Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I want Andy Hughes To Stay!.

It is not me being stubborn and unwilling to change my opinion WIZ...  I just do not think that Hughes is god enough (and in my opinion he never will be either).

And you''ve seen him how many times this season - still let''s not let the facts get in the way of a bit of player bashing, eh?

[quote user="Dicky"]

It is not me being stubborn and unwilling to change my opinion WIZ...  I just do not think that Hughes is god enough (and in my opinion he never will be either).

And you''ve seen him how many times this season - still let''s not let the facts get in the way of a bit of player bashing, eh?

[/quote]

Do I have to see him this season???

A c**p player is a c**p player Dicky.... no amount of time or training is going to turn Andy Hughes in to a decent footballer.... you only need to watch the guy play once or twice to know that the guy is never going to make it....

God only knows how he has managed to foole enough people in to earning the wages he has thus far from pretending to be a footballer!!!

The majority will disagree with me... but I would much rather keep Paul McVeigh (I would rather have a guy here that has the potential to improve and win matches than somebody who clearly has limited potential and just tries hard).

We could bring any number of players in that are capable of playing at the level that Hughes is capable of on a salary that is less than half of his!!!

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

And you were doing so well Dicky!!.

I''''ve seen him enough times this season to make a judgement, don''t you fret about that, fortunatly, as Peter Grant didn''t get anyone in on loan to replace him, he must seeing the same qualities in Andy as I do.

The last two clean ''shut outs'' tend to support this as well. ......... and all against quality opposition as well!.

And who''s player bashing matey .............. not I ............I ''m supporting him!.

Much as I''ve not been Hughes biggest fan I would say that he always gives 100% and actualy cares about the team , Also IMO its no surprise that since we''ve had Hughes / Croft on the right and Drury / Lappin on the left we''ve looked a lot better both defending and going forward and Hughes must take some credit for this.

It''s also worth bearing in mind not many teams win promotion or anything in that fact with a team of superstar technically gifted players , an essential part of all teams/squads are hard working players with good attitudes Hughes may not warrent a starting place in the team but is definatly a good man to have around the squad.

Also worth mentioning if we had given Edworthy a new contract I seriously doubt this thread would be taking place!!!!!

I agree that I would like Andy Hughes to stay at the club as I think his attitude towards the game is a good example. However I don''t think he is good enough to warrant a starting berth. He played well in patches against Derby and Stoke but everything he does well is then spoilt by a bad error or giving the ball away cheaply. If he could cut that out of his game he would be a very useful player but you can''t afford mistakes at this level and with Hughes in the team there is always the chance of a mistake.

I preferred him in the Liver Birds myself....but everyone should feel free to make a career change if they choose.

Nothing in life is cast in stone...apart from reproduction fireplaces that is....and some garden ornaments...oh and those "alpine" planters that look like rock troughs.            [Y]

I like Andy............and I think he should stay.

Get rid of "My Little Pony McVeigh, Forlorn Thorne and the rest of the bed-sores, leeches and leg-irons."

See, it''s easy being ruthless.

Now, I think the NCFC board need a good Dyno-Rod enema - to flush out the jammed stools an'' stuff..........Then maybe, they''ll stop just ''going through the motions'' and deliver instead of grunting and groaning........Fnaaargh! G''urn! Harumph! Yearrrrrrrgerroutaahthasberrer!

[quote user="1stwizard"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

And you were doing so well Dicky!!.

I''''ve seen him enough times this season to make a judgement, don''t you fret about that, fortunatly, as Peter Grant didn''t get anyone in on loan to replace him, he must seeing the same qualities in Andy as I do.

The last two clean ''shut outs'' tend to support this as well. ......... and all against quality opposition as well!.

And who''s player bashing matey .............. not I ............I ''m supporting him!.

[/quote]

or it could just be that a Stoke without Hendrie or a Brum without McSheffrey are about as pi$$ poor as the rest of the teams in this god damn awful league this season???

Andy Hughes what can I say, 100% a Norwich player, who gives 100% for Norwich, not the best player in the world but he tries, is he worth his place in the team damn right he is, in my opion at times he is a better player than Drury, he get forward he can cross he can shoot, what more do you want from a full back ? You might think Iam a relative of his but Iam not.  What Iam is a supporter who gave him stick every time he touched the ball when he played in midfield, but not now he does get caught out of position once or twice a game but his commitment to Norwich is second to none[:P] definatly in my starting 11 !!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I like Andy............and I think he should stay.

Get rid of "My Little Pony McVeigh, Forlorn Thorne and the rest of the bed-sores, leeches and leg-irons."

See, it''s easy being ruthless.

Now, I think the NCFC board need a good Dyno-Rod enema - to flush out the jammed stools an'' stuff..........Then maybe, they''ll stop just ''going through the motions'' and deliver instead of grunting and groaning........Fnaaargh! G''urn! Harumph! Yearrrrrrrgerroutaahthasberrer!

[/quote]hahahahaha! superb stuff mello!

[quote user="Helveg is God"]

Also worth mentioning if we had given Edworthy a new contract I seriously doubt this thread would be taking place!!!!!

[/quote]

Or even if Edworthy had signed the contract he was given!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Helveg is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yes thats right, he was only offered a year extension, and wanted to sort out his future for his family.  Look at him now two years on, past it.  We have Colin and the big trier no talent Hughes, what are we worrying about.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Helveg is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yes thats right, he was only offered a year extension, and wanted to sort out his future for his family.  Look at him now two years on, past it.  We have Colin and the big trier no talent Hughes, what are we worrying about.

[/quote]

When he came here he had no club and no contract at all. Worthington gave him the chance that so many other managers didn''t. Why do we continually sing the praises of players who left during Worthy''s time here. There''s no future in it now, Worthy is long gone!

It was ironic how the same fans who applauded Edworthy at the start of the Derby game shouted for his dismissal after his cynical challenge on Martin.

It must be a month since I heard you mention Danny Crow mind!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

he had no club and no contract at all. Worthington gave him the chance that so many other managers didn''t. Why do we continually sing the praises of players who left during Worthy''s time here. There''s no future in it now, Worthy is long gone!

It was ironic how the same fans who applauded Edworthy at the start of the Derby game shouted for his dismissal after his cynical challenge on Martin.

[/quote]

of course they are gonna do that...  He was the best right back we have had for nigh on 10 years. (Helveg could have been but wasn''t picked enough worthy and his foreigners....)  But as you say that is in the past, so I will be hoping a decent Right back arrives in the summer, or Hughes ups his performances to an adequate level and proves he can be a capable player at this level.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

he had no club and no contract at all. Worthington gave him the chance that so many other managers didn''t. Why do we continually sing the praises of players who left during Worthy''s time here. There''s no future in it now, Worthy is long gone!

[/quote]

of course they are gonna do that...  He was the best right back we have had for nigh on 10 years. (Helveg could have been but wasn''t picked enough worthy and his foreigners....)  But as you say that is in the past, so I will be hoping a decent Right back arrives in the summer, or Hughes ups his performances to an adequate level and proves he can be a capable player at this level.

[/quote]

Well you are entitled to that opinion CJF. It''s my opinion Steeno was.

I take it you have given up on Crow now.

Oh... and........

Dublin 6 Sutton 1 ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Helveg is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When he came here he had no club and no contract at all. Worthington gave him the chance that so many other managers didn''t. Why do we continually sing the praises of players who left during Worthy''s time here. There''s no future in it now, Worthy is long gone!

It must be a month since I heard you mention Danny Crow mind!

[/quote]

Eddie would not of left if we had given him an extra year on the contract that was offered... hardly asking for the world was he? 

Yet again poor man-management by Worthy and/or the current board.

Oh... and........

Dublin 6 Sutton 1 ?

[/quote]

Yes, I forgot Steeno for a minute - freed by worthy as well if I remember correctly - Worthy and his foreigners.  I am not going to whinge about the youth overlooked by your hero, and simple man, Worthy anymore - fair play to Granty in giving them a go and actively promoting sending them on loan to find out if they are any good.

17th when your hero left us, 15th now...   Who knows how well Sutton would have done in this poor division but again he is playing in a far superior league, untill unfortunatly he got an elbow in the eye.

Anyway as you say no looking back anymore, IMO we should be aiming a lot higher than Andy Hughes at right back, but he will do at the minute.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Oh... and........

Dublin 6 Sutton 1 ?

[/quote]

Yes, I forgot Steeno for a minute - freed by worthy as well if I remember correctly - Worthy and his foreigners.  I am not going to whinge about the youth overlooked by your hero, and simple man, Worthy anymore - fair play to Granty in giving them a go and actively promoting sending them on loan to find out if they are any good.

17th when your hero left us, 15th now...   Who knows how well Sutton would have done in this poor division but again he is playing in a far superior league, untill unfortunatly he got an elbow in the eye.

Anyway as you say no looking back anymore, IMO we should be aiming a lot higher than Andy Hughes at right back, but he will do at the minute.

[/quote]

Who is my hero then CJF? Steeno was certainly one of them!

Your knowledge of anything predating our promotion season is at best very sketchy and you seem lost for anything to post now Worthy has gone. You are gonna have to let go and move on sometime.

Steeno didn''t want to sign a new contract because he wanted to return to Denmark. He went back to play for Odense for family reasons. He always speaks highly of the club and the fans and IMHO is far more worthy of hero status than your "best right back in the last 10 years".

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Oh... and........

Dublin 6 Sutton 1 ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your knowledge of anything predating our promotion season is at best very sketchy and you seem lost for anything to post now Worthy has gone. You are gonna have to let go and move on sometime.

Steeno didn''t want to sign a new contract because he wanted to return to Denmark. He went back to play for Odense for family reasons. He always speaks highly of the club and the fans and IMHO is far more worthy of hero status than your "best right back in the last 10 years".

[/quote]But some people aren''t going to let the facts get in the way of a bit of Worthy-bashing, are they?It seems to me there''s only one person on these boards obsessed with Worthington, and it certainly isn''t Nutty!Steeno was a legend, and Eddy was an excellent Right Back... surely we should be glad we had two good players at that position for so long, regardless of the fact that we now have Hughes... I think Grant sees Hughes as a stop-gap and that Colin will leave in the Summer to be replaced by at least one incoming RB who will probably be a quality first choice player... well, better than Hughes, anyway... Hughes will then be back-up in that position, allowing Grant to get more quality midfielders in...

I loved watching Steeno play. He was a quality player. I also preferred him further up the park because he would get more crosses in. He had one hell of a right foot did that boy!...

Anyways...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Oh... and........

Dublin 6 Sutton 1 ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually I cannot enter the pinkun site apart from 15 minutes in the morning and at lunch anymore  :( - hence my posting has fallen somewhat...  And I do agree Steeno was a better player than Eddy whom is leagues better than Hooves.