Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Fantastic gesture from a very nice club!

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I personally believe since the introduction of Simon Amstell, Never Mind the Buzzcocks has retitalised itself to its early hay day as one of the top comedy panel shows on TV.[/quote]I always liked Amstell (in the non-biblical sense, of course) but after the Donny Tourette episode I have a new-found respect for him as a comedy genius! He and Bill Bailey tore the "punk" knobhead to shreds, then the next week made "Preston" walk out of the show... if for nothing other than those two pieces of outstanding genius, Amstell has my utmost respect!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

others will remain in their own blinkered little world, in their own blinkered little village, with their own blinkered little values until they finally pop their clogs aged 93!!!

[/quote]

I don''t know who came off worse in that one, but something tells me it was Smudger and Cluck... [:S]
[/quote]

Ask your mum when she tucks you in tonight EM........[:)]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Smudger"]

others will remain in their own blinkered little world, in their own blinkered little village, with their own blinkered little values until they finally pop their clogs aged 93!!!

[/quote]I don''t know who came off worse in that one, but something tells me it was Smudger and Cluck... [:S][/quote]

Ask your mum when she tucks you in tonight EM........[:)]

[/quote]She''s hundreds of miles away in Norwich, so I''ll have to make do with yours...

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

Herb.....This once again shows why you and a few other youngsters on here will never be on the same planet as me....until you have finally grown up and have a family/home/career/responsibilities of your own. Only then will you understand that there is rather more to life than NCFC 2007 style..... and  "Never Mind The Buzzcocks".

[/quote]

No, once again you come across as a patronising scrote because you know nothing about me, or my home, responsibilities, family or anything else.
Now stop trying to make it personal, because I''m quite happy with all the things you mention, the fact you attempt to use such matters for petty point scoring says a lot about you.
Maybe its time you learned theres more to life than being the village idiot for a football messageboard and spent some time with your wonderful family?
[/quote]

I''ve worked very hard at my "village idiot" image Herb...but unfortunately you and a few others haven''t sussed that out yet.  There is no smoke without fire I''ll admit (apologies there to the global warming campaigners)....but don''t take everything soooooo much to heart. Remember I''ve got two teenage lads of my own and know just how you think....and just how to get you going.           [:)]

Oh..and "Scrote" is indeed a nice term....and I thank you for adding this to my growing list of insults. Two more and I can send off for a teapot.

Cluck, you really are a patronising old git aren''t you?

Age does not necessarily equal wisdom, there are plenty of stupid old people out there.

Oh, and just putting a smiley on the end of it doesn''t make it any better.

Argue a point, for sure, but do us a favour and leave off the personal jibes (eg ''sheep'', baaahhh) and you might win some converts to your cause instead of alienating everyone.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck "]

Herb.....This once again shows why you and a few other youngsters on here will never be on the same planet as me....until you have finally grown up and have a family/home/career/responsibilities of your own. Only then will you understand that there is rather more to life than NCFC 2007 style..... and  "Never Mind The Buzzcocks".

[/quote]

No, once again you come across as a patronising scrote because you know nothing about me, or my home, responsibilities, family or anything else.
Now stop trying to make it personal, because I''m quite happy with all the things you mention, the fact you attempt to use such matters for petty point scoring says a lot about you.
Maybe its time you learned theres more to life than being the village idiot for a football messageboard and spent some time with your wonderful family?
[/quote]

ooh I say.... you seem to have hit a raw nerve their Clucky boy!!!!  [;)]

[/quote]

Aye Smudger....it''s always nice to be popular!          [:)]

Now....did I, or did I not see that episode of the Bill where somebody''s Mum aparently said "scrote"? Guess I''ll just have to whizz through my boxed set to find it....or I won''t sleep tonight.........      

I had better not post anything now or i might get thrown in the cluck and smudger bracket.But then again i think i might all ready be in it so here goes.Why does it only take a few wins for most people to go over board,once again the board will be given another chance next season .The long term ambition of this board isn''t promotion its keeping norwich a so called NICE SMALL CLUB.I grew up watching top flight football and should still be watching it now.For all you younger posters look up ken browns last 10 games in charge before he was sacked.You need to be far more ambitous than you are,would the current board have sacked brown?

Interesting comparisons to make jjohnny.

The 10 games before Ken Brown was sacked produced 7 points, 2 wins and a draw. The first 10 games last season produced 9 points, 2 wins and 3 draws. Worthy''s record is better but in truth it''s not very different. In the 10 games before Worthy actually was sacked we actually got 11 points with three wins and 2 draws. But those are just the facts of the results. In truth it wasn''t just results why Ken Brown was sacked, he fell out with Robert Chase. I was at the extra-ordinary meeting at St. Andrews Hall that followed where Chase survived a vote of no confidence. There was a lot of  "politics" at the time and Ken Brown was close to a guy called Harry Serryus? (I think.) My memory of the whole thing is a bit hazy now! Maybe some of the other older posters remember more.

The first 10 games of the Premiership season yielded just 6 points, 6 draws and 4 defeats but there weren''t too many people calling for the managers head. Some people now point to that being the time changes should have been made. At the time we were playing well though and the fans were reasonably happy.

What makes you think this Boards ambition doesn''t include promotion? Of the three sides relegated in 2005 ours has possibly invested most on players. I may be wrong but I am judging this on the sales of Ashton, Crouch, Walcott and Johnson and how that money was spent. If all three are in this league again next season it will be interesting to see which one copes best with the loss of parachute money.

I have no idea if the present Board would have sacked Ken Brown. I remember the usual "Club is showing no ambition" taunts when Chase appointed David Stringer though!

I don''t think the Board see us as a nice little club either. Maybe they do compared to the top Premiership Clubs but they would be right in that. We are not a small club in the league we are in now. There are some bigger but there are a lot smaller!

I like us being nice!!

I don''t mine being nice ,the problem is we are sometimes to nice,giving worthy to long may have set us back 3 years imho

[quote user="jjohnny"]I don''t mine being nice ,the problem is we are sometimes to nice,giving worthy to long may have set us back 3 years imho[/quote]

but it helps the ever growing fanbase amazingly. the charity work norwich city have done for people and how generous they have been to my cousin and other people with disabilities is something very rare in football nowadays. something that ipswich does very little.... believe me, i come from ipswich! i know first hand they do not do things like that lightly, wheras norwich are so happy to help people out and make their fans happy. id say norwichs niceness is one of its biggest assets personally!

Every growing fanbase!Whatever planet do you come from,apart from the die hard i don''t know anyone who supports norwich.I have 2 sons aged 14 and 18 they support chelski and arsenal.I done everything i could to make them support norwich but all i got back was"they are rubbish " or "they never win anything" imho apart from the championship winning year norwich''s fan base has been shrinking.When this lot of season ticket holders has gone there will be very little interest for the spare seats unless things change and that means a more ambitious board!

[quote user="jjohnny"]I don''t mine being nice ,the problem is we are sometimes to nice,giving worthy to long may have set us back 3 years imho[/quote]

Agreed, HUGE error and they should of listened to the fans, and it has set us back. Its also a lesson to be learnt and time will tell on that one.

I do not think its a reason for those that now paint the board as money sucking devils.

The change came (too late) but a new guy is in that is clearly making progress with the team.

Football is improving, some decent signings in and some good results that bode well for next season.

Things are not great, but they are nowhere near the disaster some would have us believe.

[quote user="jjohnny"]Every growing fanbase!Whatever planet do you come from,apart from the die hard i don''t know anyone who supports norwich.I have 2 sons aged 14 and 18 they support chelski and arsenal.I done everything i could to make them support norwich but all i got back was"they are rubbish " or "they never win anything" imho apart from the championship winning year norwich''s fan base has been shrinking.When this lot of season ticket holders has gone there will be very little interest for the spare seats unless things change and that means a more ambitious board![/quote]

exactly why are you on here?

i dont care wether your kids support chelski and arsenal. but the truth of the matter is the fan base IS ever growing. and saying this lot of season ticket holders going will mean that there will be no interest. there will always be people wanting to see norwich play.

this reply is the number one worst reply i have seen in relation to a comment. i cant believe you picked up on me saynig ''ever growing fanbase'' and chose to criticise this. did you not get the point of my comment at all? you one track minded strange little person

No not a disaster yet.In all honesty though was i the only one who thought we should have bounced back up to the premiership and built norwich back to the team we once were?I just have to keep asking myself "why are so many of us happy to be a nice little club when we should be in the premiership"

That post sums up the reason the board has no need to change anything.You are as equally one track minded as me only your track is blind confidence in the sham that runs our club,as for people always wanting to watch norwich play i think you should have said SHEEP

Admirable...

[quote user="jjohnny"]I had better not post anything now or i might get thrown in the cluck and smudger bracket.[/quote]

But then, disaster!...

[quote user="jjohnny"]...as for people always wanting to watch norwich play i think you should have said SHEEP[/quote]

...and it was going so well... [;)]

JJ no you are not alone in that, I was hopeful we would too, and felt we would.

The change was needed, clearly, but not made and I''m annoyed with that. I was also annoyed with the attitude towards those of us asking for the change by many people within the club.

However that''s done now, its gone. Using those bad seasons as a stick to beat the board with, to stir up trouble, and to stop us moving forward, is pointless.

Some people can''t move on and fair play to them, that''s their choice. It''s more enjoyable when you do though.

[quote user="jjohnny"]I have 2 sons aged 14 and 18 they support chelski and arsenal.I done everything i could to make them support norwich [/quote]Hahah! Obviously you didn''t try hard enough :)I''m phoning social services.

I went wrong by taking them to their first games when Hamilton was manager ,there was no coming back after that LOL

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Admirable...

[quote user="jjohnny"]I had better not post anything now or i might get thrown in the cluck and smudger bracket.[/quote]

But then, disaster!...

[quote user="jjohnny"]...as for people always wanting to watch norwich play i think you should have said SHEEP[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree mbdvdcdvhsncfc.......It started badly but improved dramatically by the end.       [:)]

Theres still time for them yet jjohnny, they might come to realise the price of supporting Chelski is an atmosphere more suited to a library than a football ground.Give me the Barclay over that any day!

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="mbncfc"]

Admirable...

But then, disaster!...

[/quote]

I disagree mbdvdcdvhsncfc.......It started badly but improved dramatically by the end.       [:)]

[/quote]

Look at this guy... [:D] ...You can see how sad he is...

Honestly, look. He''s really sad. I can prove it too. I see he''s really sad. Not happy in any way. Completely demoralised...

(lurv ya rewy clock [O] [;)])