Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Fantastic gesture from a very nice club!

[quote user="Cluck "]

Pace is his game....so old legs and the inevitable niggling injuries will see him off.

[/quote]

Maybe so....but I''ll be amazed if it happens as early as next season

macdougall''s perm"

I just thought that I should add that I think NN is one of the most balanced and interesting contributors to this board and only resorts to any kind of sniping when severely provoked.

And, Cluck - Huckerby is next years likely reserve player.  I would also like you to explain why this is the case? Because it sounds like an absolutely preposterous suggestion to me considering the form he has shown recently!!!

..........................................

I would just like to add that I think macdougalls perm is one of the most unbalanced and uninteresting contributors to this board and resorts to all kinds of sniping even when not severely provoked. [:)]

And, macdougall - I''m glad you agree that Huckerby is next years likely reserve (see above) and it''s not just me. 12 months is a long time in the life of a 30 something footballer....especially one who has little else to offer other than pace. So his form today has nothing to do with what it will probably be like in 12 months time. You could become a father and have used up your paternity leave in less time than that......so a serious amount can happen in a year can''t it?

I''ve a feeling that Huckerby is nearly as precious as Lady Dee at CR these days. Back in Chase''s day though he''d have struggled to keep his place in the team in my opinion.

[quote user="Cluck "]

I''ve a feeling that Huckerby is nearly as precious as Lady Dee at CR these days.

Back in Chase''s day though he''d have struggled to keep his place in the team...

[/quote]

...because he would have sold him from under the manager''s nose within sight of £250k...

Cluck''s beginning to remind me of Donny Tourette on Never Mind The Buzzcocks... Look at me, I''m smoking a cigarette! Look, I''m swearing! Look, I''m sitting here with a sneer on my face because I''m a bloody punk, man, and I don''t need no one to tell me what to do.  Look, we''re bigger than the Sex Pistols, blah blah blah...Just replace those examples with "Look, first I was after Delia, now I''m slating Huckerby, those wacky environmentalists and women on telly... I''m just like, sooo naughty! Tell me off, someone, please! Someone? Anyone? Look at me! Look at me! LOOK AT ME!"Like a child banging their feet on the ground because no one will pay them enough attention unless they''re "naughty"... It would be endearing, if you were 12...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Cluck''s beginning to remind me of Donny Tourette on Never Mind The Buzzcocks... Look at me, I''m smoking a cigarette! Look, I''m swearing! Look, I''m sitting here with a sneer on my face because I''m a bloody punk, man, and I don''t need no one to tell me what to do.  Look, we''re bigger than the Sex Pistols, blah blah blah...

Just replace those examples with "Look, first I was after Delia, now I''m slating Huckerby, those wacky environmentalists and women on telly... I''m just like, sooo naughty! Tell me off, someone, please! Someone? Anyone? Look at me! Look at me! LOOK AT ME!"

Like a child banging their feet on the ground because no one will pay them enough attention unless they''re "naughty"... It would be endearing, if you were 12...
[/quote]

I take it you don''t agree with me then EM?....not even about women presenters on "Match of the Day"?

Oh well........back to Delia and the Board then.         [;)]  

[quote user="Cluck "]macdougall''s perm"

I just thought that I should add that I think NN is one of the most balanced and interesting contributors to this board and only resorts to any kind of sniping when severely provoked.

And, Cluck - Huckerby is next years likely reserve player.  I would also like you to explain why this is the case? Because it sounds like an absolutely preposterous suggestion to me considering the form he has shown recently!!!

..........................................

I would just like to add that I think macdougalls perm is one of the most unbalanced and uninteresting contributors to this board and resorts to all kinds of sniping even when not severely provoked. [:)]

And, macdougall - I''m glad you agree that Huckerby is next years likely reserve (see above) and it''s not just me. 12 months is a long time in the life of a 30 something footballer....especially one who has little else to offer other than pace. So his form today has nothing to do with what it will probably be like in 12 months time. You could become a father and have used up your paternity leave in less time than that......so a serious amount can happen in a year can''t it?

I''ve a feeling that Huckerby is nearly as precious as Lady Dee at CR these days. Back in Chase''s day though he''d have struggled to keep his place in the team in my opinion.

[/quote]I got to disagree with you there Cluck, macdougalls perm is evenly balanced, on account he has a chip on both shoulders - I wont hear of such nonsense!

O.K. Cluck , you say , "you have been so deflated by this club over a long perid of time" don''t you think thats all in the past? , can''t you look to the future , we have all been let down in the past , perhaps me more than most , but what is the point of the belly ache ? whats that saying " to forgive is divine", thats something to think about Cluck.

If everybody who posted on here only looked on the bright side of everything what sort of club do you think norwich would become.Would we all be happy seeing rubbish football?.Would we agree to sell all our best players?.How many chances would we give people before we got on their backs.Life isn''t as simply as that,i am desperate to see norwich back up where they belong but in all honesty i can''t see it happening in the next 3-5 seasons.If to forgive is divine when does it become time not to be divine and to speak up for what you believe,now,tomorrow or never?

I think we should all forget about the past, and act like mature adults and move on........

With a new board of Directors and Chief Executive.[8-|]

[quote user="ray ducker"]O.K. Cluck , you say , "you have been so deflated by this club over a long perid of time" don''t you think thats all in the past? , can''t you look to the future , we have all been let down in the past , perhaps me more than most , but what is the point of the belly ache ? whats that saying " to forgive is divine", thats something to think about Cluck.[/quote]

Good point ray...but where as I would readily forgive my sons and those around me for rather more heinous "crimes" than what is currently happening at CR.....we are talking about a business here....not an individual person. I have great affection for the club I have followed for 40 years....with the emphasis being on club.... not it''s current tenants. DS literally means nothing to me either way...but it seems her persona is bigger than the club itself these days...and I don''t buy that at all.

Going back over the years...this club was pretty much best known for it''s footballing principles, much like West Ham.  We didn''t win much it''s true...but everyone inside and outside of Norfolk knew that a Norwich City side would pass the ball and entertain....and personally I really enjoyed that image. After Ron Saunders set the ball rolling...we had a succession of colourful managers such as John Bond, Ken Brown, Dave Stringer and Mike Walker...all of whom kept the basic footballing principle at the top of the agenda at all times.

Now after 10 years what do we have? A succession of dull and dour managers whose personality is reflected on the pitch. Rioch...Hamilton...Worthington and now Grant....all dull and uninspiring....personally selected by this equally dull and uninspiring Board. Add to that the fact that our traditional footballing image has been lost to the celebrity smile of a tv cook....and the club becomes a mere shadow of what it was. We are pure kak....and quality football is no longer the prime purpose of our existence.

We don''t play attractive football anymore....and we have no ambition to become anything other than the "little old Norwich" DS and her cronies have skilfully manipulated. So no....I have no forgiveness for what has been done to my team and the City of Norwich itself. As I''ve said before...when DS clears off and we can revert to our roots once more I will be back and cheering with the rest.....but until that time arrives.....it remains in limbo as far as I''m concerned....and not the team that I have so much affection for.

Why hang around then? Because left to those currently calling the shots the club itself will die a slow death....but by waiting in the wings and objecting to some of the madness I read on here and elsewhere...I am at least keeping the spark alive. It remains as much my team as anybody else''s....and when things do improve (as they will)...those current doubters will see what the older fans were on about when watching regular decent football on a Saturday afternoon....irrespective of the scoreline.

So no forgiving the club 2007 style....but yes hoping for much better when the circus finally leaves town. Once a City fan...always a City fan....but never blindly. It''s NCFC''s job to earn our respect rather than demand it...and very much the latter is what is happening right now.

Anyone else find it infinitely amusing that Cluck says: "DS literally means nothing to me either way," and then goes on to dedicate the rest of his post, and indeed his signature, to personal digs at Delia Smith... gotta love that [:)]

grow up. you dont sound very much like a norwich city supporter.

and as for the first post - i think it is relevant to this forum, and to all norwich city fans. so i think that you and your friend are just looking for arguments.

you are the one making a mountain out of a molehill here.

I kind of hoped that this thread would reflect what this club stands for in the general scheme of all things football. What I''ve just read over the last three pages is fairly typical of nearly every single thread on here.

For crying out loud you lot, just bloody grow up and take your arguments elsewhere.

Note to moderators: How on earth you pass personal sniping posts is beyond me. Most forums would block the amount of personal insults on here. By all means allow a vigorous conversation regarding matters of the club, but you just seem happy to let this sort of stuff fly. By removing or editing the posts, you remove the need for reply thus defusing the situation.

OTBC

"Grow up you don''t sound like a norwich supporter",here we go again 2 wins in a week and all is forgiven.I suppose you have all got your calculaters out thinking we can still make the play offs

[quote user="jjohnny"]"Grow up you don''t sound like a norwich supporter",here we go again 2 wins in a week and all is forgiven.I suppose you have all got your calculaters out thinking we can still make the play offs[/quote]i''m sorry mate but 4 wins in 6 is showing we are improving. You can be a depressive but you need facts to force it on others. It is easily visible we are improving, maybe it is you that should get out your calculator and actually add up we have 12 points from 18 and the teams we lost against were top and 7th away. It suggests your gloominess is very much wrong

sorry ,but i have had all the optimism kicked out of me in the last 2 seasons.Then again hopefully we have turned the corner,prehaps we can look forward to a top ten finish next season!

[quote user="jjohnny"]sorry ,but i have had all the optimism kicked out of me in the last 2 seasons.Then again hopefully we have turned the corner,prehaps we can look forward to a top ten finish next season![/quote]Thats more like it sunshine! I love you again[:D]

[quote user="the son of doc"]well said. a little bit of optimism and faith in your club goes a long way. perhaps you would like to apply that sometime jjohnny?[/quote]

Guess it must the dummy talking here. Mind you I wouldn''t be too happy with a sheeps'' hoof shoved up my backside either......[:)]

Baaaaaaaaah.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Cluck''s beginning to remind me of Donny Tourette on Never Mind The Buzzcocks... Look at me, I''m smoking a cigarette! Look, I''m swearing! Look, I''m sitting here with a sneer on my face because I''m a bloody punk, man, and I don''t need no one to tell me what to do.  Look, we''re bigger than the Sex Pistols, blah blah blah...[/quote]Absolutely spot on. Nail/head/hit.Car crash tv. So reminiscent of the way Cluck keeps digging and digging even when he''s clearly in a very big hole indeed.

[quote user="jjohnny"]sorry ,but i have had all the optimism kicked out of me in the last 2 seasons.Then again hopefully we have turned the corner,prehaps we can look forward to a top ten finish next season![/quote]

I''m still hoping for a top 10 finish this season jjohnny! [Y]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Cluck''s beginning to remind me of Donny Tourette on Never Mind The Buzzcocks... Look at me, I''m smoking a cigarette! Look, I''m swearing! Look, I''m sitting here with a sneer on my face because I''m a bloody punk, man, and I don''t need no one to tell me what to do.  Look, we''re bigger than the Sex Pistols, blah blah blah...
[/quote]

Absolutely spot on. Nail/head/hit.
Car crash tv. So reminiscent of the way Cluck keeps digging and digging even when he''s clearly in a very big hole indeed.

[/quote]

Herb.....This once again shows why you and a few other youngsters on here will never be on the same planet as me....until you have finally grown up and have a family/home/career/responsibilities of your own. Only then will you understand that there is rather more to life than NCFC 2007 style..... and  "Never Mind The Buzzcocks".

We''ve all been there....and in time you too will move on....no doubt suitably embarrassed about how you reasoned as a kid, like the rest of us.  Enjoy it guys....as it doesn''t last too long out there in the real world.        [:)]

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Cluck''s beginning to remind me of Donny Tourette on Never Mind The Buzzcocks... Look at me, I''m smoking a cigarette! Look, I''m swearing! Look, I''m sitting here with a sneer on my face because I''m a bloody punk, man, and I don''t need no one to tell me what to do.  Look, we''re bigger than the Sex Pistols, blah blah blah...[/quote]Absolutely spot on. Nail/head/hit.Car crash tv. So reminiscent of the way Cluck keeps digging and digging even when he''s clearly in a very big hole indeed.[/quote]

Herb.....This once again shows why you and a few other youngsters on here will never be on the same planet as me....until you have finally grown up and have a family/home/career/responsibilities of your own. Only then will you understand that there is rather more to life than NCFC 2007 style..... and  "Never Mind The Buzzcocks".

[/quote]Yeah, and childish biccering on a virtual message board eh cluck?

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]No, once again you come across as a patronising scrote because you know nothing about me, or my home, responsibilities, family or anything else.Now stop trying to make it personal, because I''m quite happy with all the things you mention, the fact you attempt to use such matters for petty point scoring says a lot about you.Maybe its time you learned theres more to life than being the village idiot for a football messageboard and spent some time with your wonderful family?

Scrote is such a wonderful insult, it should be used more often... my mate''s Mum was in The Bill a few years ago and got to scream the line "His dog bit me, the old scrote!" Pure genius... [:)]

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Cluck''s beginning to remind me of Donny Tourette on Never Mind The Buzzcocks... Look at me, I''m smoking a cigarette! Look, I''m swearing! Look, I''m sitting here with a sneer on my face because I''m a bloody punk, man, and I don''t need no one to tell me what to do.  Look, we''re bigger than the Sex Pistols, blah blah blah...
[/quote]

Absolutely spot on. Nail/head/hit.
Car crash tv. So reminiscent of the way Cluck keeps digging and digging even when he''s clearly in a very big hole indeed.

[/quote]

We''ve all been there....and in time you too will move on....no doubt suitably embarrassed about how you reasoned as a kid, like the rest of us.  Enjoy it guys....as it doesn''t last too long out there in the real world.        [:)]

[/quote]

hehehe what like Muffin the Mule and The Magic Roundabout???

Life is pretty simple for some people Cluck...  While some realise that there is a very large world out there full of problems but also all sorts of fascinating people and fascinating things... others will remain in their own blinkered little world, in their own blinkered little village, with their own blinkered little values until they finally pop their clogs aged 93!!!

Don''t you sometimes wish that you could live with that half of society???

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

No, once again you come across as a patronising scrote because you know nothing about me, or my home, responsibilities, family or anything else.
Now stop trying to make it personal, because I''m quite happy with all the things you mention, the fact you attempt to use such matters for petty point scoring says a lot about you.
Maybe its time you learned theres more to life than being the village idiot for a football messageboard and spent some time with your wonderful family?
[/quote]

ooh I say.... you seem to have hit a raw nerve their Clucky boy!!!!  [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

others will remain in their own blinkered little world, in their own blinkered little village, with their own blinkered little values until they finally pop their clogs aged 93!!!

[/quote]I don''t know who came off worse in that one, but something tells me it was Smudger and Cluck... [:S]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]No, once again you come across as a patronising scrote because you know nothing about me, or my home, responsibilities, family or anything else.Now stop trying to make it personal, because I''m quite happy with all the things you mention, the fact you attempt to use such matters for petty point scoring says a lot about you.Maybe its time you learned theres more to life than being the village idiot for a football messageboard and spent some time with your wonderful family?[/quote]

[/quote]I personally believe since the introduction of Simon Amstell, Never Mind the Buzzcocks has retitalised itself to its early hay day as one of the top comedy panel shows on TV.Just thought that would help the arguement

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Oh, wondered when you''d turn up. When the organ grinder is trolling, his monkey is never far behind.Nice try, but no cigar for you today.