Sign in to follow this  
djc

Northern Ireland

What an excellent match to watch on tv last night.

David Healy was excellent, and his first goal was superb.

Its sad to think that we had him here on loan, twice in the same season and didnt manage sign him up.

Still, wonder what our recent N.I. players (of past) McVeigh and Mulryne were doing last night? Surely, a little different application from them both and may be they could have still offered something for their Country....

if leeds go down (which they will) then healy will be in demand.. snap him up Granty!

Dare i say it but are they now the UK''s number 1 nation ahead of England

Wins against spain, England and Sweden are not to be sniffed at... Proves a point to McClaren and his "premiership" big boys,.. most of the N.Ireland squad come from the lower divisions.. hungry for success!

jas :)

Hey Northern Ireland have one premiership regular: Keith Gillespie.

He was suspended last night however.

We also have 2 Aston Villa bench warmers.

[quote user="djcat"]

What an excellent match to watch on tv last night.

David Healy was excellent, and his first goal was superb.

Its sad to think that we had him here on loan, twice in the same season and didnt manage sign him up.

[/quote]

To be fair when he was here he didn''t really show anything special to make us want to sign him up.

Unusually he seems to be able to turn it on for country not club whereas England''s Lampard has the more common problem it seems .......

Looked very light weight during his time here.

Would you swap him for Earnie?

Niether would I.

He certainly seems to be on fire whenever he pulls on a green shirt for the Irish!!!

Anybody agree that Dave Nugent looked lively when he came on for England last night?

I thought that the he showed some great touches and would like to see him up against some stiff opposition...  imo he could be another answer to who play as England''s Target man if Deano and Crouch aren''t available.

I thought it was unbelievable how Hansen and Shearer managed to praise up Defoe & Dyer for their contributions as subs yet failed to barely mention Nugent.  Is it because they don''t have a clue what is out there outside of the Premiership???

smudger mentions "target man" thats 1966 all over again..

Football has evolved to the point that the target man is now a marginal figure.. a big hoof to his head or chest is not the answer.. get it wide and get the crosses in.. something that england dont do.

jas :)