Sign in to follow this  
ca

FAO Moderators

I''m not moaning, honest I''m not, because I know that you moderate the board after 6pm in your own time and on a Sunday too when you''re not working, which we all greatly appreciate.

But its very frustrating when theres no posts appearing for several hours like last night when there was nothing on after 6pm and this morning when theres nothing been moderated since 6am  and its now after 10.15am.

Are we any close to letting this board moderate itself and just using a swear filter etc etc or alternatively could not a couple of respected posters be given moderation powers so that the posts can flow more freely especially the night before a game and on matchday mornings?

These long lapses are so frustrating, but as I say I''m not blaming the Mods who do the best they can for us and often in their own time.

Cityangel,

I understand and sympathise with your comments and, yes, there is discussion about a non-moderated board or even using posters to moderate.

However, there is also a move to change our existing technology and software which will mean we will have to rethink the way we do things anyway.

When the latter is sorted, we''ll look at the moderation. However, we''ll see if there is a quick way round the problem in the meantime.

Cheers Pat... I hope you realise we all really appreciate the work you guys do, especially out of hours... it''s just a little disappointing sometimes to get in from a night out at 3am, switch on your laptop and find that nothing has happened since about 7pm... Oh well, something to look forward to in the morning... [:)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]

Cityangel,

I understand and sympathise with your comments and, yes, there is discussion about a non-moderated board or even using posters to moderate.

However, there is also a move to change our existing technology and software which will mean we will have to rethink the way we do things anyway.

When the latter is sorted, we''ll look at the moderation. However, we''ll see if there is a quick way round the problem in the meantime.

[/quote]

If you need any freelance moderators Pete. I work very cheap since I''ve been redundant.

lol

3 am posting would be awesome! however i feel it would really only appeal to the student following which i won''t be in a couple of months. I hate dissertations

I promise not to f*%*in'' swear, curse, use expletives and unsubstantiated slanderous or libelious profane language on this Archant s**t of a forum......If you make me a f***kin'' modulator.......

How a f***in'' bout it, eh? If you don''t let me be a modulater, I''ll let your tyres down on yez cars an'' take yer pocket munny off yez.........Yez been warned! And me dad''s hard as well!

Thankyou for your attention and interest.........I await your prompt reply.[8-|]

[;)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I promise not to f*%*in'' swear, curse, use expletives and unsubstantiated slanderous or libelious profane language on this Archant s**t of a forum......If you make me a f***kin'' modulator.......

How a f***in'' bout it, eh? If you don''t let me be a modulater, I''ll let your tyres down on yez cars an'' take yer pocket munny off yez.........Yez been warned! And me dad''s hard as well!

Thankyou for your attention and interest.........I await your prompt reply.[8-|]

[;)]

[/quote]

hehehe MELLO can you just imagine it?

What would Archant do?  Pick somebody like myself and Cluck to even up the exceedingly positive spin of Nutty and Yankee et al???

A board moderated by posters would be about the last straw in destroying the vey nature of this forum [N]

If I was pushed in to giving a name for a poderator however I do not think that you could find a much better person for the job than yourself MELLO.... somebody who despite holding quite wayward views themselves hardly ever seems to upset people on either side of the arguement (very rare indeed).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[;)]

[/quote]

A board moderated by posters would be about the last straw in destroying the vey nature of this forum [N]

[/quote]

Why its how 99 % of boards i use (carp fishing, F1 ) are worked and would be no problem at all.

This board needs to go that way to grow, its beyond anoying being treated like children, in so far as each post has to first be viewed by a moderator.

I have never seen this before and its one of the things that stops me posting on more threads.

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]

Cityangel,

[/quote]

Thanks Pat, if I can help at all please just ask.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Apologies, I went out Friday night for a mate''s birthday...[/quote]

Noone is expecting you to be around in the evenings to moderate Pete, you''re young and should be out having a good time.

But to move the site forward you need to start thinking about relaxing the moderation rules out of office hours somehow and if you do we all promise to be good [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Apologies, I went out Friday night for a mate''s birthday...[/quote]

Noone is expecting you to be around in the evenings to moderate Pete, you''re young and should be out having a good time.

But to move the site forward you need to start thinking about relaxing the moderation rules out of office hours somehow and if you do we all promise to be good [:D]

[/quote]

No, he should certainly not be out on the town/city havin'' a good time! He should be ambitious, and stay at home swottin'' and pushing himself to be Chief Editor of the Mile Cross mail..........There''s a future in Meejah!

I hereby offer my unbiased and "on the fence" moderation services to this forum.

I have several ideas to put forward....such as banning all posters'' under the age of 33 (Smudger must be admitted at all costs)....all women who have not cooked their husbands at least 4 Sunday roasts since February....and all supporters who have followed the club for 10 years or less....by coincidence the length of Squealia''s tenure at the club.

This I feel would bring a much more balanced viewpoint to the forum and stop the silly bickering that seems to go on when people think they are right.

I will email Archant today and trust you will all back my application.

Thank you.

Well the official Club messageboard seems to do ok without any pre-moderation of posts. The Meejah boys check the site during the day and remove any libellous posts and ban anyone cussing, swearing and threatening to kill other posters (I''m not kidding). Bans last a week or two (or more for serious offences)

There are issues with Ipswich fans ''spamming'' the board on a Saturday/Sunday when no-one is around to remove said threads but all in all it works pretty well and makes for a vibrant, fast-moving and lively forum.

Archant and the Club have similar responsibilities for content and the libel laws, but the club appears to take the view that these things can be removed within 24 hours or so and that is enough to cover themselves.

The BBC have recently effectively killed the 606 forum (and other BBC messageboards) with excessive pre-modding and posting times (you can''t actually post outside of certain hours).

Surely the point of these discussions is that they should be fairly immediate, reacting to ongoing games or events - even if no staff are around?

Install some swear filters and let it go!

[quote user="Cluck "]

I hereby offer my unbiased and "on the fence" moderation services to this forum.

I have several ideas to put forward....such as banning all posters'' under the age of 33 (Smudger must be admitted at all costs)....all women who have not cooked their husbands at least 4 Sunday roasts since February....and all supporters who have followed the club for 10 years or less....by coincidence the length of Squealia''s tenure at the club.

This I feel would bring a much more balanced viewpoint to the forum and stop the silly bickering that seems to go on when people think they are right.

I will email Archant today and trust you will all back my application.

Thank you.

[/quote]

lol!!

I just qualify then at the age of 34 - woo hoo!!