Sign in to follow this  
ca

My Day At Cardiff

Because some of you know me quite well now I''m going to be really honest with you and tell you that I feel really down today.Cityangel, down, you''ll say she is always so positive,never loses her faith and is always telling us to trust her as everything will be ok,well we all have our off days and today is mine and this is why I''m down.
Got up at 5.30am yesterday for the long trip to Cardiff,full of excitement to see our boys get another 3 points and to see Hucks running at their defenders which makes me so happy. Had an easy 5 hours trip,no problems and took my place on the terraces to welcome our boys out.First problem,they didnt turn up for the first half,same as at West Ham and Ipswich game still keep smiling I tell myself we always come back after a half time rollicking.Second half much better but not good enough to win.It was pouring down with rain,freezing cold,took us an hour to get out of the carpark and then we sat in a 4 mile traffic jam on the M4 for hours and I arrived home at 12.45am ish very tired and really down.
My thoughts on the game,didnt turn up for the first half,francis was very poor,svensson missed a golden opportunity and we generally didnt look like a top of the table side.In my opinion, I think we need another striker to play with Hucks,Svennson and Leon I dont think, will be consistantly good enough,we need a another midfielder,I would still play Mullers everytime instead of Francis and we need to sort out what goes wrong in the first 45mins and quickly.
Sorry I''m not my usual cheerfull self,I havent lost my faith or my passion and will bounce back, I am just feeling a bit let down that I was there at 3pm to do my bit and my team didnt turn up until 4pm.A horrible day,A horrible result,horrible and nasty Cardiff fans and a horrible drive home,what more can I say.I know we are still top but even that cant bring a smile to my face today!

Before you slit your wrists CityAngel,

Weren''t we nine points clear of third before the run of three games against West Ham, West Brom and Ipswich (three of the toughest opponents we''ll face at home)? To have that same advantage after those tricky games and with games running out I''ll take that.

Cheer up - we''re renowned for being slow out of the blocks and having one shocking half and one good half. A mate at the game was appalled with our first half-hour on Saturday. Hopefully this will give the team another kick up the backside just like the Bradford defeat did. Play Hucks behind Leon and Mathias ''Rock n Roll'' Svensson on Tuesday and we''ll be flying again!

Hi Pete,
Dont worry I''m not that depressed,probably just tired and still a bit dissappointed.Agree we have a good advantage and if we beat Gillingham and West Bron beat Wigan on Tuesday night there could be a 12 pt gap from 1st to 3rd which is a great cushion.Will be glad when we have enough points in the bag so we can relax a bit,isn''t it stressful being top,not as stressful as being bottom, some of you will say.
Best Moderator, Peter you get my vote, lol

well said peter,i think many people, including myself, have bypassed that point - i would certainly have taken a lead of nine points after the last few games, after all i dont care how many we lose if we are nine clear at the end of the season

I can''t believe the whole day was spoilt by a 15 min rain storm!!!!

Think we need some monsoon training, maybe that is why we are going to Malaysia on pre-season tour.

Good to see so many of us at Cardiff though, was only expecting 1000, but there must of been more of us than that. Up the City!!!!!!!!!!!

also angel, remember we always play rubbish in crap weather! i remember the tranmere game in the fog years back. we all watched darren eadie disappear on a charging run into the murky fog followed by a big cheer. i still don''t know how anyone knew he''d scored! But we went on to loose 3-1. Also around that season, Barnsley on a freezing drenched tuesday evening, 3-1 defeat again. There are many more - anyone else remember any?

Add Palace away March 2004 to the list of bad results in terrible weather! And Wimbledon away 2004 actually - everyone else has spanked them at MK but we only managed 1 and a rare wonder goal at that, in conditions much like Saturday.

Now add to the "played badly in bad weather" list, Palace away March 04! Not to mention Wimbledon away when the weather was pretty similar and we only scored 1 rare wonder goal when nearly everyone else has spanked them good and proper in MK.