Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

who else saw this when Martin was subbed?

3 men sitting in the directors box all got up in unison and left...one of them was wearing what looked like one of those grey Chelsea Jackets, the other 2 were in suits

Could they of been scouts? it would explain why they got up and left..... they wont sit around when the person they are watching has no job to do...

one of the "suits" immediately got a mobile out and clamped it to his ear when making his way down the tunnell....

make of it what u will...

jas :)

There were possibly scouts from 10s of different teams there, watching all the players. Just cos you spotted one, means nothing. What do you think scouts do?

Would Norwich really allow scouts in the directors box? I know we''re an odd club at times, but I really don''t think so!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]

Would Norwich really allow scouts in the directors box? I know we''re an odd club at times, but I really don''t think so!

[/quote]

Why not, hopefully then the clubs would afford our scouts the same hospitality.  After all we can''t stop the scouts, and by allowing them in we know who we are dealing with, better than not knowing.  Also if it is chelsea then we can add an extra zero or two to the price.

I didnt see that Jas but what I did see was as soon as Martin''s number went up, the whole ground (bar the 13 birmingham supporters) shot straight up and gave him a hugh standing ovation. I thought that was an excellent show of appreciation from everyone last night and would have given the lad a huge boost.

I know we normally clap most players off the pitch but this was just extra special and really caught my eye when I saw everyone jump straight up.

Also, I hope that was a scout from Man USA or Chelski because that means we might really have a great talent on our hands. How much did Southampton sell Theo for ? [:p]

I was sitting in the Directors Box last night (corporate hospitality with one of our Suppliers), three rows from the back, I was sitting behind Ray Clemence.  The only other notable people who were in the box were Mark Kinsella (I believe Charlton''s development coach), Tony Mowbray (West Brom Manager), Stewart Houston (is he still something to do with Arsenal?).  I didn''t see anyone untoward in the Directors Box scribbling notes, or wearing Premiership clothing.  I would imagine Mowbray was there to check on Birmingham as it there next home match, Houston (if still connect to the Gooners) was there watching Bentner and no idea why Kinsella should be there....probably seeing what standard of Football Charlton will be playing against next season!

[/quote]

With our Directors taking up seats in the stands (allegedly)...there should be plenty of space for them there.

Well we allowed Steve Bruce and Eric Black to have two front row seats last week (i know cause i saw Brucie before the game)

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Matt Juler"]

[/quote]

With our Directors taking up seats in the stands (allegedly)...there should be plenty of space for them there.

[/quote]

With our season ticket holders not renewing their seats (alledgedly).... there should be plenty more space for the Directors.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Matt Juler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With our season ticket holders not renewing their seats (alledgedly).... there should be plenty more space for the Directors.

[/quote]

Let''s have less of the "allegedly" NN.            [:)]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Matt Juler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spelling was never my strong point, but I do know that you have to already have a season ticket to renew it [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Matt Juler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spelling was never my strong point, but I do know that you have to already have a season ticket to renew it [;)]

[/quote]

Now....is this the same fellow who protests so painfully when accused of having more "digs" at other posters than Time Team?

I thoroughly enjoy it so please carry on.....but there''s no mileage in this one I''m afraid.   [:)]

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

How many digs to Time Team have at posters?

C''mon be honest which one of you is Tony Robinson.

[/quote]

He he he. The all important difference is I admit it YR!      [:)]  

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

How many digs to Time Team have at posters?

C''mon be honest which one of you is Tony Robinson.

[/quote]

He he he. The all important difference is I admit it YR!      [:)]  

[/quote]

Important? No.

[/quote]  A work collague of mine used to scout for Blackburn, and yes he was invited in the directors box, and stayed behind afterwards for a coffee.