Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Season ticket sales on the rise

Hopefully my use of  English, is acceptable to everyone on this message board. I agree the point of the message is the content NOT how it is written....

It is surprising that so many people renew their tickets, given the pityful results served up by the "team" this year.I think you are right until the numbers drop the board won''t be bothered..... But fans will always want to support the team, bad results or not. Which includes me! While I do not hold a season ticket, I go to matches when I can.

Perphaps Norwich fans are eternal optimists, always hoping next season will be better!!!!!!

Last year there were 2200 Fans on the waiting list at this time (myself being one of them) and this was capped at 2200 as the club would of exceeded its allocation of season ticket holders.This year there are only 1185 people on it, which in my opinion shows a reduction in interest of new support.

Thinking hypothetically here, Say the club (expecting a slump in renewal) has processed the renewals faster than last year to achive a similar or even bigger figure to publish to the local media, hence making it look like there is as much if not more interst in the club and hence maybe encouraging others who were debating whether or not to renew/get a ticket to either renew or join the waiting list through fear of missing out?

[quote user="dickyst220"]

Hopefully my use of  English, is

acceptable to everyone on this message board. I agree the point of the

message is the content NOT how it is written....

[/quote]

how does one judge the message except by the content?

Well said Lincoln Canary. Of the hundreds of posts ive read over the last few months that is the most representitive of most people I know who follow Citys progress.

If the dross we have watched this season has created an increase in season ticket sales the current board will never have to step up the effort to get back in the premiership.I think they have just processed them quicker so they can announce this,hence people who have not renewed yet will think "well everyone else has renewed so i might as well" .Imho this clubs board has got more spin than the labour party

[quote user="jjohnny"]

If the dross we have watched this season has created an increase in season ticket sales the current board will never have to step up the effort to get back in the premiership.I think they have just processed them quicker so they can announce this,hence people who have not renewed yet will think "well everyone else has renewed so i might as well" .Imho this clubs board has got more spin than the labour party

[/quote]

Football??

I completely agree with Lincoln.  I personally have a 150 mile journey to each home game (weekday matches are a nightmare for me and I can''t go tonight), and know that, for example, all-in I could get a season ticket at Fulham or Chelsea (the closest league sides to where I live, within a 30 min busride) for less than it costs me to get to Norwich matches - but it wouldn''t occur to me to even think about it, at this point in time it is Norwich or no one simply because they are my side, nothing more nothing less.  The only reason this would change is if I couldn''t afford it (and it is tight this time out), or if my children decide to support one of their local sides, then I suppose I''d have to go with them - but I will do my utmost to get them to support NCFC (they are currently 2 and 4 months, and not really interested!)!

All that said, others have their own views and agendas, and they are as entitled to follow them as I am mine.

I can''t quite believe Jdungos''s idea - that NCFC is processing applications faster this season merely to say that more have renewed is a rather bizarre thought, and far more cynical than I can believe in!  I don''t recall hearing anyone complain about slowness of the ticket office in the past, indeed it is quite the opposite - and given that the cheap deadline has only just passed, it would surely be more likely that they would have tried to slow things rather than speed them up?!   No, for me it is a simple case of those who intend on renewing did so while it is cheap, nothing more - the test will be to see whether we sell the next 5000 seats now that the prices have gone up, as I doubt we will - but would that really be so much of a surprise?  [Answer = no, btw!!]

[quote user="1stwizard"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]"termily strupid"???? I do think if you are going to point such an accusatory finger Wizard, you really must try harder. Try reading the input from Cambridge Canary both in terms of logical content and good English as well.  [/quote]

Who gives a flying stuff if my English is good or bad..............its the message thats important. Ever since these message boards came into being, you have thrown insults like that at me, have I taken any notice of your posts?...................no!............unlike you, I base my messages on match going experiences.........not my grammer or lack of it. 

Thats the biggest drawback off this site, posters like you, skip the subject matter raised to score points, well done. Why don''t the moderators stop this................oh, I forgot...................they have other agenda''s as well!.

[/quote]

hehehe we both know it''s true don''t we Wiz?  Archant and NCFC sitting in a tree...  [8o|]

and some wonder why this site is so childish at times!!!  [:D]

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The sheep deserve everything they get... oh I am so looking forward to another season of prudence next year...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wwwwwwwwwwwwwww nnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

The sheep deserve everything they get... oh I am so looking forward to another season of prudence next year...

[/quote]

Stonking post Smudger.  The most fitting to date Baaaaaaaaaaaah none!       [Y]

This thread is proof, as if anyone ever needed it, that cluck, smudger and jjohnny can''t see good in anything. How can they talk about spin from the club and then post this drivel?? Pathetic!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This thread is proof, as if anyone ever needed it, that cluck, smudger and jjohnny can''t see good in anything. How can they talk about spin from the club and then post this drivel?? Pathetic!

[/quote]

You always seem to bring the best out of us don''t you NN. It''s a gift I suppose....but then maybe it''s because folk like you would even see positives in a nuclear explosion if it killed the weeds in your lawn. Some of us are...how can I say it....more realistic?

Pathetic is a strong word too NN....Cripes!        [:''(]              

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

obviously you are, if you werent you would have nothing to moan about.

go and renew at portacabin road

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You always seem to bring the best out of us don''t you NN. It''s a gift I suppose....but then maybe it''s because folk like you would even see positives in a nuclear explosion if it killed the weeds in your lawn. Some of us are...how can I say it....more realistic?

[/quote]

This was turning into an interesting and challenging debate over the nature of supporting and the reasons for the peculiar (in all senses of the word) loyalty of City fans.  You and Smudger have interesting and valid points to make on those themes.  It is a shame that you have brought it to halt with juvenile sheep insults rather than engaging with the issues because now, not only is the discussion at an end but you have alienated some posters and hence dissipated the authority of your view point.

Yours in sorrow and definately not anger 

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This was turning into an interesting and challenging debate over the nature of supporting and the reasons for the peculiar (in all senses of the word) loyalty of City fans.  You and Smudger have interesting and valid points to make on those themes.  It is a shame that you have brought it to halt with juvenile sheep insults rather than engaging with the issues because now, not only is the discussion at an end but you have alienated some posters and hence dissipated the authority of your view point.

[/quote]

I thought Smudger had made a valid point personally......Baaaah   [:)]        

I''m not mr potato head wrote:

Have I missed something? I thought 1st Wazzock had left the board forever, just a few days ago.

You''ve missed nothing Mr P, like many on here, you just didn''t read my original post carefully enough, and wishfully assumed the rest!.

[quote user="1stwizard"]

I''m not mr potato head wrote:

Have I missed something? I thought 1st Wazzock had left the board forever, just a few days ago.

You''ve missed nothing Mr P, like many on here, you just didn''t read my original post carefully enough, and wishfully assumed the rest!.

[/quote]

That thread seemed to disappear into thin air! But anyway, you''re here, and at least you have a sense of humour. Sometimes[;)]

Ive renewed all my season tickets, despite hanging it out until deadline. The whole saturday (or Tuesday) thing is so deeply ingrained in my family life that i couldnt countenance anything else on a Saturday, and my kids certainly wouldnt. Cant deny that the recent upturn has whetted my appetite for football, and im actually enjoying Carrow Road again, the last two home performances are what its all about. I dont however, see my renewal as some tacit approval of the board, it isnt, the last two seasons have shown the board in a particularly bad light, and tarnished my view of them collectively and individually for ever. Its a case of love Norwich City - loathe the board. I for one would be delighted if the Canaries were bought by investors and their potential was realised. Its a difficult balancing act, on one hand political decisions involving distaste for the way business is being condicted - on the other hand, desperately wanting many more great days with the kids watching our local football club. Its not black or white.      

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Smudger had made a valid point personally......Baaaah   [:)]        

[/quote]

oh don''t Cluck... my sides are splitting so much I nearly wet myself and followed through!!!

[quote user="charlies dad"]Ive renewed all my season tickets, despite hanging it out until deadline. The whole saturday (or Tuesday) thing is so deeply ingrained in my family life that i couldnt countenance anything else on a Saturday, and my kids certainly wouldnt. Cant deny that the recent upturn has whetted my appetite for football, and im actually enjoying Carrow Road again, the last two home performances are what its all about. I dont however, see my renewal as some tacit approval of the board, it isnt, the last two seasons have shown the board in a particularly bad light, and tarnished my view of them collectively and individually for ever. Its a case of love Norwich City - loathe the board. I for one would be delighted if the Canaries were bought by investors and their potential was realised. Its a difficult balancing act, on one hand political decisions involving distaste for the way business is being condicted - on the other hand, desperately wanting many more great days with the kids watching our local football club. Its not black or white.      [/quote]

I have empathise with your situation CD... it must be very difficult to explain to younger siblings that you no longer really feel like attending games because of the manner in which the club is being run....  If your kids still enjoy their day out and you would rather spend your money at Carrow Road than somewhere else then of course I can see where you are coming from.

Why not teach your kids the ''Delia Out'' songs to sing when things don''t improve at next years home matches though???

as at the time of this posting a quick analysis of this topic.

total replies 50

relevant to the topic   30   (20 positive views v 10 negative views)

irrelevant to the topic 20

it seems the longer any topic is discussed the more irrelevant posts occur

just an observation from a supporter a long way from home wishing he could watch the canaries live from timt to time.