greece, 2:2, for the sheer eruption of old trafford at Beckhams free kick and the resulting qualification celebrations.
  • Man Utd vs Bayern Munich, 2:1, again for the pandamonium at the two late goals.
  • England vs Germany, 4:2, winnning the world cup, at wembley, against germany, need i say more.
  • Scotland vs France, 1:0, the scots really know how to celebrate a win.
  • Norwich vs Man Utd, 2:0, just for the look on gary nevilles face.
  • Norwich vs Bayern Munich, 2:1, possibly our greatest match in our history? also nice to beat the germans again, )a common theme me thinks...)

well i was was gonna pick england 5-1 germany but as i read on it got harder and harder so just because its the ultimate prize in football, i have to go for the world cup victory

1) England 4 - 2 Germany

2) Liverpool 3-3 AC Milan

3) England 5-1 Germany

man u 2 : bayern 1

no contest, witness the most dramatic comeback ever in the history of football and the team that won the treble!

Either the ''66 world cup final or us beating BM in their own back yard. I wouldn''t have gone to the Manure final if you''d paid me - if it was any game involving that bunch of w**kers it would be when we beat them 2-0 and I was at that one anyway[:D].  

Nice thread...I probably wouldn''t be too bothered about the 5-1, I''ve got a copy on some News of the World DVD and we were mostly shite... we had 5 shots on goal and simply took them... The atmosphere would have been great though!Was at the 2-0 against Manure and also the 4-4 against Boro, so mine would be:1) England 4 Germany 22) Liverpool 3 AC Milan 33) Norwich 1 Birmingham 1 at Cardiff

it would have to be the FA cup 1/4 final replay vs Southampton... that game had it all! goal mouth scrambles, 3 red cards, extra time, End to end action.. i was a boy when i went to that game.. id love to have a time machine and be able to stand on the barclay for that!

we were under the Kosh for that game after Razor Ruddock stole in with a free header past Walton, Big Rob Newman equalised with a volley from the edge of the box before sutton curled a header from a muffed Jerry Goss volley (?!) to win us the game.. maigcal stuff! i have got that on video... i was only 10 when that game took place but it will always be my favourite ever match

jas :)

Can''t believe i forgot the 4-4 with boro, great game, alsonotice little mention of big FA cup upsets, i think it would have been fantastic to be a part of a david/goliath game, especially a big pitch invasion at the end

Surely you have forgotten the historic match between england and israel just last week. football just doesn''t get any better.