Sign in to follow this  
andy laz

lack of birmingham support

Do Birmingham fans really deserve a team which is on the brink of a return to the premiership ? well i dont believe so .The total number of  fans who turned up last night to cheer there team on was i guess about 700 -800 , i know it was a tuesday night but it is at worst a 3 hour journey for them.If the boot had been on the other foot im sure we would of taken at least 3000 away to birmingham .This season there attendances have averaged 21500 where ours for a indifferent season has been 24500 only derby and sunderland have a greater averages .Was steve bruces comments ive got to pay tribute to the norwich supporters who i thought were a credit to the club . They wre right behind their side  all night and made it a difficult place to come to .They were superb ,and i take my hat off to them.Was that a dig at his own supporters who i heard ring in to talk sport after canary call had finished  slating steve bruce for his choice  of captain defenders ect ect .As far as im concerned i would like them to do a wolves and mess up because they dont deserve a team who are were they are in the league OTBC

shocking support! its a short journey!

what made me laugh is that they are sponsored by flybe as well! couldn''t they have got a cheap flight? i have never used the service but im guessing it cant take more than 20 minutes to get here in the air? they could of bought at least 2500.

jas :)

Yes a rather poor following for a top of the table side at this stage of the season. They really ought to be able to pull in bigger home gates than 21,000. I don''t see why this should make them undeserving of promotion though,as its winning games that gives you 3 points. You get nothing for a 25,000 gate.

They seemed to be very one dimensional without McSheffrey and they had a typically mean (Steve Bruce) type of defence. The back four looked like giants compared with our forwards. Its disappointing to think they will probably go up when we have done the double over them.

However the table does not lie at this stage of the season and they have won twice as many games as they have lost so good luck to them I say.

Birmingham fans are the exact opposite of ours. On another thread I said that I was proud of the way our fans supported the team last night and how they have remained loyal despite the poor couple of seasons we just had. In contrast Brum fans jumped ship after relegation and I heard the club lost 40% (8,000) season ticket holders.

Steve Bruces glowing praise of our fans last night was I''m sure a backhanded swipe at his own, who although hold every chance of a quick return to the Premier League, have never really got behind the team this season.