Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

I Think We are Safe Now...

I don''t want to talk it up, but- I think we are safe now. Ten points clear of the bottom three with a game in hand on some teams below us. We''ve hit the dizzy heights of 15th and I like what Grant is doing. The players worked really hard for the cause last night and we look like we have a decent squad. Next season could be an interesting...

We need 6 points from the remaining 9 games.

Plus there are now 6 teams between us and the relegation zone.

I expect us to be ok now... Let''s beat Stoke - we owe them one...

I never doubted we would be safe! Well...... maybe for a few seconds when the goalkeeping jinx struck again with Marshall!

But seriously, we have never been in this so called relegation scrap we have only ever been on the edge looking like we could be dragged in.

It''s important now to try and finish well in order to set out a marker for next season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"].

It''s important now to try and finish well in order to set out a marker for next season.

[/quote]

Agree with that Nutty.  We are playing for pride now and we will see how much pride the players have.  The worst thing that could happen is that the players identified say two games to win and then put their feet up.  We need to finish this season by stringing a good run of results together to provide confidence and something to build on going into next season. 

We need to hit the ground running next season because I would envisage this league being fairly strong from the look of the teams that are likely to be coming down and bearing in mind how competitive it is proving this season.

Alot of the players need to play for a place in any team next season,

especially those coming to the ends of their contracts.  A good

end to the season to bump the asking prices of our players up a bit

would be useful as well.

This league should be fairly strong, but not as strong as this year, unless you want 1st spot:

I can see loadsa money West Ham walking it (unfortunately) if they

don''t sell too many players, even then they can buy more.  I think

Watford coming down won''t be as good as any of the three that go

up.  Chalton should be playoff contenders, but will have much more

difficulty replacing players than West Ham.  If Leeds get

relegated then compared to this year you replace one team that should

have been chasing auto pormotion (at the start of the season) with one

that is just trying to avoid relegation.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

The secret is out "mbncfc" is Gary Docherty!!!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Buggers... another one of my covers blown... [:''(]

Alas, I wish I was. But to be honest, at the end of the day, I don''t know as many cliches as ol''doc...

I don''t think we''ll need as many as 6 points, but we clearly want as many as we can get - that is the general idea of league football after all, and it really would be a poor run-in if we only got that many.

My prediction before the Luton game (14 games left with us on 38).....when Smudger had us finishing on 47pts, I''m sure I recall?!...was for us to finish on 58pts, and we are already 4 ahead of where I expected us to be right now.  We are clearly on a pretty reasonable run and long may it continue, it can only give the players confidence - a shame it came a month or so too late for us to have aspirations of mounting a play-off challenge.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I don''t think we''ll need as many as 6 points, but we clearly want as many as we can get - that is the general idea of league football after all, and it really would be a poor run-in if we only got that many.

My prediction before the Luton game (14 games left with us on 38).....when Smudger had us finishing on 47pts, I''m sure I recall?!...was for us to finish on 58pts, and we are already 4 ahead of where I expected us to be right now.  We are clearly on a pretty reasonable run and long may it continue, it can only give the players confidence - a shame it came a month or so too late for us to have aspirations of mounting a play-off challenge.

[/quote]

Agreed Branston. Something else I have wanted to mention is it has been quite a few games (Chelsea excepted) since we lost by more than one goal.

It is a given that a loss is a loss, and I''m not about to start celebrating the fact we''re almost drawing, but it would be wrong if the improvement made in our performances since January wasn''t acknowledged - something which can be attributed to the introduction of Jim Duffy which I think was an excellent signing by Grant. Enthusiasm and experience in one partnership.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Alas, I wish I was. But to be honest, at the end of the day, I don''t know as many cliches as ol''doc...

[/quote]

why would u wish u were Gary "oops" doherty! wish u were Dion Dublin, solid, reliable, and 25000 people love u!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="mbncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

why would u wish u were Gary "oops" doherty! wish u were Dion Dublin, solid, reliable, and 25000 people love u!

jas :)

[/quote]

£$£$£$£

but if I''m getting the option, Chris Martin please... got it all ahead of me [:D]