Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Very poor Norwich City side

Unfortunately that it a pretty accurate description of the clubs season to date.  The majority of the squad is not good enought to compete at this level, and. some players clearly no longer care as they probably know they are not going to be around next season.

Grant''s biggested challenge will be trying to get rid of the clubs garbage (i.e. Drury, Shackell, Doherty, Thorne, Safri, Etuhu, Hughes, McVeigh, Gallacher, Henderson)  during the summer. 

[quote user="USA Canary"]

They think we are very, very poor...

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/0900cardiffcity/tm_headline=alexander-the-great-a-bluebirds-saviour&method=full&objectid=18741997&siteid=50082-name_page.html

[/quote]

By all accounts so were Cardiff, who are in the playoff places and won the game with a deflected shot in the first 3 minutes...

But, over the season, we certainly haven''t been very good.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Unfortunately that it a pretty accurate description of the clubs season to date.  The majority of the squad is not good enought to compete at this level, and. some players clearly no longer care as they probably know they are not going to be around next season.

Grant''s biggested challenge will be trying to get rid of the clubs garbage (i.e. Drury, Shackell, Doherty, Thorne, Safri, Etuhu, Hughes, McVeigh, Gallacher, Henderson)  during the summer. 

[/quote]

You would think, wouldn`t you , that those players  that  know they`ll be out on their ears  this summer  , would  , at least ,  make some effort  before they go ?   if only  to enhance  their chances  of being employed next season ......  if only in the conference [:''(]

Be  careful what you wish for, they will all be replaced with scottish reserves and non league players, fills you fill of excitement dont it.

Sorry mbncfc, take it from someone who was there on Saturday - we were very, very poor.Cardiff were not great - surely that makes it all the more annoying that we didn''t take advantage? If we''d played like we did in the first half against Derby  we may well have got something out of the game. Instead, we conceded an early goal thanks to a poor clearance and defensive chaos as much as a deflection (which makes it sound like it was an unlucky break).Don''t kid yourself, we were pants![:(]

I was also there on Saturday and thought that our second half performance deserved a draw and could have got a win with a bit more luck, as we were definitely the better team in that half, but started slowly in the first. Cardiff were very poor quality(no way will they go up!!) and were obviously worried, as they were blatantly timewasting in the last 15 minutes by running the ball into the corners.  I was pleased with Etuhu who I thought had a reasonable game and put in some good tackles. 

[quote user="jetstream"]Sorry mbncfc, take it from someone who was there on Saturday - we were very, very poor.

Cardiff were not great - surely that makes it all the more annoying that we didn''t take advantage? If we''d played like we did in the first half against Derby  we may well have got something out of the game. Instead, we conceded an early goal thanks to a poor clearance and defensive chaos as much as a deflection (which makes it sound like it was an unlucky break).

Don''t kid yourself, we were pants![:(]
[/quote]

Fair point on the deflection Jet, I quoted it for effect.

I am not kidding myself though, I know we are and have been poor this season...

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

How can you include Shackell, Drury and Safri as the gabage, they all very good players, who without we would be bottom 3.

Etuhu needs the love of the fans and the acceptence that a bad mistake will net get everyone on his back

Fact we have seen in glimpses of his obvious qualities, and some love to this player could potentially make such an impact on his peformances and the teams.

Etuhu + Fans unconditional love + world class

"Cardiff were very poor quality(no way will they go up!!) and were obviously worried, as they were blatantly timewasting in the last 15 minutes by running the ball into the corners. "

I disagree, Remember when we stuck away a last minute Paul McVeigh goal at Bradford in our play-off season, our first shot of the game.  To get to the play offs requires that you have a couple of decent runs in the season, Cardiff managed this at the start of the year and are battling for those places now..  In the play offs themselves anyone can go up depending on who is on form at the time. 

As for city, defensively we are a total shambles, have been for almost 3 seasons now.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I disagree, Remember when we stuck away a last minute Paul McVeigh goal at Bradford in our play-off season, our first shot of the game.  [/quote]

You are so right CJF. We were cr@p that day, probably worse than at Cardiff on Saturday. But we sneaked that result and that was when we really started to believe. It was a great atmosphere walking out of that ground. At this stage in the season it''s all on results for the playoff contenders.

we arn''t a great team, but i wouldn''t say we''re poor either, obviously we could have played alot better on saturday but i think on our day we''re a decent side.

The clubs garbage....

Thorne was, McVeugh was, Doherty was, Gallacher not sure, Henderson not sure, but how about Drury, Shackell and Safri? You must be joking!!!!