Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Player of the season? Who do you think?

I think it should be Dublin... Even though he hasn''t had as many appearances as others, they have all been solid, 1st class performances.  Why give it to someone just because they have had more appearances if their performances have been average.  Dublin is an inspiration to the entire team (on and off the pitch).

Whos your pick as "Player of the Season"?

it really is a tough one this season as like you say i think people will be split between voting for a ''regular'' player or a player who has played well,  but perhaps hasnt played as much... huckerby and dublin being the two main examples.... or do you go for earnshaw who techincally has only played half a season but was without a shadow our best striker, which in most football awards an attacking player picks up the gong, for me though im going for huckerby, as he''s picked up where earnshaw left out and has got better general play then earnie

1) Huckerby

2) Dublin

3) Earnshaw

Its an easy decison - we only have one inspirational match winner and he continues to deliver this season,  anyone other than Hux is a travesty 

For Gods sake, it is DARREN HUCKERBY.

Why do we always get into this debate? The year we went up, it was Hucks that got us there and most people voted for Craig Fleming!!!!!

Huckerby is the best player we have had for years. Didnt anyone see him beat Birmingham on Tuesday?

Even now people sit around me in the Upper Barclay and moan at him for not defending. Unbelievable!!!!!

Without his injury then it''d be Earnshaw. Also, if Dublin had played more games he''d be pushing for the trophy too. But, in their absence, it has to be Huckerby really.

I don''t think it can be anyone other than Huckerby.  Without his goals and assists we would be a lot closer to, if not in the relegation zone right now.

For player of the season it should be the most consistant over all of that time.

He''s only missing when he''s injured. He has a quiet game yet still pulls out 20 seconds of match-winning genius.

Darren Huckerby has to be voted player of the season...

For the way that he has picked up the team after the injury to Earnie, it has to be Huckerby...

Fantastic effort...clearly he didnt fancy a last season in League One

Incidentally, he also should have won in 2004, by a street... 

There''s only one Darren Huckerby....

I would have said Earnshaw but how can you have a player of the season who''s only played half the season, poor guy!

Neon dion.

His arrival has led to an assured defence hence we can allow hucks to be more maverick knowing Dions behind him to mop up.

jas :)

It can only be Darren Huckerby

Vital goals in vital games and some absolutely awsome performances.

Nobody else can generate the excitement that he does when on the ball.

If you paid your money to see any City player in action, who would it be?

No Contest!

Darren, it will be a travesty if you don''t get it this season.

[quote user="cityangel"]Huckerby [:)][/quote]

Ther are two certainties in life. One is death. The other one is this post!"

has to be Huckerby doesn''t italthough if he was still fit, i''m sure Earnshaw would pip him to it.Martin will probably get a lot of votes too.

It''s surely Huckerby, I can''t understand why anyone would think different.

I know Dublin has done well for us...but lets face it...Hucks wins games.