Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Player of the season? Who do you think?

Why don''t we do a West Ham and not have a player of the season cos no one was good enough! Or is that a bit harsh on Hucks, Dublin and Earnshaw?

I think it should be Darren Huckerby. If Earnie had stayed fit and got close to 30 goals I think it should have been him. But player of the season, for  me, is consistency over the whole season and that has to be Hucks.

I think Fleming probably was voted POS in 2004 because Hucks wasn''t there the whole season. Likewise Iwan ove Bellamy after injury struck.

I am suprised Safri hasn''t been mentioned. Whenever he plays well we seem to play well. i would still say Huckerby but thought Safri should still at least get a mention

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think it should be Darren Huckerby. If Earnie had stayed fit and got close to 30 goals I think it should have been him. But player of the season, for  me, is consistency over the whole season and that has to be Hucks.

I think Fleming probably was voted POS in 2004 because Hucks wasn''t there the whole season. Likewise Iwan ove Bellamy after injury struck.

[/quote]

If that was the case, then Malky or Greeno should have got it! I still don''t know how Fleming won.

i agree with you as i think that dublin should win player of the season but i think that hucks might get a few poeple voting for him aswell.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If that was the case, then Malky or Greeno should have got it! I still don''t know how Fleming won.

[/quote]

That''s a good point but I don''t remember much about it alex! Maybe the votes were so split and he nicked it? He played well that season though and was a mainstay of our side through some very difficult years.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah or Francis & Gary Holt and Iwan... all three of them were there all season... that''s five people that were at Carrow Road all season that should of been well ahead of Flem in the voting. 

This season (even though I wouldn''t know coz I haven''t been) surely it has to be either Hucks or Earnie.

Fleming deserved it. We had a fabulous defence that season and contary to popular belief it was our defence that built the platform for promotion. Numerous times we were lucky to come in at half time at 0-0 and it was due to an awesome defence but back to the matter. Im gonna go for earny, despite him being injured he''s been awesome this season and has shown he''s premiership worthy with some faboulous team and solo goals and good assists. Huckerby has picked up recently but i still feel that he''s had quite a few bad games which nearly compensate his quite fabulous performances.

Has to be Hucks. Dion has been immense and deserves second place and will probably take it with genuine gratitude and be chuffed. But whilst Dublin gives us leadership and confidence, Hucks gives us genius and magic.

It''d be interesting to see who''d win if Earnie was fit and on 25-30 goals!

Had Earnshaw continued he would have been a shoe in but since its player of the season rather than half-season I can''t diverge from the general view on here that old Dazza definitely gets it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i wonder what people would of said if he HADNT scored on tuesday.

jas :)

[/quote]

I would still be saying the same thing Jas.  Had Hux not scored on Tuesday he would still be in double for goals this year and would still be the player who has the most assists.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i wonder what people would of said if he HADNT scored on tuesday.

jas :)

[/quote]

I would still be saying the same thing Jas.  Had Hux not scored on Tuesday he would still be in double for goals this year and would still be the player who has the most assists.

[quote user="sket"]

chrissy martin, a revelation.

[/quote]

We are talking of player of the season not month, although he deserves that award probably.