Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Newcastle - Les Ferdinand

Les Ferdinand was on Soccer AM talking about the time Newcastle chucked away the title. He said it was down to the fact that they were so far ahead (11 points I think) that even when they started losing their mentality was "It''s ok we are still 8 points clear" and then "we are still 5 points clear" and before they knew it there lead had gone. This has a bit of a haunting echo after Worthy''s comments on Saturday evening. City at one point were 5 points clear of West Brom and something like 12 ahead of 3rd. Suddenly West Brom have caught us, our games in hand have gone and the gap is now 8 points to 3rd.

Come on lads, keep focussed, we must get out of this little wobble. I still think we can win our home games and a few points on our travels should see us home, but considering how nervy I am I can imagine what the atmosphere at Colney is like.

I can only agree - attitude must be crucial at this stage of the season - promotion won''t just happen. If we can just get 2 or 3 good, confident and consecutive performances under our belt, then I think City will start to believe in their ability again.

I must admit I am very nervous now, but a good 2 -0 victory over Stoke on Saturday woulf make me feel better. So, here''s hoping...