Age 21-22 £79,000
Age 23-24 £79,200
Age 25-26 £136,000
Age 27-28 £261,850
Age 29-30 £247,000
Age 31-32 £247,000
Age 33+ £195,700
Average* £195,750

The Independent''s exclusive survey reveals the facts and figures of footballers'' finances
By Nick Harris

I should have married a footballer [:)]

hopefully we will give martin a little bit more than that!!he should go up at least 1 wage bracket.  a good stat though.  and thorne seems to have done well out of it!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Age 17-18 £22,500
Age 19-20 £43,700
Age 21-22 £79,000
Age 23-24 £79,200
Age 25-26 £136,000
Age 27-28 £261,850
Age 29-30 £247,000
Age 31-32 £247,000
Age 33+ £195,700
Average* £195,750

The Independent''s exclusive survey reveals the facts and figures of footballers'' finances
By Nick Harris

I should have married a footballer [:)]

[/quote]

Much better to have an innocent, ongoing "romance" with Huckerby angel. You derive lots of joy and none of the hassle that these boys undoubtedly take home with them on occasion.

On my birthday I ask any of you for these pieces of information.

According to that list how much should our squad be earning, and then how much according to the anual report IS it costing because I think some people will be a little surprised by the result.

Fascinating information Angel.

Further facts revealed in The Independent survey - average basic Championship salary is 195,750 per annum, and this figure typically rises by 60-100% when bonuses (including for actually playing) are added. 

We have about 30 players on the books at any one time. And let''s say our lot get on average 80% in bonuses in addition to basic salary. Then:

195,750 x 1.8 x 30 = 10,570,500

Now we can see clearly how our wage bill was over 9m last year.

The Independent survey also discovered that average Championship salaries have risen by 53% over the past 6 years. With what justification I wonder - given the minimal receipts from TV rights.

Average Prem salaries are approx 3.45 times Chump salaries.Thus, in constant money, we can expect an annual wage bill of 10,570,500 x 3.45 =  36,468,225 after we get promoted next season.

Well, there we are then.

OTBC

Looking at our age profile makes interesting reading, taken from this sites records.

To me this suggests that the profile is too skewed to the lower end for the club to be successful (average age 24ish) and shows that we only have a very small number of players in their ''peak'' years and before signing Fozzy & Lappin the numbers about to move into that space was too low.  

Taking on Chickens challenge this suggests a wage bill if we were an average club of £4m - this is probably wrong but I thought the last accounts showing players wages of £9m?   Lack of prudence or ambition in the wrong places?

Bracket                              Number of players

Age 17-18 £22,500                 6
Age 19-20 £43,700                 3
Age 21-22 £79,000                4
Age 23-24 £79,200                 3
Age 25-26 £136,000             4
Age 27-28 £261,850              5  
Age 29-30 £247,000             3
Age 31-32 £247,000             0
Age 33+ £195,700                3
Average* £195,750

A distinct correlation between earnings and cars they use (earlier post)...interesting stuff and IMO way too much...it should be a far less salary and based more on bonus to improve motivation.

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]A distinct correlation between earnings and cars they use (earlier post)...interesting stuff and IMO way too much...it should be a far less salary and based more on bonus to improve motivation.[/quote]I wonder if there is a correlation between their earnings and their carbon emissions...? [;)]I''ll get me coat...

I am all for rewarding sucess and excellence but some of these figures telephone numbers. Real match winners like Hucks can justify the cash as if we don''t pay it somebody else will, supply and demand. I have worked for my company for 15 years, spent 3 years at uni and yet a teenage championship player earns more cash. Why should I be bitter I had the choice but choose a real job!!

[quote user="chicken"]

On my birthday I ask any of you for these pieces of information.

According to that list how much should our squad be earning, and then how much according to the anual report IS it costing because I think some people will be a little surprised by the result.

[/quote]

Chicken

I think any comparison between what this  squad should be earning and the figures in the last financial report would be irrelevent. Those figures were for the year up to June 2006. Things are very different now.

How much do people think our top earners get per year?

I don''t know who these are? 

But I suspect the list to include - Huckerby, Earnshaw, Safri, who else?

How much per week?

I suspect the likes of Huckerby and Earnshaw are on £10,000 + per week.

I agree that Hucks and Earnie are our top earners and would guess at £12,000 per week.