Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Peter Thorne: I'd have liked to stay at cardiff

Bloody idiot..

''Norwich City''s forgotten man Peter Thorne has admitted he would have liked to have been part of the rebuilding job done by Cardiff City manager Dave Jones.

Thorne was sold to the Canaries in the summer of 2005 after the Welsh club could not afford to pay the player''s wages but the veteran striker conceded that he would have liked to have stayed at Ninian Park if circumstances had been different.

Jones has since stabilised the Welsh club along with chairman Peter Risdale and the Bluebirds are in the running to make the Championship play-offs following their 1-0 victory over Norwich at the weekend.

Thorne admitted that, while he is pleased to see his former club doing so well, he would have liked to have been part of Cardiff''s recovery over the past two seasons.

“Dave Jones has done a great job at Cardiff, and when I look back I do think it would have been nice to have been part of a new era under him there.

“But that''s football for you. Sometimes you''ve just got to move on and, with the financial problems the club were experiencing, I had to move on when I did.”

The 33-year-old scored 51 goals in 132 starts for Cardiff but has endured an injury nightmare in his time at Carrow Road - most recently injuring his thigh in the 2-1 defeat to Preston North End in February.

It was originally hoped that Thorne would be able to rekindle his Cardiff strike partnership with Robert Earnshaw at Norwich but, while the Welsh international''s Norwich career hit the ground running, Thorne has been left kicking his heels on the sidelines thanks to injuries and losses in form.

However, Thorne was quick to acknowledge the impact that Earnshaw has had before a groin injury interrupted his quest to top the Championship goalscoring charts.

“I saw on TV the other day that Earnie is still fourth top scorer in the Championship, which isn''t bad considering he''s been out since the start of January.

“He''s made a huge impact at Norwich and any team is going to miss someone who bangs in goals like he does.”

First of all, i question the point of him stating how he''d have liked to not be here, but somewhere else instead. I have no idea, maybe someone with a dimwitted football player mind might want to suggest why :P

Also, why does he say "Any team is going to miss someone who bangs in goals like he does". By "miss", i assumed he meant leaving cardiff, but he''s talking about what he''s doing at norwich for us, so does he know something we dont?

thanks,

hogesarrr

I think we all agree with Peter Thorne we would have liked him to have stayed at Cardiff. The man has been a complete parasite and done nothing for his money.

Hogesar,

I''m pretty convinced Mr Peter was simply referring to Earnie being injured since January. Nothing else.

As for Peter himself, I think he will leave with a whimper. What an immensely disappointing signing. Maybe Stoke will have him back??...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Hogesar,

I''m pretty convinced Mr Peter was simply referring to Earnie being injured since January. Nothing else.

As for Peter himself, I think he will leave with a whimper. What an immensely disappointing signing. Maybe Stoke will have him back??...

[/quote]

Beat me to it, mbncfc. If you read the article it does mention Earnie''s injury in the preceeding paragraph before his quote...

Thorne will obviously be off, shame we couldn''t see his form from his younger days.

I think he''s trying to say that Norwich are missing his goal-scoring during Ernie''s current injury. Which seems to be stating the obvious. ( I was pleased when the ball went in the net)Don''t read to much into it.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]I think he''s trying to say that Norwich are missing his goal-scoring during Ernie''s current injury. Which seems to be stating the obvious. ( I was pleased when the ball went in the net)Don''t read to much into it.[/quote]

Oops.. I didnt read too much into it, i didnt read it properly. Hence me not noticing he was probably referring to the injury..

hogesarr

i wish he had stayed at cardiff as well ,then we would be about £8000 a week better off .You cant have forseen his constent injuries before he signed ,just shows we would have been better off giving mathias svensson the extension to his contract he was after rather than going down this route OTBC

Not being too nasty to Peter, but he''s been a waste of money, he''s done nothing for us and I wish he''d stayed at Cardiff too.

Come Summer and he''ll be lucky to get a contact at Oldham....

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="mbncfc"]

Hogesar,

[/quote]

Beat me to it, mbncfc. If you read the article it does mention Earnie''s injury in the preceeding paragraph before his quote...

Thorne will obviously be off, shame we couldn''t see his form from his younger days.

[/quote]

agreed. his record in the past had been impressive and i could see why we took a punt on him.. sadly it was too late in his career.

I wish him well to be honest.

jas :)

...........and the 2007 ''Dean Coney'' award for services to NCFC goes to .............

I would have loved him to stay at Cardiff and would even offer to drive him back there, he has been a total wasted effort!! £6000 A WEEK has been quoted, whatta waste of money!!!!

[quote user="ricardo"]25,000 people would have to agree with your comments Peter.[/quote]You''re forgetting all those that dont go to games, they all feel the same surely aswell....hogesarrr

Whilst he has turned out to be a very poor signing I would agree with Jas as he was worth a punt on a free - I suspect the hope was that he could have done a similar job to that done by Iwan in the promotion season i.e back up to a fit and firing Ashton & McKenzie. Sadly it just hasn''t worked out for him, mainly because he can''t get out of bed without injuring himself. If he can get fit then he may well do a job in league 1 next year for someone.

I agree that Throne hasn''t made any sort of impact since he has been at Carrow Road. 

However, in his defence, what he may have said is not necessarily what the paper has chosen to print.  The EDP  also regularly produces articles from ex-Norwich players saying how wonderful the club is and how much they enjoyed there time here and Thorne''s comments about Cardiff are no different.