Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Fantastic gesture from a very nice club!

Thats got a lot to do with the football side of things ,are all your posts veiled digs at other posters

No, strangely enough.

Nutty Nigel has always appeared a very level-headed poster.

So, jjohnny, SHUTUP.

:)

hogesarr

[quote user="jjohnny"]

Thats got a lot to do with the football side of things ,are all your posts veiled digs at other posters

[/quote]

No, but it seems yours are digs at me.

I am quite proud of the fact we have a "nice" image.

It maybe that I just don''t remember but I can''t recall a post where you discussed football any more than I do.

I can do personal insults and I can do football.

It''s great to see - doubt too many other clubs would do the same.

Thats is nice, but... they got any players worth stealing? Swear their right back wasnt so bad and didnt do too badly contending with Hucks from what I can remember.. Just a behind the scenes thought..

OTBC!

I think it is fantastic, and am pleased that I support a club which is as decent as NCFC - I''m sure there are other clubs that would do similar, but plenty wouldn''t. 

I recently contacted Bryan Gunn when he was the ambassador about whether he could arrange a ticket for my friend who has just gone into chemo - The club gave him two tickets and invitation into the Gunn Club. This was another amazing gesture from the club and i am still very proud of NCFC.

[quote user="hogesar"]

No, strangely enough.

So, jjohnny, SHUTUP.

hogesarr

[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha Hoggy. You do make me laugh sometimes.

Well spotted jjohnny.....I import nits specially for him to pick.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I recently contacted Bryan Gunn when he was the ambassador about whether he could arrange a ticket for my friend who has just gone into chemo - The club gave him two tickets and invitation into the Gunn Club. This was another amazing gesture from the club and i am still very proud of NCFC.
[/quote]

Nice to hear of such things from NCFC, especialy as many seem to spend there waking hours telling anyone that will listen, and those that wont that the club is a pile of crap and everyone should be sacked.

Hope your pal is making a good recovery and enjoyed the match [:)]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="hogesar"]

No, strangely enough.

So, jjohnny, SHUTUP.

hogesarr

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here was your chance to prove to people you can see good in the club that you claim to have so much affection for. But you used it to try and score personal points against me. I take it you lost the argument on the other thread.

There are many things today for fans like me to feel proud of. The clubs actions in this issue, our performance last night, Huckerby''s wonder goal, and our fans tremendous support last night and the 15,000 odd season ticket renewals.

Cluck and jjohnny  take note!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="hogesar"]

No, strangely enough.

So, jjohnny, SHUTUP.

hogesarr

[/quote]

[/quote]

Here was your chance to prove to people you can see good in the club that you claim to have so much affection for. But you used it to try and score personal points against me. I take it you lost the argument on the other thread.

There are many things today for fans like me to feel proud of. The clubs actions in this issue, our performance last night, Huckerby''s wonder goal, and our fans tremendous support last night and the 15,000 odd season ticket renewals.

Cluck and jjohnny  take note!

[/quote]

I have nothing whatsoever to prove to you NN (sorry about that)....and no need ever to validate my affections for this club "that was"..... You....this forum and any arguments hereon are a mere sideshow for reality....and the victory last night means little else other than a tad more space away from relegation. If that makes you proud.....then what the hell.....bask in it. 

Neither do I care how many season ticket sales are sold.....and I sincerely hope someone else gets to enjoy my old seat while watching Delia''s weekly pantomines. Like many others....I''ll leave the asylum to the lunatics for now until things at CR change...by which time season tickets will go begging and the sheep will have been banished.

I''m cool....and greatly looking forward to new adventures on Saturdays for a while....but I''ll be back when Norwich finally gets it''s club back...irrespective of the state it finally sinks to. I''ll survive...and so will Norwich City the football club.

[quote user="jjohnny"]

[/quote]

very harsh!

i might not always see eye to eye with NN and we have had our disagreements but his arguements are always well structured and factual.. a good poster who very rarely has digs

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jjohnny"]

[/quote]

very harsh!

i might not always see eye to eye with NN and we have had our disagreements but his arguements are always well structured and factual.. a good poster who very rarely has digs

[/quote]Second Jas'' comments. And we can post anything we like on here related to the club and the sport in general - this post (the original topic, not what it has turned into) was very relevant and i for one am very glad to read about it because i didn''t know about it.As for your comments Cluck, they just make me incredibly sad. Sad that someone could think like you do. If you really feel no satisfaction about last night''s result, or if you felt nothing when you read of the tamworth gesture, you must be a very cold and uninspiring person to be around.

Level headed poster ,i am so sorry i thought you were being sarcastic.Tell me then WHY DON''T WE WANT TO BE A NICE ?

Thanks for the kind words.

I don''t go out of my way to have digs, I used to sometimes, but found all it does is spoil the threads. In fact sometimes I go the other way and try not to even though it can be hard. Sometimes I still "just have to" though!

My comments when first posting this was to try and show there are good things about being seen as a "nice club".

Truth is, I have found posters are not what they maybe first seem on here. First impressions of someone can often be wrong, especially if they are posting after a bad defeat. Bad defeats hurt us all. Most of us are united by a love of the same football club. Different opinions are the lifeblood of this community, I try never to have a problem with opposite opinions but I have never made any secret of the fact that I don''t like it when stuff is made up to show our club in a bad light.

I like posting on here and enjoy being in the company of city fans both on here and at matches, home and away.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t go out of my way to have digs, I used to sometimes, but found all it does is spoil the threads. In fact sometimes I go the other way and try not to even though it can be hard. Sometimes I still "just have to" though!

My comments when first posting this was to try and show there are good things about being seen as a "nice club".

Truth is, I have found posters are not what they maybe first seem on here. First impressions of someone can often be wrong, especially if they are posting after a bad defeat. Bad defeats hurt us all. Most of us are united by a love of the same football club. Different opinions are the lifeblood of this community, I try never to have a problem with opposite opinions but I have never made any secret of the fact that I don''t like it when stuff is made up to show our club in a bad light.

I like posting on here and enjoy being in the company of city fans both on here and at matches, home and away.

[/quote]

NN...you''ve been involved in more digs than Time Team...so please don''t come the wounded soldier here. If you dish it out (as you regularly do)....then don''t be surprised when it comes back. That''s the way adult banter works.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jjohnny"]

[/quote]

very harsh!

[/quote]

Just what i thought, and posted. Perhaps 2 great minds think alike?

[quote user="Cluck "]

and the victory last night means little else other than a tad more space away from relegation. If that makes you proud.....then what the hell.....bask in it. 

[/quote]

How could a performance like last nights or that wonderfull goal from Hucks, mean nothing to a Norwich City fan??

My point exactly angel (but more succinctly put!). It makes you wonder where some people''s hearts really are. The result last night is not the be all and end all and it doesn''t materially affect our season other than to help secure our championship status. BUT, you can''t help but question the commitment of any fan that can''t still feel immense pride and satisfaction in our club after that result.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

NN...you''ve been involved in more digs than Time Team...so please don''t come the wounded soldier here. If you dish it out (as you regularly do)....then don''t be surprised when it comes back. That''s the way adult banter works.

[/quote]

I was sincere in what I posted, I''m not a wounded soldier because, like yourself, I will continue to post whatever I think is appropriate, digs or not. It may seem to you that I have more digs than Time Team because, like I have consistently said, I don''t like it when stuff is made up to show the club in a bad light. You make it plain that in your eyes it''s a vrtual forum so the truth doesn''t matter. I disagree.

How could a performance like last nights or that wonderfull goal from Hucks, mean nothing to a Norwich City fan??  City Angel

---------------------------------------------------

Surely the answer to that lies in your question City Angel ? [;)]

[quote user="sheded"]

How could a performance like last nights or that wonderfull goal from Hucks, mean nothing to a Norwich City fan??  City Angel

---------------------------------------------------

Surely the answer to that lies in your question City Angel ? [;)]

[/quote]

He''s not a city fan then? :O

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="jjohnny"]

[/quote]

very harsh!

[/quote]

Just what i thought, and posted. Perhaps 2 great minds think alike?

[/quote]

more a case of fools seldome differ i think :(

[quote user="a1canary"]My point exactly angel (but more succinctly put!). It makes you wonder where some people''s hearts really are. The result last night is not the be all and end all and it doesn''t materially affect our season other than to help secure our championship status. BUT, you can''t help but question the commitment of any fan that can''t still feel immense pride and satisfaction in our club after that result.[/quote]

Ok then a1...an explanation.

When you have been so deflated by this club over a long period of time...it takes rather more than a single goal (which a decent defence should have blocked) to conjure up any enthusiasm. What has that goal achieved for the overall state of NCFC?  Not alot other than a few points further away from the drop...somewhere I am disgusted to find this club despite a large injection of money and a cartload of dubious signings.

Martin''s goals are another issue however...because he is young and maybe part of the future. This season is dead on the ground...but Martin may be here for seasons to come (Board permitting) and that is where I am looking already. I herald his contribution for what possibly lays ahead...but Hucks for all his charisma is nearly yesterdays man....and next seasons likely reserve player.

So...far from the usual bleat about not caring because I don''t jump through hoops over a relegation scrap goal....I''m way ahead and thinking about the future....and hopefully a brighter one than the present stagnation.

[quote user="Cluck "]

but Hucks for all his charisma is nearly yesterdays man....and next seasons likely reserve player.

[/quote]

Next seasons likely reserve player? Care to explain that statement Cluck, I''m a little confused.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluck "]

but Hucks for all his charisma is nearly yesterdays man....and next seasons likely reserve player.

[/quote]

Next seasons likely reserve player? Care to explain that statement Cluck, I''m a little confused.

[/quote]

What particular part of the ageing process don''t you understand Shack?  Every dog has it''s day and while I hail his past contributions to a very ordinary squad...in 12 months time he''ll be struggling....unless we make League One that is....where he could probably still do a job.

Pace is his game....so old legs and the inevitable niggling injuries will see him off.

I just thought that I should add that I think NN is one of the most balanced and interesting contributors to this board and only resorts to any kind of sniping when severely provoked.

And, Cluck - Huckerby is next years likely reserve player??? I would also like you to explain why this is the case? Because it sounds like an absolutely preposterous suggestion to me considering the form he has shown recently!!!