Sign in to follow this  
bread1

Call for mr Curbishley

There is only one man in my mind can get us our this caven we have fallen in to,and that man is Alan curbishley.Had no money to spend (much) at charlton but did wonders with wot he had,He went to West Ham Utd.(wot a mistake to make) medi club trying to get to big to soon.If we get this man here could the best thing we''ve had in years.Im talking the mike walker years.

So wot im saying is delia get this man in & mike walker be outside to collect all the trash in a skip.No disrepect to you Mr grant but you just aint got wot it takes.Its a pain in the a##e when your seasons all over at chistmas

oh for god''s sake!  You have to be joking, right? Grant has had very little time to get it sorted and IMO he is going in the right direction. BUT, wether he is or not you can not keep changing the manager just because the one you have has not waved a "Magic wand" and fixed it all in an instant. In the real world it takes time and some people on this board will not allow ANY manager to have time. Alan curbishly did not fix Charlton over night it took several years. So if he was given time and support by the Charlton board then so must the City board give their choice the time AND support to do the job they have employed him to do. By the way the Charlton fans were patient MOST of the time as well!!

How do you know that Grant hasnt got what it takes? Wait until next season befor you judge.

Curbishley - currently has a job ^o)

And...shutup :)

Hasn''t this already been said....like 8 million times.I cant even be arsed to go into the many many many reasons why AC will never be at this club and I cant be arsed to comment on your spelling and grammar, well I kinda just did.

Any manager would struggle with the team PG inherited, it was decimated on confidence and contained a lot of players in comfort zones. I have seen a lot of signs that things are starting to improve though and I believe once we get into a position where we are mathematically safe PG will try and continue the deforestation of the deadwood.

He needs to have an opportunity to train the players he wants through a pre season, only when we have seen a large part of next season or the season after will we be properly able to justify how successful PG has been.

The people who are suggesting Curbishley obviously have no thought about the concept of giving a manager time, if every manager in the country was sacked when they struggled a bit then every club would go through 3 or more managers in a season.

The last interview I saw with Curbishly he was a beaten man. Too many comfy years at Charlton and no stomach for a fight. I am now glad he did not get the England job as he is looking to be as useless as McLaren

No thanks.